Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This was my last iteration of it in scourge league. I killed up to Maven with this, never bothered with feared or anything.

I'm sure there's plenty more damage to be found using it if you skip some of the block stuff and roll a claw that isn't quite as dogshit, but it was more than enough DPS for Sirus8/Maven's.

Level with frost blades until you get helix, then you can just play helix forever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So its been a few leagues for me but maybe il get on for this one. Give me a good starter build please. Like I said its been a while. I sort of tend to prefer melee type shit more. Maybe that exsanguinate skill?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Depends on projectile speed, where the target is when you start it, and the size of the hitbox. It hits up to 3 times per second if the proj is slow enough or the mob is fat enough. It also has a helix pattern of release, so there's an optimal point to position yourself to overlap spirals and hit the target multiple times with the same proj. This combined with the ability to prefire it can lead to some insta gibbing of most non-uber bosses at a higher gear level.

Here's the guy that did early testing that figured out a lot of it:

And here's the spiral graph with positioning (which is within that Reddit thread):

1643584434291.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The short answer is 2 hits per attack if it's a regular human target. Sometimes slightly more or slightly less depending how mobile they are.

It's what makes the +1 spiral enchant so powerful, as you then have entire extra rotation of potential extra hits. Larger bosses, like conqueror size or larger, tend to get absolutely shredded. Sirus is close to 2 hits per spiral, but he also often teleports enough that he picks up extra hits at the end of the 5th rotation with the helm enchant.

Also you want *some* proj speed at least, because if you have close 0 the projectiles are so slow as to be annoying for clearing and general feel. You just kinda have to playa round with it a bit and see what feels best for how you wanna play it.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How did that flask, or specifically that interaction, not get nerfed? Way too many "how did that not get nerfed?" this patch. People are going to get complacent and it's going to be much more painful when it's excised later.

Maybe not that flask since it's not popular, but other stuff like armor.

Speaking of things I don't get: Plaguebearer. I was trying out Poison Spectral Helix as a league starter, definitely has some progress. I'm not a fan of the skill itself while clearing, proj speed is required. But I was hoping Plaguebearer would fill some holes and...no? Am I dumb or is this another case of GGG half-assed UI implementation. I do not want to look in the top left corner to know it's time to start infecting again.

Without being able to depend on it being up every pack, you need to assume you're going to clear every pack with your not Plaguebearer skill, at which point, what's the point of Plaguebearer?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I missed last league. There was some kind of fortify shake up wasn’t there. Also how different is the passive tree now, my pob loaded up something that looks wholly unfamiliar but is it just a superficial change?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have a real dumb question. I found a video and PoB on a low health cyclone build. He had cheap and expensive in the PoB. Lot of options and was at least something different. What would you start with as that wasn't in his build? I rarely do that type of build and would have to look up what a duelist even gets for low lvl skills. Might have to wait having a hard time reading now and doing speach to text atm.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I have a real dumb question. I found a video and PoB on a low health cyclone build. He had cheap and expensive in the PoB. Lot of options and was at least something different. What would you start with as that wasn't in his build? I rarely do that type of build and would have to look up what a duelist even gets for low lvl skills. Might have to wait having a hard time reading now and doing speach to text atm.
People usually go with steel skills until high enough level for w/e skill you want. If you don't like call of steel play style you can swap to spectral helix at 12 instead of shattering steel.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How did that flask, or specifically that interaction, not get nerfed? Way too many "how did that not get nerfed?" this patch. People are going to get complacent and it's going to be much more painful when it's excised later.

Maybe not that flask since it's not popular, but other stuff like armor.

Speaking of things I don't get: Plaguebearer. I was trying out Poison Spectral Helix as a league starter, definitely has some progress. I'm not a fan of the skill itself while clearing, proj speed is required. But I was hoping Plaguebearer would fill some holes and...no? Am I dumb or is this another case of GGG half-assed UI implementation. I do not want to look in the top left corner to know it's time to start infecting again.

Without being able to depend on it being up every pack, you need to assume you're going to clear every pack with your not Plaguebearer skill, at which point, what's the point of Plaguebearer?

I'm confused what the issue is here - plague bearer charges virulence so fast that I barely even register that is has an icon up top? Like literally 2-3 attacks at most and it's back to it's ~1 billion virulence or whatever it caps at.

It's more about just finding a rhythm for toggling it back on than anything else.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm confused what the issue is here - plague bearer charges virulence so fast that I barely even register that is has an icon up top? Like literally 2-3 attacks at most and it's back to it's ~1 billion virulence or whatever it caps at.

It's more about just finding a rhythm for toggling it back on than anything else.
That is the point, I'm having trouble finding a rhythm. I'd like some visual indicator that it's full and when it's going to run out soon. The latter is far more important. Think of it similar to static strike running out just before you engage a pack.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
People usually go with steel skills until high enough level for w/e skill you want. If you don't like call of steel play style you can swap to spectral helix at 12 instead of shattering steel.
I picked up ground slam to start, gonna do a quick run through in a few and grab what comes up to try them out. I logged in and had bad lag, changed servers and still had it. Must be on my end so gotta see what it is.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Deathwing I got on my old CWC WORB Ice Spear Occultist on Standard and it wasn't A tier geared or even B Tiered but with Profane it clears like a fucking dream. Single target with CWC Ice Spear sucked pretty bad in red maps, but it was in no way optimized (I did have a 21 worb and 21 ice spear). I think built around it in the current era you could definitely get to reds easily, but single target will still lack a bit so you'll need CWC ice spear or some other trick for bosses.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it might not still be there as a complete package, which is a shame. Unless you want to do 2+ gem swaps for boss fights.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is absolution going to be the starter that throngs go after? Seems it’s everyone’s build. Didn’t realize Mathil did it. Doryani’s prototype is going to be expensive….I don’t think it’s necessary though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is absolution going to be the starter that throngs go after? Seems it’s everyone’s build. Didn’t realize Mathil did it. Doryani’s prototype is going to be expensive….I don’t think it’s necessary though.
Absolution was actually Kripps build and Mathil copied it to try and improve it (and he did), but I don't know how common it will be. Mathil had a ludicrous helmet for his, but with the buffs it may be pretty easy to do. I think most people are looking at the weird Ballista EA shit. Spectral Helix/Poison Concoction I think will probably be #1/2 builds for people just looking to do completion.

Skelly mages will also be big as they destroyed last league, but the jewel and chest will be pricey early on.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

After those two probably but even before they went ham with it the skill was perfectly fine for starting out. Minions are just good.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Absolution will be a good starter. Likely common too, it's picking up enough steam. To be clear, I don't think the skill received any actual buffs. You, the caster that does close to no damage, will now do 50% more DPS. Your minions use a different spell and I'm mostly certain that was untouched.