Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if they'll ever let spider from Arakaali's Fang refresh their duration. Biggest drawback to the build having to stare at the top left of your screen and watch your spiders start to despawn so you can double tap desecrate, hold down divine ire, and then hope your worm flask has charges(I ain't watching that too), and then only two spiders spawn. I have Gravebind, I do not understand how only 2 spiders can spawn.

Or maybe they fix their UI so some vital piece of information isn't in the periphery. Probably neither happening at this point.

That aside, been liking the Occultist version of the spooders build. The clear falls off somewhat at the high end but somehow I've copied the right elements of profiles from poe.ninja to make it stupidly tanky. Pop into 150+(even 200+) stack T16 scourge land while I run around like an idiot waiting for spiders to initiate Profane Bloom pops. These are the new parts to the build that I've never tried with Scourge: Aegis Aurora, Block capped(with Bone Offering up), and Temp Chains blasphemy.

None of these seem like they should stop me from getting one shot, so...idk. Maybe it's that you never stop moving since you have fuck all to actually do.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
You just farm it with a normal WR build?
Ya, it was fairly cheap to setup(two inspireds being the bulk of the cost). I only did t3s but t10 is apparently the way to go for chances at Mageblood drops(I'm still checking heavy belts in t3s though). I rolled my maps for 26+ pack size then corrupted. Make sure to keep your maps organized for when you roll nem3, beyond, or unidentified. My best map was a nem3 + beyond 140IIQ map which dropped 2 nurses and 6 exalts.

A tight filter is a huge time saver. The only currency I have shown are scours, exalts, chaos, GCPs, and scourge currency. My unique threshold is 20c. I'm about ready to hide unique jewels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm level 92 now, got to Sirus twice. Apparently if you leave all the watchstones in before going to his Citadel you get a harder version of him, I don't think I even managed to start the encounter before losing all the portals. Second time I unsocketed them and got to about 30%

What should I be doing to all my maps and should I only stick to higher numbers?

So far I've been upping the quality of white maps, upgrading them to rare. Have a lot of scarabs banked, have ran a few scourged ones.

What else should I be doing at level 92? I mean in terms of "juicing" the maps etc

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
level doesnt really matter that much, the main progression system in this game is gear, gear, gear. You can do ALL of the content at level 92, or none of it.

for white, yellow, and low red maps, i just alch them and that's it. but if you've gotten to Sirus twice, that means you should have all your watchstones and be well past white and yellow maps.

For red maps T14+ you get out of them what you put into them... I always Chisel them to 20%, then alch, and if I need the atlas bonus vaal them. but your returns are going to be low like that - flipside being it's infinite sustain, a constant source of always positive net income.

After you get all the watchstones, you need to start collecting atlas points by letting maven watch you kill bosses in T14+, then running the invitation you get. If you get slaughtered in the first two portals of it, ask in guild for someone to help you so you dont have to collect all the bosses again.

a good beginner strat is Lira Arthain - put the points in heist nodes first, then expedition. once you get like 20 heist contracts, run them and then use the reveals to run a blueprint or two. heist is EZ money, and you'll be getting expedition currency for rerolls and hopefully logbooks as well. run delve whenever you cap out your sulphate. run temples whenever you finish them.

upgrade your gear along the way with whatever you can sell. everything adds up, but early on your bread and butter is gonna be running zana shaper/guardian maps for 12-20c fragments to sell.

mid-game is to reliably run T16's fully chiseled, alched, vaaled, with sextants, fragments or scarabs, and not be dying to a rogue metamorph or delirium mirror bosses.

the endgame is buying unique watchstones, spending stacks of awakened sextants for the beyond mod, then buying or rerolling maps for the beyond mod on that, adding delirium orbs, fill up on prophecies, and select the beyond mod from the map device options (beyond on watchstone, beyond on map itself, beyond on map device is what is "triple beyond"). expect to spend several hundred chaos per map just to remake it every few maps when you finally get something worth 3+ exalts.

At that point you can also deep delve or run simulacrums or ravaged blighted maps as well.

The hot new thing this league is to chain run white Tower maps with a full magic find set and enough of the above juice to get the item quantity to 110+ on the map before any other additions in order to farm nurses, which turn into doctors, which turn into headhunters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For tower farming I'm guessing people skip that boss?

