Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah a proper log would require a lot of work. With that work they might as well make a full damage log that basically parse all info sent by the server and render it into a text form thing, which would be very helpful for confirming mechanics and such by seeing dmg done, but unlikely to happen due to the sheer amount of work going into it(and rendering it even if it's just text might cause performance issue due to the stupid amount of events happening at any one time in a typical poe situation).

Ultimately the "best" way to deal with it is to use 3rd parties like Shadowplay from Nvidia and having the Instant Replay feature on, which does eat up ressources(both disk space and performance since it's constantly recording) but lets you easily just check a video of how you died whenever it happens. A lot of deaths are just shit you can figure out after you died if you don't release right away though, and most are just on death effects or aura/ailment stacking elites so it's usually pretty easy to figure out.

I'd much rather they work on improving defenses so you don't run into the random one shots as much(even if it means slowing down gameplay) than work on a death log so you can see what flavor of bullshit killed you and do absolutely nothing about it cause there's no way to avoid it anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Coincidentally, Zizaran is starting a new series on his YT where he provides an analysis on his own and other people's deaths in PoE. He talks about it being poor play, general luck etc. In the series even he says that unless he goes back and watches the video, he is sometimes unaware of what exactly caused it, I've heard Steelmage on stream saying he has gone back and looked at some of his deaths, which he put down to "dumb luck". While it's sometimes easy to tell what killed you, sometimes it's not too - that's coming from some of the best players in the game.

Zizaran suggests recording your own play via shadow play or whatever and then reviewing it yourself on death, fortunately, I don't think anyone here is dying enough to warrant that kind of dedication to the subject.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I have no zero sympathy for anyone playing hardcore in this game lol.

The game just isn't designed for it anymore. The way league content/map mods/rare monster auras can and will stack up make it a complete non-starter for anyone that isn't a complete masochist or needs it to keep their stream "interesting".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Chris is doing a different podcast every week for the next two weeks. Such a smart PR move by GGG. They know that while some of the questions might be tough that none of these people are trained interviewers. The chances that Chris can get away with one of his standard Chris answers are high. The Baeclast one he even started it with how he is all alone. How all the answers are his. But, Chris seems obvious when he is reading a response off of a screen. He even admitted to typing to someone at one point.

Raize pushed back on one response. I believe Ziggy told him to be nice.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I just wish I knew how my AG dies on Siris. He seemingly gets 1 shot, which is astounding. He's rocking gruthkuls and everything. I guess I don't get him out of the meteor fast enough or something. But it's the only thing that even remotely damages the AG.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Chris is doing a different podcast every week for the next two weeks. Such a smart PR move by GGG. They know that while some of the questions might be tough that none of these people are trained interviewers. The chances that Chris can get away with one of his standard Chris answers are high. The Baeclast one he even started it with how he is all alone. How all the answers are his. But, Chris seems obvious when he is reading a response off of a screen. He even admitted to typing to someone at one point.

Raize pushed back on one response. I believe Ziggy told him to be nice.

Yes, this is the same shit when politicians go on radio to interview someone that ends up giving them softball questions even though on normal days they are acting all tough and shit.

But, as much as I hate to say it -- the reason the questions are softballs is that they simply won't show up if they aren't. It would not surprise me if Chris didn't have many questions in advance.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Don't think it matters that much him going onto podcasts, lots of players know that these answers are fluff designed by marketing to quell the flames. The player base will continue to be divided until he gives us concrete answers about what they are going to do with the game. You had to be blind to not see him looking at a pc or sheets of paper in the Baeclast interview. Don't get me wrong, it's great he's doing it, but lots of people won't be sold until we see what exactly is happening next league.

It's probably going to be a hellish few weeks for the GGG devs, no doubt whatever they've been working on will have changed. I don't think things that were being talked about like defensive overhauls and atlas changes were going to be part of next league, but they are going to have to be now.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
About the most disturbing thing was streamers getting piled on for asking softball questions. What did people expect? Why be a dick?

internet fuckwad theory indeed.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I only look at reddit every few months, maybe right before a league. The Chris "walked on water" is still pretty large over there. In a ways it's almost bipolar.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they asked a LOT of the questions people wanted them to ask, but I guess they just weren't yelling at him or screaming or something so people think it was "soft ball". I mean Raiz basically had an aggro tone about every question he asked and most of them weren't even his questions. He's one of the people linked into the "GGG shills" category during this league because he said people who want to complain more than quit should just fuck off.

