Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Buffing drop rate of logbooks 53%. 53% buff of zero = zero.
I must have a good RNG seed for log books because I've had 6 drop. Most of them were before the patch last night. Dannig even has 2 for me I can't afford yet too.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've been putzing around doing about 1 chapter a day when I log in. So I'm at act 5. Did get enough Chaos to buy a tabula off the currency expedition vendor. I know I could have made a new character a shitload of times but that seemed like too much work. Only chaos I got was from that vendor.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing Exsanguinate Mines. I would recommend, especially as a starter as it sidesteps most of the mana issues since it spends and reserves life.

I must apologize to dizzie dizzie , I was too harsh on Tremor Rod earlier. I think was assuming if you used Tremor Rod, you had to use Minefield and chain detonations. If you treat "additional detonation" as 100% more damage, Tremor Rod is a pretty good starter. I think it's still outclassed by good rares and I think the additional detonation is a bit clunky under sustained throwing.

Eye of Winter has some interesting mechanics. I think it's dogshit as selfcast(surprise!) since it doesn't travel that far. But if you stick it in a mine or trap, you lessen that downside. Stick a Hydrosphere next to the boss and get at least one chain(support, Snakepit, Deadeye, Gloomfang). Any projectile that hits the Hydrosphere will chain to the boss. Put Sniper's Mark on the boss, any projectile that hits the boss will split towards the Hydrosphere and then chain back to the boss. I'm not 100% sure on that last one, I know you can't chain to the Hydrosphere since it's not an enemy. But last league, Archmage Orb of Storm players seemed confident you could split to it.

If accurate, Sniper's Mark + Snakepit + Hydrosphere = 3x single target. On top of that, the extra bouncing counts towards overall projectile travel distance, so you get more of that 200% more damage bonus. What I have no idea how to estimate is how many projectiles hit the hydrosphere and boss per cast.

Fury Valve also has some interesting possibilities here but I haven't sat down to really think that one through. The person that reported it on Reddit seemed to imply the splitting was very finnicky.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm fine with seeing more logbooks (logbooks are great) but what I'd like over what looks to be a flat buff to drop rate is a heavier influence on the logbook signposts but then less signposts for them overall. It feels bad to go for those nodes over and over and have them not pay out. I've gotten my share of logbooks for the time I've invested in the league but those nodes specifically have been underwhelming. Last night I bombed a fucking ton of them and by the end it felt like I should have just been going for general efficiency rather than trying to chain logbooks with pack size and the other monster modifiers.

League's growing on me overall though. Ward doesn't seem to have much support? I've gotten more logbooks than items with ward.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
DW's exsanguinate mines build is one of the best league starters I've played in a while. It was cheap to gear going into red maps. The high strength and int requirements were the only slight pain. The damage is starting to look low but I'll see how it feels once I get my first Sirus.

The league mechanic feels better in logbooks. Placing the explosive is still the worst part. I wasn't paying attention and bricked a logbook by making it immune to my dmg, which was fun.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've had more than a dozen logbooks drop from maps. Are people just not prioritizing the the nodes with +50% logbook drop rate? They should be your first bomb every time if they are available, followed by bombing as many runic skulls as you can. The rewards from the mechanic in maps are completely irrelevant compared to getting logbooks.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
DW's exsanguinate mines build is one of the best league starters I've played in a while. It was cheap to gear going into red maps. The high strength and int requirements were the only slight pain. The damage is starting to look low but I'll see how it feels once I get my first Sirus.

The league mechanic feels better in logbooks. Placing the explosive is still the worst part. I wasn't paying attention and bricked a logbook by making it immune to my dmg, which was fun.
I was toying around with Tremor Rod and Kaom's Heart instead of wand, shield, and corrupted tabula. Damage is a bit better on the former, obviously HP is much better, and I might be underestimating how much a good 3 T3 affix wand and shield cost.

Either way, damage will drop off basically due to the Chain support. Obviously, you only swap that out for meaningful bosses. But if map bosses are testing the limits of your gearing, it's not going to feel good knowing a gem swap would get you ~50% more damage. Maybe my starter PoBs should have mapping supports instead of bossing supports to be more accurate. I'm not really sure they accomplished their goal of encouraging "interesting" supports.