Ps hollow palm leveling is the tits. I've definitely missed out on this for a few leagues. Found a really good cheat sheet that you can level any class with it

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
level doesnt really matter that much, the main progression system in this game is gear, gear, gear. You can do ALL of the content at level 92, or none of it.

for white, yellow, and low red maps, i just alch them and that's it. but if you've gotten to Sirus twice, that means you should have all your watchstones and be well past white and yellow maps.

For red maps T14+ you get out of them what you put into them... I always Chisel them to 20%, then alch, and if I need the atlas bonus vaal them. but your returns are going to be low like that - flipside being it's infinite sustain, a constant source of always positive net income.

After you get all the watchstones, you need to start collecting atlas points by letting maven watch you kill bosses in T14+, then running the invitation you get. If you get slaughtered in the first two portals of it, ask in guild for someone to help you so you dont have to collect all the bosses again.

a good beginner strat is Lira Arthain - put the points in heist nodes first, then expedition. once you get like 20 heist contracts, run them and then use the reveals to run a blueprint or two. heist is EZ money, and you'll be getting expedition currency for rerolls and hopefully logbooks as well. run delve whenever you cap out your sulphate. run temples whenever you finish them.

upgrade your gear along the way with whatever you can sell. everything adds up, but early on your bread and butter is gonna be running zana shaper/guardian maps for 12-20c fragments to sell.

mid-game is to reliably run T16's fully chiseled, alched, vaaled, with sextants, fragments or scarabs, and not be dying to a rogue metamorph or delirium mirror bosses.

the endgame is buying unique watchstones, spending stacks of awakened sextants for the beyond mod, then buying or rerolling maps for the beyond mod on that, adding delirium orbs, fill up on prophecies, and select the beyond mod from the map device options (beyond on watchstone, beyond on map itself, beyond on map device is what is "triple beyond"). expect to spend several hundred chaos per map just to remake it every few maps when you finally get something worth 3+ exalts.

At that point you can also deep delve or run simulacrums or ravaged blighted maps as well.

The hot new thing this league is to chain run white Tower maps with a full magic find set and enough of the above juice to get the item quantity to 110+ on the map before any other additions in order to farm nurses, which turn into doctors, which turn into headhunters.

Ok thank you, good explanation. I have several Maven invites banked as I just focused on grinding 91-92 after several days of dying repeatedly.

So it's still worth it to run the low tier maps?

I've started skipping the Sacred Grove portals because they're boring, was skipping expedition encounters because chances of dying were high, I occasionally do heists to take a break from mapping - but you're saying all the side stuff is worth doing?

What exactly am I looking for money making wise? Chaos/exalted orbs? Or unique items? Should I be selling those items to players?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
99.999999% of uniques you'd pick up off the ground will not sell. only pick up ones that the loot filter screams at you with a different sound/color.

I do not think it's worth running low tier maps if you can handle higher ones, no.

Sacred grove is worth it for rerolling cluster jewels that you happen to find, trying to craft your own gear with it is an excercise in futility for 99.999% of the playerbase, you're better off just buying what you want.

you want exalted orb and chaos orbs, yes... to get those, you just need to sell whatever else you pick up: splinters of any kind, fragments, fossils, oils, tainted currency, catalysts, scarabs, div cards, blighted maps, cluster jewels, stacked decks, essences, whatever you can find that you can sell without wasting more time selling it than it takes to go get more stuff.

once you're in red maps, dont bother picking up rares off the ground, they'll never be worth anything. like i said 99.9999% of uniques you find are also worthless trash. gems and flasks with 14+ quality on them are worth picking up and tossing in a tab until it gets nearly full, then sell them in bulk to a vendor for GCP's and glassblower baubles. those can sell in bulk stacks of 20.

I don't sell ANY contracts, I run all of them because they're quick and always profitable. You can start to sell maps once your atlas is nearly completely filled out and you're self-sustaining.

If you get a double corrupt or double gem corrupt on your temple (level 3 locus of corruption or doryani's) you can consider selling the temple instead of running it, but I personally like to just run it - buy a 30-40c'ish unique that is in hot demand and cross your fingers for the locus.

Keep your weapon swap off-weapons full of gems that you are leveling. This should be 6 of whatever your main skill is, when it hits level 20, sell 1 gem and 1 GCP to a vendor to get a level 1 20% quality gem, level that up, and when you have all 6 gems at level 20 and 20% quality, hit them with a vaal (or a doryani's in the temple if you got one). if you hit a level 21 gem sell it (or use it if you dont already have one). If you've got mondo currency to burn you can sub in empowers or enlightens instead of your main skill and do the same thing.

