Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Vaal lightning strike 23 quality 1.3ex for the first one and then 4.5ex and up. Guess I should have bought some earlier lol.

very glad I played LS last league

it really was a great build that played beautifully

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
very glad I played LS last league

it really was a great build that played beautifully
I had two issues with lightning strike that I could never figure out how to compensate:
Projectile occlusion
Melee bosses halving your dps

Were you able to fix those?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's no fix for the projectiles being shitty ground crawlers. Some maps are just gonna be annoying in that regard. More strikes helps a lot at least, especially if you can take the 30% further additional strike range, as it can then just kinda "jump" the terrain gaps/obstacles that otherwise block projectiles.

Which bosses are so in-your-face melee that you can't reliable space out the extra strike hit? Maybe a handful of map bosses, but those hardly matter as even a single hit will delete those pretty fast anyway.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Melee bosses was perhaps the wrong way to phrase that. Map bosses is what I initially intended and remembered, but endgame bosses that move around a lot I remember being annoying. I don't want to have to pay attention to being in the goldilock's zone for the extra strike.

I rolled up a Corrupting Fever Reap Champion yesterday and noped out of it after a half hour because I had forgotten how "fun" it was maintain a 8s buff that costs half your life to cast again if you can't refresh it.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I get really annoyed, perhaps unreasonably so, at things that take my focus off what the enemy is doing. Jockeying for Just Right positioning is one of those things. I'm not even sure I like playing 100% dps uptime builds anymore unless the dps is overwhelming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LS might be one of the best skills I've played next to BV and TS. Almost finished my character, just got a pair of forbidden jewels to give me 5 ascended points total in assassin. Did Cortex and Uber Atziri, just need to finish maven, Uber elder and the feared to finish character up

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Melee bosses was perhaps the wrong way to phrase that. Map bosses is what I initially intended and remembered, but endgame bosses that move around a lot I remember being annoying. I don't want to have to pay attention to being in the goldilock's zone for the extra strike.

I rolled up a Corrupting Fever Reap Champion yesterday and noped out of it after a half hour because I had forgotten how "fun" it was maintain a 8s buff that costs half your life to cast again if you can't refresh it.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I get really annoyed, perhaps unreasonably so, at things that take my focus off what the enemy is doing. Jockeying for Just Right positioning is one of those things. I'm not even sure I like playing 100% dps uptime builds anymore unless the dps is overwhelming.
Is reap worth playing without corrupting fever to go with it? I remember mathil had it on arcanist brands a few leagues ago IIRC...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is reap worth playing without corrupting fever to go with it? I remember mathil had it on arcanist brands a few leagues ago IIRC...
I would say no, but I'll also admit I didn't really try it out except on single target, where it was good. It would be pretty fun if you could support mines with spell cascade, Reap might be playable as a clear skill then.

Otherwise, I would say it's varying degrees of putting up with Reap's poor clearing capabilities for decent to excellent single target.

CoC is another that looks to utilize Reap well, but I can't stand the sluggishness of cyclone anymore.

I want 3.11 brands back :(

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I know it's been beat to death, but wish PoE had a combat log. Last night I ran lab and right before the last door ping went off the chart up and down. I waited to see if it would settle down. They've been working on the fiber here lately and doing it at night. It came down some and figured what the hell. Got in and he died before I could hit whirling blades to get over there and avoid the traps. Got 3 keys for killing quickly. Like a one shot kill lol. At least on my end the fight lasted 0.5 seconds.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
was about to try this build out too, dodged a bullet before buying the gloves.
You still kinda can. The parts where this build excelled, boss damage, still exists if you stick worb in sire of shards. Mathil did this a few leagues ago, think it's still basically the same. Even better, you won't have to deal with the shitty totem arming time.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, Zizaran has a vid out about a built with WORB using those gloves. Looks pretty good tbh.

My own adventures if anyone cares: been playing since Saturday league launch, but only have weekends to play more than like an hour or 2. So the usual slow going and I'm just now up to red maps and lvl 89. Red map mods are starting to show my need for some more defenses, but overall it's not too bad. I'm playing phantasmal lightning tendrils inquis using trinity, call of the brotherhood for some cold, shroud of the lightless, ele overload/noncrit and fanaticism. Fanaticism isn't nearly as bad as some have made it out, if you just alternate between attacking and channeling (with high cast speed) you keep up a pretty good uptime on fanaticism. You also have like 8-10(I forget exactly without looking) seconds to add another charge before the previous charges drop off assuming you don't get to 4 and thus gain fanaticism. You can also gain charges while you have fanaticism, to keep things going nicely. Downsides of the build (skill really) are shit AOE in general (minus AOE map mod SUCKS) and the clear isn't great even when I was using herald of ice. For the investment though it's pretty good damage like ~3M with everything active and the defense is decent though I still need to get aegis aurora to see if that makes a better difference with the ES on block. I've been using the new exarch shield as a cheap alternative up 'til now.