It's part of the reason I'm interested in EoW. Clear is not as good since it takes time to travel. But no gem swapping(spell projectiles have cheap access to chain) and you get reliable chilling and freezing. Really wish HoI applied to mine/totem/trap kills. Single target can be nutty too depending on reliability of certain mechanics.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So yeah mentioned this in guild chat, be careful hitting F5 too fast after logging onto PoE to /hideout with Awakened PoE trade.

It seems that its possible to output your clipboard contents before it puts /hideout on it. I was working on some code prior to logging on PoE and upon logging on and hitting F5, it shit out the code in local, which JUST so happened to make me look guilty as fuck because of what my line of code said lol...

But either way, this is probably some kind of security issue they have with it.

1627683404261.png

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I must have a good RNG seed for log books because I've had 6 drop. Most of them were before the patch last night. Dannig even has 2 for me I can't afford yet too.
Ditto. Up to yellow maps I have probably had 10 drop.

Weird how anecdotal are a lot of "drop chance" discussions. Been happening since Time Immemorial.

Also anecdotally, I am still running a 4L chest on my main skill. I was just thinking how the clear speed scaling seems to be lagging a bit now before realizing I am still running a gimp set up. Have not seen a 5L drop, the 5L recipe in Delve, nor a 5L Harvest yet. Weird.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Been playing Exsanguinate Mines. I would recommend, especially as a starter as it sidesteps most of the mana issues since it spends and reserves life.
Is this suitable for SSF? Do you have a pob? I'm probably rerolling in SSF as I don't have a lot of time at the moment and ssf is just generally more chilled.

Thanks!

Edit: Dont' mind farming for stuff in SSF so if it needs certain uniques that's perfectly OK.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is this suitable for SSF? Do you have a pob? I'm probably rerolling in SSF as I don't have a lot of time at the moment and ssf is just generally more chilled.

Thanks!

Edit: Dont' mind farming for stuff in SSF so if it needs certain uniques that's perfectly OK.

No required uniques, but I think Tremor Rod and Kaom's Heart will go a long way towards making the overall power level of the build feel better. Machina Mitts help a lot too since Exsanguinate will be cutting into your Sabo regen.

I do starter PoBs a bit differently, just filling into slots and affixes that I think required or important to the build. The rest of the affixes go to attributes, EHP, and resists. I still haven't figured out flasks.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Tremor Rod's a bitch of an item to get in SSF, think I've only seen it drop once before. Machina mitts probably gonna be a pain too.

Don't know till you try though.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wish the mine and trap playstyle didn’t make me want to stab myself in the nuts or id wanna try that . May just give a self cast exsang build a go as any non mana build sounds good this league, and seems like a pretty quick cast spell

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Traps with 0 duration are fine, you don't have to deal with arming time. Similarly, don't play mines with Minefield support, it's horridly slow. Also, don't play mines like you care about chaining detonation, takes too much attention.

I went with mines because you can get a Tremor Rod and free your chest slot up for more HP.

Do you think Kythik Kythik would play it if it was annoying?

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
15 logbooks so far. I had about 5-7 before the buff. Pro tip: bless orb them sumbitches.

Rogcraft continues to be great. Each night about 4 of us have a Rog party and just mass produce 10c to 2ex rings to sell. Fun seeing who can get better rings each go.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Octavian ripped on his Holy relic Necro but it looked OK. His new build sure as shit looks like it scales nicely for DPS, Ailment Scaling Trapper. I do like his builds alot, he thinks outside the box and is a good player. This one looks like it could be a bit of a hidden gem, the secrets of suffering sceptres are cheap currently.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fyi CI Forbidden Rite is not a great skill to self cast if anyone had the urge to try. Damage is meh (for my spec currently atleast but maybe it's salvagable?) and mechanically you end up in melee range because; 1, the auto targeting projectiles don't have a very large targeting area and more importantly 2, the projectiles won't hit the mobs running towards you because of slow ass travel time so playstyle is like Sweep or something like that where you charge into the middle of the mob group and unleash. But imagine Sweep mapping, it's not exactly the fastest.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I tried forbidden rite with mines. The single target was promising. Clear was bad for the reasons you listed.

I tried Frozen Orb too. Stuff snipers mark, hydrosphere, and flame wall on an arcanist brand and the single target is quite stupid. The clear was lacking though. I don't know if it's the random targeting of the mines, really going to suck if you need precise aiming for the skill. I'm hoping fury valve will fix clear. Fucking metamorph uniques being so rare.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright, wtf do I do with Gwennen. The only thing she's given me so far is the "you have bought a unique item from Gwennen" check mark.