If your build is capable of bossing without dying (after you can breeze through sirus), instead of selling fragments, you can go on buying sprees and buy them all up and run shaper/elder/ubers - here you're looking for good watchers eyes, which are super fucking rare that's why I don't bother and just sell all my fragments.

if you don't know what you're doing with the syndicate board, i recommend either watching a video, or just saying fuck it and putting whoever wherever and just running catarina as soon often as it comes up. PROTIP on catarina: before you start fighting her, buy a Kalandra's Craft prophecy so you get extra veiled shit. sell all of her stuff without unveiling it if you want guaranteed money, or roll the dice.

When you're out of einhar missions, take stock of everything he's offering, and look for anything on the first page of poe.ninja to convert to an item to sell.

Expedition currency: Tujen and Gwennen are self-explanatory, Dannig allows you to convert his currency to either of the others, and rog is AN ABSOLUTE FUCKING WASTE OF TIME.

You could run labs for helm enchants keeping a wide variety of in-demand helms in a quad tab, but I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than try to make money that way.

As you're killing shaper/guardians for the fragments, you'll get some maven invitations for stuff like the Feared/Formed/etc. I doubt you could handle those for a while so just sell them.

Unique maps: sometimes they are a waste to run (Death & Taxes) sometimes they are fairly good (Putrid Cloister, Caer Blaidd, Maelstrom of Chaos). If you get a Cortex, distant memory, or doryani's machinarium: don't risk it, just sell it. unless you get it from a zana mission inside a map - then definitely run those. Hall of grandmasters goes straight to the delete button, don't bother trying to run it or sell it, period.

You'll build up several hundred silver coins. you could sell them in bulk, or you could fucking sit there and seek prophecies over and over, comparing them to poe.ninja and hunting for anything that sells for over 1c but like running labs - I'd rather use a cactus for an enema.

I use incubators the instant I get them, I've never tried to sell them but I guess you could if you're desperate.

"high level crafting bases" that filterbladez LOVES to show by default is an absolute fucking joke, they are literally never worth anything, even on day 1 of the league unless they're influenced.

oh yeah, influenced items - if you've bought a few quad tabs, then you might have room to dump these into a tab and save them up, if you manage to collect an entire set of the SAME influence (2 weapons, chest, head, gloves, boots, 2 rings, belt, amulet) you can sell them to a vendor for exalted shards.

Keep a few good ones around for harvests though - i spend all my physical crafts on crusader chests, all my chaos crafts on hunter amulets, all my speed crafts on hunter boots, all my caster crafts on shaper/elder rings, etc.

Selling piddly shit like this will eventually net you hundreds of chaos, then you just use those to trade up to exalteds, and use the exalted to start buying better gear. Your weapon might be a big upgrade that you need 9-10ex for, and then aim for pieces that are around the 2-3ex mark. once you've filled out most of your slots with gear that costs a few ex and you can see what your build is capable of and what it is not, you will understand the game way, WAY more than you do now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
99.999999% of uniques you'd pick up off the ground will not sell. only pick up ones that the loot filter screams at you with a different sound/color.

I do not think it's worth running low tier maps if you can handle higher ones, no.

Sacred grove is worth it for rerolling cluster jewels that you happen to find, trying to craft your own gear with it is an excercise in futility for 99.999% of the playerbase, you're better off just buying what you want.

you want exalted orb and chaos orbs, yes... to get those, you just need to sell whatever else you pick up: splinters of any kind, fragments, fossils, oils, tainted currency, catalysts, scarabs, div cards, blighted maps, cluster jewels, stacked decks, essences, whatever you can find that you can sell without wasting more time selling it than it takes to go get more stuff.

once you're in red maps, dont bother picking up rares off the ground, they'll never be worth anything. like i said 99.9999% of uniques you find are also worthless trash. gems and flasks with 14+ quality on them are worth picking up and tossing in a tab until it gets nearly full, then sell them in bulk to a vendor for GCP's and glassblower baubles. those can sell in bulk stacks of 20.

I don't sell ANY contracts, I run all of them because they're quick and always profitable. You can start to sell maps once your atlas is nearly completely filled out and you're self-sustaining.

