Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think those are great. Definitely some OP shit to be had with those, but it's nice to have a reason to farm the main boss with a watcher's eye like item available. Maven and Sirus just didn't quite have that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On the flipside the odds of getting one you can use are probably close enough to 0, and the price for any of the good nodes is going to be astronomical. It offers a lot of options though. Things like poison prolif on ranger, perma fortify on duelist, rage zerker node or end charge juggernaut node on marauder, malediction/profane bloom on Witch(along with the minion stuff you can swap around too) and Inevitable Judgement/whatever you need from Guardian on Templar. Other stuff too but some of these offer very potent generic options or build defining stuff(profane bloom on a necro or poison prolif on a raider/deadeye)

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thinking of going bleed bow glad for league start, should be pretty smooth up to high maps.

Going to do a fresh run here since i haven't played it for quite a few leagues.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you need two different jewel slots to put that in or do they combine in the same jewel socket (doubt)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm, Winter Orb spits out projectiles 25% faster while channeling. Wonder if that's worth revisiting. Been far too long since I played a build with shatters.

Gonna shelve Blade Blast though. I can't get a league start PoB without ass DPS. Might be a good second build of the league however.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m gonna run exsanguinate traps. But I’d rather do self cast as a style. Might try it. Dunno.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmmm, Winter Orb spits out projectiles 25% faster while channeling. Wonder if that's worth revisiting. Been far too long since I played a build with shatters.

Gonna shelve Blade Blast though. I can't get a league start PoB without ass DPS. Might be a good second build of the league however.

Yea even looking at vulconus builds with a xoph's etc you're still at like ~500k dps with 10 blades hitting. That's pretty rough given how expensive those items are gonna be early league, even with the buffs coming to blade blast.

10 blade is relatively conservative to be fair, but with the AE nerfs the overlap isn't very reliable these days either.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea even looking at vulconus builds with a xoph's etc you're still at like ~500k dps with 10 blades hitting. That's pretty rough given how expensive those items are gonna be early league, even with the buffs coming to blade blast.

10 blade is relatively conservative to be fair, but with the AE nerfs the overlap isn't very reliable these days either.
EK with the right supports, volley and slower proj, will cluster blades better than bladefall. But it's still shitty to play since you can't aim your blades, they linger at a set distance from you based on proj speed. So you can only "rotate" them.

I was getting decent dps with a typical vulconus build augmented with Kitava's Thirst. 6.3 blades * 1.5(assuming you get one seal per one cast and one spell echo repeat) * 1.2(physical mastery) / PoB's fucky trigger rate for Kitava's Thirst * EK cast speed = ~16 blade blasts per cast of EK.

Would love to be proven wrong, but the playstyle is essentially dead until they unfuck blade blast's radius.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I fell down a hole today. Had the most basic empty hideout with just the shit I needed in a pile/row. Decided to download a more cleaned up hideout. Until just recently didn't even know that was a thing. I shouldn't have lol.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Gotta say, this league looks pretty good. I think I'm coming back for this one. It's been since Ultimatum besides a brief run in the Delve event for me.

I've been eyeing a Lightning Tendrils Energy Blade Inquis type of thing to fuck around with, and it looks like that got buffed pretty massively so we'll see how it goes.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just checked my Harvest era Bladefall/BB Chieftain in standard. Force respecced 50ish points, but didn't even 200IQ map the new points and it still looks viable. All rares (albeit Harvest era rares) with no AoE on them and it still is pretty good. Definitely feel the lack of AoE, but the real problem is it had .25 second cast time. Did a Catarina though and face fucked her, probably still easily in the 10-20m dps region. I'd say with 75% certainty you can make this build again and make it better.

It cleared like a fucking dream, but then I remembered I had a pre-nerf crit/curse/explode chest. So that's cheats, but with juiced Herald of Ash you'll still have some pretty good clear. Definitely felt like there weren't as many blades detonating at once, but the new helm enchant from few leagues ago would probably help with that (chance to detonate nearby blades).

Probably will play this, but was thinking of SSF this league so people don't ask me for bullshit nonstop early on. Finding a Thirst can be annoying, but I can still probably do it. Can just manually BB until then. The new Bladefall buffs will make clearing much, much easier and you'll only need BB for bosses essentially.

Borzak

Hopeing the atlas tree works out well. I'm not a big end game/final boss player. Would be nice to influence the atlas to fit the stuff you want to do.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I think this league is going to be dog shit but I think the atlas expac is great. I predict one of the biggest issues people are going to deal with is the stupid as fuck recipe bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The league mechanic looks lackluster. 60 currency items each rolled 3x is supposed to be good? I laughed when Chris touted the 180 currency rolls like that's something to care about. But, the core game looks to be getting more rewarding so maybe that'll balance out. Removing nem-3 is the best part of the entire announcement.

Borzak

My meds must be heavily overdosed this week. Thinking of buying a supporter pack for the first time ever.

Elite Emberkeep supporter, I like the armor.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m also considering skeles to skele mages too as a starter. But I’m probably doing exsanguinate traps.

I didn’t see a lot of people playing absolution. Also planning to try explosive concoction. Coming back to 3 leagues of skills to try is cool. I didn’t see shit for new melee worth trying.

CoC forbidden rite might be my fuck around build.