Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I hit 90 on my build about 2 weeks ago and immediately logged off with zero will to log in again. I am such a casual.

Definitely done. I'm a little sad.

Well, see y'all next league!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
There's actually a few reasons they did this. Their scheduling previously had leagues launching like early December so people could play with Holiday time. The one month bump and one week bump of whichever leagues it was kinda fucked all that up. So this way people who have time off can come and play in a 'fresh' league without a stagnant economy and low population. It does seem kind of self-harming, but I think it's more for the players who play big spurts during the holidays. The league itself is weirdly doing okay, not booming or anything, but at this point looking steadier than the previous two leagues. Retention sliiiightly better, but still no Harvest or Ritual.

These leagues actually could have some issues as in previous years when launch was week 1 or 2 of December they'd hit some bugs or balance issues and then GGG themselves would be on break for like 4 days with less than a ghost crew running it. One year was particularly bad but Chris basically said he's not going to force his server guys to leave their families to try and fuck with the server stuff without knowing 100% what the problem was ahead of time.

Overall buncha leagues that range from "nah" to "neat." Heist will be fun for about 10 hours, Delve may be better than last time, but still will suck, multi boss should be interesting but people will need bossing builds which usually clear like shit. Royales will be a flash in the pan per usual. Fun for a few hours maybe until the population logs off and never back on.

Did you know that most of the people that comment in this thread have played for years? We are well aware of the problems that the previous Christmas leagues have had. Do you have more information than what has been posted to Reddit? Is the purpose of you posting in this thread just to get into it with DW and a few others?

Thank you for explaining what we already understood. fistbump

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Their is absolutely no critical thinking or even recognition that you don't just get to arbitrarily decide what other people should or shouldn't do because of your stupid fucking feelings.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Millenials? Well fucking excuse me. Tired of our generation always getting stuck with the culture blame. It's the fucking zoomers canceling everything.

• 1Salty

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
if someone wants to hurt themselves to win something, why should we stop them? Bring on the steroidlympics.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ziz thinks poe e-sports is going to get up to 500k prize pools. Good joke. Also, I hope it actually happens because the amount of attention that garners might actually force GGG to fix some of the fundamental flaws with the game.

Or who know, maybe we'll find out some day that Neon has a Cosby Suite.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Did you know that most of the people that comment in this thread have played for years? We are well aware of the problems that the previous Christmas leagues have had. Do you have more information than what has been posted to Reddit? Is the purpose of you posting in this thread just to get into it with DW and a few others?

Thank you for explaining what we already understood. fistbump
This is me directly replying to you so you know I'm replying directly TO YOU. Thought it'd help as you seem to be confused otherwise.

Congrats on playing for years, you fooled me!

• 1Smuggly

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Millenials? Well fucking excuse me. Tired of our generation always getting stuck with the culture blame. It's the fucking zoomers canceling everything.
Real talk. It has nothing to do with age and EVERYTHING to do with them being the most braindead liberals.

• 1Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I hate millennials so much. They are all a bunch of faggots.

This shit comes up pretty much every time they introduce a race. I used to frequent the PoE boards and it was over and over.

There was also the constant whine about the random boxes and "gambling".

I do not like rules/laws that protect people from themselves. I agree we need to protect children from predatory gaming pursuits, but once you are an adult with your own money and time, do what you will, the consequences are yours.

Xevy

Log Wizard
A bunch of those races will be over in 3-4 days anyways, then they can take 6 days off until the next for the most part. Any of the true competitors are definitely going to take off the end of Endless Delve (LOL?) to prep for the Gauntlet for the actual money prizes.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
This is me directly replying to you so you know I'm replying directly TO YOU. Thought it'd help as you seem to be confused otherwise.

Congrats on playing for years, you fooled me!
Almost as funny as that time you got your first HH and came posting here thinking you were cool.

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This shit comes up pretty much every time they introduce a race. I used to frequent the PoE boards and it was over and over.

There was also the constant whine about the random boxes and "gambling".

I do not like rules/laws that protect people from themselves. I agree we need to protect children from predatory gaming pursuits, but once you are an adult with your own money and time, do what you will, the consequences are yours.
Eh, I think having an asynchronous race, while more boring from a spectator point of view, would be better for everyone overall. Yeah health bla bla, but also you basically can't compete if you don't do the same shit and that just feels like it's not a very fair way to do a "race". Not that most people could compete anyway, but it's still kinda weird to have these type of events, instead of a duration limited event where you have to time to pace yourself and sleep. Besides obviously the fact it'd require to create new systems to support it and they're barely supporting racing to begin with, so obviously they're not gonna put any time into that.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gems in HO will be nice. Also glad they are unloading stale old content. Dumping Perandus didn't seem to make performance any better though, so maybe my theory of assets at critical mass is incorrect.