Path of Exile

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw a post on Reddit about the queue screen spiking GPU usage to max, checked my stats and ya max usage/power draw. Be careful if you're just idling tabbed in waiting. I do have capped FPS on as well. I wonder if its something with drivers and 30x0 series cards perhaps, since New World was frying peoples GPUs in menu too.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Saw a post on Reddit about the queue screen spiking GPU usage to max, checked my stats and ya max usage/power draw. Be careful if you're just idling tabbed in waiting. I do have capped FPS on as well.
Wow. The game is just so well tested by the developers!!!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm at 308 in the queue and my GPU ain't done shit since I joined. People are bad at computers and blame shit when they have no idea what they are talking about.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds interesting, and i might be wrong, but wouldn't you just die instantly? 5% base cost on manabond and lifetap is a 300% cost increase and then your other supports.

edit - thought about this more, could maybe do some kind of manabond miner setup using lavianga's + forbodeing and manastorm shield as a weaponswap to murder bosses. then regular shield for trash clears (since for trash, having more mana is better with manabond)

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure what there is to not understand here. About 5 sec difference between screenshot for 20c temp increase. FPS capped in game and in nvidia profile and its showing around the cap set.

baseGPUusage.png

poeGPUusage.png

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Messed around a bit and the culprit seems to be the global illumination shadow setting. Try that if you're also seeing issues with GPU usage.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Holy fuck the mechanic mods are nuts. Mobs are cold immune, mobs cull at 20% life, mobs always crit.

Fucking loooooooooooool good luck hardcore fags.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I just watched a couple streamers and I think I’m gonna sit this league out. That league mechanic looks like garbage. Just started a xcom 2 campaign so I’ll do that.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Why because I refuse to join in on the pity party?
Million and one excuses for shitting on a game trying to better itself than continue on the trajectory to WoW's casual focused shit show that NOBODY finds fun.

POE was never intended to be easy and casual centric.
Goddamn you are an insufferable fucking twat. You sound like you are 12, why are you here?

I am waffling on joining tonight or tomorrow to start, I am sans kid as of today so as much as I said I was going to wait a week I don't think I will. So try my old stand-by builds and see how it goes I guess.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know the answer obviously, but then again I'm not paid to come up with the answer. I wish they would figure out a way to have a "fun" league and then separate the changes from big skill changes every time they roll out a league. Do both, but stop tying them into one massive change.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Sigh, you could roll 2x multi jewels for less than a couple chaos and be perfectly capable of downing all content easily and sell boss services. No matter what build I put up you crybabies will find some excuse why YOU couldn't do it.

I especially love the 3 wives 15 kids and 42 jobs excuses why any game has to be a certain way.

LOL. I play builds that cost more than that ele hit every league. But, I also know that only a few people are doing that on this board.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nevermind that Mathil in the extended clip then basically lamented some of the impact to casuals. In general he’s pretty levelheaded.

• 1Truth!

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Diablo 2 was amazing and ended up having tons of RMT; the only way Blizzard ever found to solve it was binding items and that made their games less fun. I'd rather deal with RMT than have anything bound to a character.

Its interesting you use Diablo 2 because it had the same 'fundamentally broken' trading system, even worse than it actually since the trade channels were capped at 40 players, and required a 3rd party website developped later on in its lifetime to trade effectively.

Caliane

dang, new brutus is pretty cool. was half afk, about to just run up tot he door, and go afk. was not ready. lol.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Its interesting you use Diablo 2 because it had the same 'fundamentally broken' trading system, even worse than it actually since the trade channels were capped at 40 players, and required a 3rd party website developped later on in its lifetime to trade effectively.

Super cringe that you are using the issues with a game released in the year 2000 to justify those same issues still present two full decades later. Sadly, the POE devs have iterated nothing on the D2 trade system... besides letting their community develop a trade site and then literally stealing the design. At least D2 allowed some targeted farming.

The most ironic part of the story is that Blizzard really did solve the trading system by including the gold AH in D3. They finally made a really good sink for gold outside of gambling and allowed people to bypass the cumbersome trade rooms. We will never get to appreciate it since their greed saw them add the real money side and then limit drops globally to force RMAH participation.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users