If you get a double corrupt or double gem corrupt on your temple (level 3 locus of corruption or doryani's) you can consider selling the temple instead of running it, but I personally like to just run it - buy a 30-40c'ish unique that is in hot demand and cross your fingers for the locus.

Keep your weapon swap off-weapons full of gems that you are leveling. This should be 6 of whatever your main skill is, when it hits level 20, sell 1 gem and 1 GCP to a vendor to get a level 1 20% quality gem, level that up, and when you have all 6 gems at level 20 and 20% quality, hit them with a vaal (or a doryani's in the temple if you got one). if you hit a level 21 gem sell it (or use it if you dont already have one). If you've got mondo currency to burn you can sub in empowers or enlightens instead of your main skill and do the same thing.

If your build is capable of bossing without dying (after you can breeze through sirus), instead of selling fragments, you can go on buying sprees and buy them all up and run shaper/elder/ubers - here you're looking for good watchers eyes, which are super fucking rare that's why I don't bother and just sell all my fragments.

if you don't know what you're doing with the syndicate board, i recommend either watching a video, or just saying fuck it and putting whoever wherever and just running catarina as soon often as it comes up. PROTIP on catarina: before you start fighting her, buy a Kalandra's Craft prophecy so you get extra veiled shit. sell all of her stuff without unveiling it if you want guaranteed money, or roll the dice.

When you're out of einhar missions, take stock of everything he's offering, and look for anything on the first page of poe.ninja to convert to an item to sell.

Expedition currency: Tujen and Gwennen are self-explanatory, Dannig allows you to convert his currency to either of the others, and rog is AN ABSOLUTE FUCKING WASTE OF TIME.

You could run labs for helm enchants keeping a wide variety of in-demand helms in a quad tab, but I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than try to make money that way.

As you're killing shaper/guardians for the fragments, you'll get some maven invitations for stuff like the Feared/Formed/etc. I doubt you could handle those for a while so just sell them.

Unique maps: sometimes they are a waste to run (Death & Taxes) sometimes they are fairly good (Putrid Cloister, Caer Blaidd, Maelstrom of Chaos). If you get a Cortex, distant memory, or doryani's machinarium: don't risk it, just sell it. unless you get it from a zana mission inside a map - then definitely run those. Hall of grandmasters goes straight to the delete button, don't bother trying to run it or sell it, period.

You'll build up several hundred silver coins. you could sell them in bulk, or you could fucking sit there and seek prophecies over and over, comparing them to poe.ninja and hunting for anything that sells for over 1c but like running labs - I'd rather use a cactus for an enema.

I use incubators the instant I get them, I've never tried to sell them but I guess you could if you're desperate.

"high level crafting bases" that filterbladez LOVES to show by default is an absolute fucking joke, they are literally never worth anything, even on day 1 of the league unless they're influenced.

oh yeah, influenced items - if you've bought a few quad tabs, then you might have room to dump these into a tab and save them up, if you manage to collect an entire set of the SAME influence (2 weapons, chest, head, gloves, boots, 2 rings, belt, amulet) you can sell them to a vendor for exalted shards.

Keep a few good ones around for harvests though - i spend all my physical crafts on crusader chests, all my chaos crafts on hunter amulets, all my speed crafts on hunter boots, all my caster crafts on shaper/elder rings, etc.

Selling piddly shit like this will eventually net you hundreds of chaos, then you just use those to trade up to exalteds, and use the exalted to start buying better gear. Your weapon might be a big upgrade that you need 9-10ex for, and then aim for pieces that are around the 2-3ex mark. once you've filled out most of your slots with gear that costs a few ex and you can see what your build is capable of and what it is not, you will understand the game way, WAY more than you do now.

Ok thanks again

Noted on the Grove, I was actually using that to re roll Abbys Jewels, so not that far away

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
For tower farming I'm guessing people skip that boss?

Ps hollow palm leveling is the tits. I've definitely missed out on this for a few leagues. Found a really good cheat sheet that you can level any class with it

I skip the boss, the phases take too long. While it is annoying, make sure to unsocket your watchstones, after opening the map, so that t3 towers will drop and you'll over sustain.