This fanaticism version is one I saw from last league, and there's a lot more people playing LT this league and the big boys are going low life + crit + inevitable judgement nodes. It's a lot more damage potential, but also a LOT more expensive. The ones I saw on POE ninja are all using the new gems + timeless jewels and clusters which I'm not even there with yet due to cost. If you have the cash though I suspect that is the direction to go for the best version.

Next build ideas? I was thinking bleed lacerate glad using Olesya's delight belt from maven and the gems to give you masterful form from Slayer and also those new gloves to generate frenzy charges. Maybe another skill like EQ to give big bleeds? Dunno, just a build idea I've been kicking around my head and POB since ultimatum :)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I would say no, but I'll also admit I didn't really try it out except on single target, where it was good. It would be pretty fun if you could support mines with spell cascade, Reap might be playable as a clear skill then.

Otherwise, I would say it's varying degrees of putting up with Reap's poor clearing capabilities for decent to excellent single target.

CoC is another that looks to utilize Reap well, but I can't stand the sluggishness of cyclone anymore.

I want 3.11 brands back :(

Someone sent me this Reap POB last night and it looks solid if you really wanna dick with Reap. Granted it's just another omniscience nonsense build, but awakened cascade is cheaper than it's ever been and I'm sure this thing clears multiple screens per cast using it:

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You might have stragglers with no pops. And that cast time, 0.5s, is kinda slow.

Hope that neck gets nerfed just from sheer popularity.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree with deathwing
Ya damage seems nice, that necklace is bonkers, but it seems kind of slow when it comes to cast and move speed.
Should atleast add shield charge

I'd think the neck givin 1 pen/res per 20 stats is more reasonable, probably still good.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty much. The resists could stay, but 1 pen per 20 attributes would probably be much more reasonable with people easily achieving 150+ pen right now. It's pretty funny if you look at the necks price. Started like 50c day 1, then down to 10c for a week or two until people figured it up and now it's climbing. And the best part? Still incredibly fucking common. Moreso common than ever really, but now that people know it's good it has value even though it's incredibly common. Classic PoE build-based market.

I'm just waiting for people to touch the other uniques besides the jewels/necks right now. The spiked gloves are a godsend for Slayers and the bow, especially in conjunction with the gloves, have so much potential. Now it's just time to wait for some one smarter than us to figure out how to really, really use them. I've got an Ele hit slayer with the bow and gloves and it's pretty decent, but he's only 89 and I probably need a 20ish point respec focusing on clusters to really amp him up. Again if you're any sort of melee I'd grab the Ceaseless Feast gloves for 1c for HUGE quality of life for almost any attack based character that doesn't generate endurance charges easily or at all.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Lucky day. Corrupted a Tabula to +1 skill gems 5 minutes later.
Tangentially, yesterday my 10 year old wanted to try out PoE with me for the first time and we had 2 Tabulas drop from Archnemesis mobs before finishing the Ledge.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tangentially, yesterday my 10 year old wanted to try out PoE with me for the first time and we had 2 Tabulas drop from Archnemesis mobs before finishing the Ledge.

Started shopping for a new claw. Had to get to 3 ex + before I found one that POB'd better than the one I had, the one I paid 30c for. Not sure if I got a fantastic deal or claws are going up that fast lately. Just gonna keep this for one a while.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Today was a good day; Warlord's Ex slam on a ring I've been using to get Vuln on hit.

1645700923138.png

• 1Wow!
  • 1Mother of God

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Making pretty good progress working my way through endgame for the first time. The new bosses are a joke and really need their difficulty buffed up considering how good their necks and jewels are. Elder and shaper are really easy, shaper with maven observing is kinda annoying though. I imagine uber elder is pretty easy regularly, I only did it once with maven observing and it was kinda chaotic but not too bad, 3 portals. Sirus I kinda hate the way that fight works, I think it took 4-5 portals learning it after watching a video on it. Maven is my favorite boss, first writ I failed, second one I aced no deaths. It's a really fair fight imo, unlike my impression of the Sirus fight. I got lucky and got an awakened multistrike which is like 20 something exalts. I've also done formed, twisted and elderslayers all rare, seem pretty easy other than that random drox one shot. Will work on forgotten and hidden next, not sure if my build is ready for feared or not, people say its the hardest so I don't really know what to expect.

Here's my build if anyone is interested (spectral helix deadeye), and any advice on if its able to do feared yet or not would be appreciated. (edit: the main skill is on the wrong spectral helix in the pob)

Last edited:
  • 2Like