The questions asked there were probably harder than the ones he's going to get with Ziz Mathil and Quin. Ziz will try and be a good interviewer and regurgitate all the "WHY NO MORE HARVEST" type questions and shit, but Quin is almost a direct counter balance to all that ideology. Mathil doesn't even really want to be there, but I'm sure he'll have some questions that aren't on Reddit but will make Reddit angry.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don’t like the game. Quit and provide well thought out feedback or at least be nice. These people never watched Road House and it shows.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
About the most disturbing thing was streamers getting piled on for asking softball questions. What did people expect? Why be a dick?

internet fuckwad theory indeed.

You can ask difficult questions without being a dick.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Don’t like the game. Quit and provide well thought out feedback or at least be nice. These people never watched Road House and it shows.

Been a LOT more entertaining to watch if they took out Chris's knee and watched him roll around while say "Damn that hurt didn't it?"

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I think they asked a LOT of the questions people wanted them to ask, but I guess they just weren't yelling at him or screaming or something so people think it was "soft ball". I mean Raiz basically had an aggro tone about every question he asked and most of them weren't even his questions. He's one of the people linked into the "GGG shills" category during this league because he said people who want to complain more than quit should just fuck off.

The questions asked there were probably harder than the ones he's going to get with Ziz Mathil and Quin. Ziz will try and be a good interviewer and regurgitate all the "WHY NO MORE HARVEST" type questions and shit, but Quin is almost a direct counter balance to all that ideology. Mathil doesn't even really want to be there, but I'm sure he'll have some questions that aren't on Reddit but will make Reddit angry.
THIS is the state of the Path of Exile in 2021? Don't disturb the delicate genius of the founder? Or get dogpiled by NOT disturbing the delicate genius?

Jesus, I hate the state of us as a goddamn society. Just calmly and logically ask poignant questions that are pertinent and of interest to the majority of the audience.

I guess I could see how the interviewER would maybe be a little touchy to not "insult" the interviewee so he will come back in the future, but have some intellectual integrity.

Anyway, that was all over the place. The bottom line for me is Fuck Chris and his elusive and shallow answers (socialization lololol stop it, get some help), and seemingly obsessive and gratuitous desire to maintain the status quo with several hot button issues (trade, drop algorithms, level 100, "casual" player power ceiling, etc).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Did 99 Gwennen rolls last night while following a basic cheat sheet and also buying what could have been useful shit for myself and/or bases. It would have been much faster to just trade all that shit for the ten alts of value I ended up with as I sold her back all her shit. I do not understand her at all.

• 1Worf

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I'm starting to sell all my Gwen currency, fucking waste of time, let the gamblers have it.

On a second note, anyone found a use for ward bases yet?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Did 99 Gwennen rolls last night while following a basic cheat sheet and also buying what could have been useful shit for myself and/or bases. It would have been much faster to just trade all that shit for the ten alts of value I ended up with as I sold her back all her shit. I do not understand her at all.
My guess is D2 had it, and they wanted some D2 hooks to line up vs D2:res. Some of the new skills pretty blatantly spell that out.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gwenn is great if you're SSF. The higher ilvl bases and random influences she can hand out are very handy.

Complete waste of time in any trade league.

Xevy

Log Wizard
She's an alteration farm. Just buy everything, look at bases, vendor it back. Congrats on your 100 alts.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
She's an alteration farm. Just buy everything, look at bases, vendor it back. Congrats on your 100 alts.
That's such a hilarious waste of time/effort/clicks lol. Please no one ever do this.

If you're not SSF and looking for specific bases just ignore her existence when she pops up and finish your map, that's the only non-detrimental way to interact with her.

Unless you're one of those psychos that likes chancing headhunters, then by all means buy 10,000 reroll tokens and go nuts.