I've found conc path to be a faster leveling skill for HP than smite. Also, get a temple belt with %dex + MS during flask effect if you want to speed it up a little more. I didn't feel that poison concoction, with fewer required items, was too much slower than a full leveling set HP run.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Anyone can analyse my build?
I can't get past 15-20% into level 92 - a lot of it is being reckless because I have almost perma plaguebearer, and can clear 75% of a t16 map by just running into packs, but I randomly get one shot out of nowhere. I know I should avoid going into scourge when the corruption gets high and play a bit safer but I feel like my defence choices could be optimised.

Also not sure whether I should ditch the onslaught, tailwind and elusive buffs on my boot because my build may not benefit from them as much as it 'feels' like - seems the main benefit from them is movement speed

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Well, Asshat, it looks like your effective HP is pretty high, but in my experience that's a bit misleading for evasion type builds.

For instance, if you go into config in POB, turn off Immortal Call and check "have been hit recently by an attack" your eHP says 23K for phys and 82K for ele. A little low IMO, but not terrible. HOWEVER, look what it says for max hit taken: 3,698 phys and 15,265 ele. Some of the greater experts here may correct me, but I have a feeling you're getting wrecked by those times where you get hit outside of Immortal Call and you've been hit recently by a lot of mobs.

I'm not familiar with your build enough to recommend specific changes, but in general it looks like you've focused too heavily on offense/dps. You could probably get by with about 25% less damage and trading off some of those points for more life or defense.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone can analyse my build?
I can't get past 15-20% into level 92 - a lot of it is being reckless because I have almost perma plaguebearer, and can clear 75% of a t16 map by just running into packs, but I randomly get one shot out of nowhere. I know I should avoid going into scourge when the corruption gets high and play a bit safer but I feel like my defence choices could be optimised.

Also not sure whether I should ditch the onslaught, tailwind and elusive buffs on my boot because my build may not benefit from them as much as it 'feels' like - seems the main benefit from them is movement speed

Seems to me you can save 2 points between shadow start and supreme ego.

But defensively i feel like it's kind of hard to know where to start. Low life and avoidance mechanics for defense will get you killed, there's just not much you can do about it. And you can't offscreen so ranged mobs will most likely get to attack you atleast once.
Personally, for starters i wouldn't use replica mistwall. Id probably Get a rare shield with spell supression on it (and life) and get the inveterate wheel and whatever else to get to 100% supression.

edit to say: I'd probably think of some way to get ghost dance and some relevant amount of es like 1k or so

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Seems to me you can save 2 points between shadow start and supreme ego.

But defensively i feel like it's kind of hard to know where to start. Low life and avoidance mechanics for defense will get you killed, there's just not much you can do about it. And you can't offscreen so ranged mobs will most likely get to attack you atleast once.
Personally, for starters i wouldn't use replica mistwall. Id probably Get a rare shield with spell supression on it (and life) and get the inveterate wheel and whatever else to get to 100% supression.

edit to say: I'd probably think of some way to get ghost dance and some relevant amount of es like 1k or so

I can try and juggle some points on passive to put into Invet wheel.

Regarding ES, my helmet gives me Eldritch Battery and 25% reservation efficiency, which lets me run 4 aura's and a herald. I can spam blade vortex and whirling blades like this, so presumably you mean the ES should go back to life?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can try and juggle some points on passive to put into Invet wheel.

Regarding ES, my helmet gives me Eldritch Battery and 25% reservation efficiency, which lets me run 4 aura's and a herald. I can spam blade vortex and whirling blades like this, so presumably you mean the ES should go back to life?

Oh ya forgot you had EB because of the helm. My bad. I haven't used it since 3.5.
Ultimately it might not be a bad idea but it went from being quite easy to fit in to like build changing so i don't know honestly.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
You got barely any life on your gear and you have no physical mitigation. You got 5 item slots that have no HP. The only way you die is gonna be a random one shot unless you get more health or try to fit in a determination somewhere. Prolly start by getting 2 points into your life mastery and get the flat +50hp and then the 10% max health one.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Oh ya forgot you had EB because of the helm. My bad. I haven't used it since 3.5.
Ultimately it might not be a bad idea but it went from being quite easy to fit in to like build changing so i don't know honestly.

I got a new shield and it's helping a lot

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You got barely any life on your gear and you have no physical mitigation. You got 5 item slots that have no HP. The only way you die is gonna be a random one shot unless you get more health or try to fit in a determination somewhere. Prolly start by getting 2 points into your life mastery and get the flat +50hp and then the 10% max health one.

So trade out some evasion for armour?