Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Flasks were boring and powerful pre 3.15, boring and meh 3.15, and boring, powerful, and extremely annoying to roll post 3.15.

All these words do fuck all to address the boring part. Who the fuck is reactively flasking beyond life?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Purity of elements is OP as fuck. Completely free crutch in to maps for any character that doesn't get ailment stuff from their ascendancy.

Inquis looking back on the menu maybe with 50% curse res, should be very free to just get immunity.

Flask changes all look stupid and pointless and just a bunch more hand wringing for no reason. Will continue to just macro 2-5 per the last 3 years of playing the game and not even read flask patch notes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ranger "problem" looks made up. Like a solution looking for a problem. Recovery in part two will probably reveal more of the picture.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Flasks fucking suck. It is a D2 mechanic that was never fun in the first place and should never have made it past the turn of the century. It is disappointing that they haven't planned a way out of flasking to coincide with PoE2, but I can't say I'm surprised.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
these changes are what they should have released with 3.15 after internal testing of the original (released) changes and realizing that this shit just ain't working. The flask duration going from 4 seconds to 1 second, then patching it back to 4 seconds and and now it's gonna be 6 (for quicksilver as an example) seconds. GGG is so fucking lost, it's not even funny any more

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Purity of elements is OP as fuck. Completely free crutch in to maps for any character that doesn't get ailment stuff from their ascendancy.

Inquis looking back on the menu maybe with 50% curse res, should be very free to just get immunity.

Flask changes all look stupid and pointless and just a bunch more hand wringing for no reason. Will continue to just macro 2-5 per the last 3 years of playing the game and not even read flask patch notes.

Taking out a small gain DPS gem for Purity of Elements looks like a no-brainer for almost any build. The aliment immunity makes flasks less important and the free all res allows you more flexibility to itemize for less perfect items in one or two slots.

Forgot about the mana reservation requirements. So I guess it will replace the worst DPS aura gem instead of the worst DPS support gem.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
aul.png

Off to the mines!

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taking out a small gain DPS gem for Purity of Elements looks like a no-brainer for almost any build. The aliment immunity makes flasks less important and the free all res allows you more flexibility to itemize for less perfect items in one or two slots.

Forgot about the mana reservation requirements. So I guess it will replace the worst DPS aura gem instead of the worst DPS support gem.

From a 3.15 perspective its pretty crazy ya...Don't think it's gonna be all that in a 3.16 landscape except for early on...It's just gonna be that easy to handle ailments it looks like to me

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
More choices is good. I'm almost leaning toward them making ailments TOO easy to obviate. All this attention given to the systems related to ailments and still the target is lolfuckyourailment. No cap, no diminishing returns? Haven't they said they can't make bosses with high amounts of chaos damage because of CI?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Part 2 - Lots of stuff...For one the evasion + accuracy scion wheel won't get accuracy anymore for you guys doing the molten strike accuracy stack jugg

edit: "Base Types are now generated with a random 0-10% higher base defence, as an inbuilt currently-non-modifiable property. This means that all base types can be better than they currently are, and armour base types are not homogeneous any more. Energy Shield values on base types instead vary from 0-20%."

2 sides to this coin.. 1 - cool, basetypes will keep their value for longer if you get the 1 out of 10/20 max roll... 2 - Crafting on sub par bases will just feel bad

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Part 2 - Lots of stuff...For one the evasion + accuracy scion wheel won't get accuracy anymore for you guys doing the molten strike accuracy stack jugg

edit: "Base Types are now generated with a random 0-10% higher base defence, as an inbuilt currently-non-modifiable property. This means that all base types can be better than they currently are, and armour base types are not homogeneous any more. Energy Shield values on base types instead vary from 0-20%."

2 sides to this coin.. 1 - cool, basetypes will keep their value for longer if you get the 1 out of 10/20 max roll... 2 - Crafting on sub par bases will just feel bad
About as cool as requiring ilvl 82 flasks. This is a spiteful change that goes against their purported desire to make picking up rares worthwhile. You don't pick up bad bases, now you won't pick up at least 80% of good bases either.

• 1Truth!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Maybe I'm wrong here but it still seems like tanky characters are going to get one shot which is exactly what people were asking to avoid. It is hilarious watching streamers in D2 fighting bosses and see a boss attack them a ton and do damage in chunks. My butthole puckers when they get to 75% life because POE has trained me that at 3/4 of my life bar I have about a 90% chance of the next shot killing me.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw, the new armor values are busted as fuck. Couple weeks in to the league you'll see the build showcase videos of people just afking in simulacrums for 4 hours.

Evasion is ultra fucked though.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Naw, the new armor values are busted as fuck. Couple weeks in to the league you'll see the build showcase videos of people just afking in simulacrums for 4 hours.

So what I hear you saying is that THICC JUGG Molten Strike is the gameplan?

• 1Mother of God

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

You can do that now with aegis aurora

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So what I hear you saying is that THICC JUGG Molten Strike is the gameplan?

Maybe, lot is gonna depend on the rest of the context in the full notes.

MS just doesn't have the damage without accuracy stacking I don't think, but so far I see no indication that accuracy stack would be in jeopardy. You'd stack armor now though obviously rather than path to acro/phase acro, but we shall see.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea remains to be seen what the tree looks like, but unless there's a massive node shakeup I'd wager you just take a bunch of evasion nodes down there and iron reflexes.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Looks like some pretty significant nerfs to the really strong defensive tools, with some base level defensive power increases to 'compensate'. Without knowing anything concrete yet, my instinct says there will be some kind of hybrid Armor/ES Templar character that has some OP tools available to it. Overall though, it looks like those who focused on some strong defensive tools at the cost of some offensive tools are gonna get hosed.

thisisfine.meme