Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
been doing the mechanic as I level, pretty fun but way way too short. I assume they'll be longer in maps?

Rather than being one big thing you do per area it looks like this time they decided to chop it up? You can fill the same bar more than once but yeah, each chunk is not too big.

So far the only thing I'm disappointed is that I haven't found any Easter eggs by shifting in a specific area. You know how in SMB2 when you go to the dark world at the right spot there's a life mushroom or maybe a warp zone? I keep looking for something extra, a change of dialogue or something. I shifted at the docks by Fairgraves and was really hoping his normal dialogue would be replaced by all screaming about demons or something, shift in Dalia's chamber and she's just pieces, etc. Just some flavor to show this version of Wraeclast went completely off the rails.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Anybody else crashing a lot when there's a s*** ton of stuff on the screen I'm leveling up a witch and right now I'm using flame wall holy flame totem and scorching Ray and when I go into the alternate reality and too much s*** is on the screen and it's all fiery I just crash

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The best way to do the league mechanic I've found is to hit V, clear the screen where you are, then pop back out. There always seems to he a good size pack when you shift into the scourge realm, but then if you run around trying to find more stuff it's pretty sparse. I'm not in maps yet so I don't know if that will change later, but this method also fits well with my build.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The best way to do the league mechanic I've found is to hit V, clear the screen where you are, then pop back out. There always seems to he a good size pack when you shift into the scourge realm, but then if you run around trying to find more stuff it's pretty sparse. I'm not in maps yet so I don't know if that will change later, but this method also fits well with my build.

This does seem better than filling the bar and running around as it drains.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This does seem better than filling the bar and running around as it drains.
Also worth to mention, even though I'm pretty sure they stated in league reveal, that taking yourself out manually takes the items out too. The first few times I was wondering why my stuff dropping wasn't coming with me.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I just quickly played through the first 5 zones in a spare second this morning, and fuck GGG for upping the difficulty there. It has to be a kick in the balls to a player new to the game. I died on the side quest to kill the necromancer. I died in the lowbie area. Like a scrub.

Conveniently my first corruption was a decent rare weapon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just quickly played through the first 5 zones in a spare second this morning, and fuck GGG for upping the difficulty there. It has to be a kick in the balls to a player new to the game. I died on the side quest to kill the necromancer. I died in the lowbie area. Like a scrub.

Conveniently my first corruption was a decent rare weapon.

If you show up to that Necromancer with just like, Fireball, he will wreck your ass.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had molten strike with a white weapon. And there was a rare skeletal rhoa with him too, just to put it in my ass raw lol.
I must've died in the cave right after mud flats 5 times. Why are there so many cold based mobs in act 1? Imagine being new to this game.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zombies + fireball and yeah, charging rhoa's pretty much rape face and then if you eat a barrage of arrows or something you can't even run away before another barrage hamstrings you and death. Skipped last league but had been happy I usually made it to brine king deathless, now I'm like 5+ starting act 2. God damn

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The demons that do the lightning zap can fuck right off. They've killed me a dozen times at least now.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Scourge has some VERY ripe Spectre potential. If you check the PoE DB stats for some of them, like the Fallen Angels that lightning zap you, they do BIG fucking damage and some have CD abilities which sucks, but some are just attack speed. Probably some new meta specs coming in. I've been running Harpy Demon's as they do decent damage with melee, have a charge, have big hp, and their screech A: looks badass and B: applies a phys dmg increase on mobs that then synergizes with my zombies really nicely.

First league where Spectres in league mechanic aren't all for looks for the Spectre community.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Bunch of scourge mobs are gonna get nerfed, so I guess enjoy the spectres while you can heh.

The raw phys damage that comes out of some of them is bonkers, and that re-skinned delve mob that does a huge flame cone is some of the most questionable damage I've seen in a league since delirium.

Fun fact, if you open scourge inside the first lab zone, the re-skinned delirium apes will melee you for more than izaro hits for.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
If anyone is interested in trying a new build, poison concoction pathfinder is really good.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anybody else crashing a lot when there's a s*** ton of stuff on the screen I'm leveling up a witch and right now I'm using flame wall holy flame totem and scorching Ray and when I go into the alternate reality and too much s*** is on the screen and it's all fiery I just crash

Don't know if it will help. There's an option now to check off if you don't want things rendered that drop that are filtered out. That may help, may not. I think it's in the game tab in options.

• 1Like