Path of Exile

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've bought the 100$ worth supporter packs twice (pitfighter+assassin and delve+breach). Played for 3 years so its 5.55$/month. Value for money if you ask me.

I hobo'd my way to a HH by way of strongboxes, essence and harbis (it's a great method don't get me wrong), whats the best way to make better currency now with it? Just beyond+deli strand? Sprinkled with what? still harbies? Abyss? Legion?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've spent well over 2k on this game, including a 500 supporter core and some other dumb shit...

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Reading that I added my supporter pack up and the money I spent on tabs when I started. 5 years it comes to a grand total of $1. 67 per month.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've spent well over 2k on this game, including a 500 supporter core and some other dumb shit...

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

I'm probably close to 1000 as I spent 100 bucks every league, but stopped when tencent bought em out - that buyout saved me a lot of money

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've got $130 dollars, almost exclusively stash tabs (and the old 5 dollar CBT fee) over 10 years. I'd gladly pay a $1.10 a month sub to play this game with all the QoL I have. Honestly I think they should add about 3-5 of the paid tabs to the free game (Maps, Currency, Frags, Cards, and maybe Essence), but people may be butthurt they paid that 20 dollars over 5 years for all those.

They could look at a subscription model where you can buy X amount of time for X amount of stash slots guaranteed, but knowing GGG lately they'd probably overprice it. I think paying 15 dollars for a 3 month league for ALL the deluxe tabs and a quad/premium would be a pretty sweet deal for a lot of people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm more bothered by the road the pass leads to rather than the pass itself. It shows GGG is looking for more monetization in the game, supporter packs aren't cutting it anymore.

The constant need for new forms of currency so they can sell new stash tabs to a playerbase that bought all their tabs years ago was not well received.

The nickel and diming for "must haves" and "doesn't really affect the game" is about to go super Saiyan if the pass is well received and they start cranking revenue.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've got $130 dollars, almost exclusively stash tabs (and the old 5 dollar CBT fee) over 10 years. I'd gladly pay a $1.10 a month sub to play this game with all the QoL I have. Honestly I think they should add about 3-5 of the paid tabs to the free game (Maps, Currency, Frags, Cards, and maybe Essence), but people may be butthurt they paid that 20 dollars over 5 years for all those.

They could look at a subscription model where you can buy X amount of time for X amount of stash slots guaranteed, but knowing GGG lately they'd probably overprice it. I think paying 15 dollars for a 3 month league for ALL the deluxe tabs and a quad/premium would be a pretty sweet deal for a lot of people.

10 years on a quarterly updated game that you obviously love and you only gave then 100 bucks. How many hours you have? Pathetic

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
10 years on a quarterly updated game that you obviously love and you only gave then 100 bucks. How many hours you have? Pathetic

He's gotta save up for the professional microphone and second streaming computer.

Borzak

I fell into the hole of trying to figure out trinity. Build I'm using has it. I get some of it but I do almost the same DPS in lightning and cold and not sure if that is a benefit or not to it.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I fell into the hole of trying to figure out trinity. Build I'm using has it. I get some of it but I do almost the same DPS in lightning and cold and not sure if that is a benefit or not to it.
Trinity: builds stacks based on the difference of damage between two elements yada yada. Basically lightning has a wide range of damage, if you convert some of that to cold (call of the brotherhood) you get all 3 elements because the highest damage element is always changing back and forth. It is the single most powerful damage support if you can use it.

You dont need all 3 elements but at least 2. If its working youll see the 3 element buff icon for trinity fill up all 3 gauges for max effect.

I used it with arc and call of the brotherhood, absolutely massive damage boost but youll have to use an ability that will sometimes hit more cold than lightning and then higher lightning than cold for it to work, not sure if all lightning skills/spells have such huge variables in damage.

Borzak

Thanks. Have it and see the buff but so far it doesn't seem very consistent. Of course I'm only halfway through the story so far. Doing equal DPS lightning and cold and fire about half of that. Of course that's PoB numbers so who knows.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does Defiance banner's "enemies have 29% reduced critical strike chance stack up with evasion when it comes to monster crits against you?
I wish but i dont think it would be additive like your evade chance x% +(plus) Defiance banner y%.
Effectively if you had say an evade chance of 71%, with defiance banner at 29% reduced you would be crit immune in that case.
Or does it reduce the leftover chance to be crit by 29% so that with 71% evasion you have 29% chance to still be crit and then that 29% is reduced by 29% which would be 0.29*0.71=20.5% chance to be crit.
Some other way?

Last edited:

Borzak

Soon as I posted that trinity is staying lit all the time now. Made one small armor change.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Battle pass is probably 100% too much, $15 would probably be better, but I wouldn't buy it anyways as I don't care for skins. The outrage is hilarious though, people trying to justify "needing" MTX and making it seem like 117 objectives are "impossible". Classic PoE communtiy crybabies.

Still wish they expanded the Arch Nemesis inventory. Stacks of 5-10 for each would've be great, but I'm sure people would want to store more than that of stuff like Treant Horde. Can't ever win with the community, but I think they'll figure something out with Nem mod inventory.
I'm more bitter that you cant use ggg points to buy the pass. That pisses me off actually.

Borzak

Guess it's just me. Not this pack but a lot of mtx I look in the store and I can barely see it, can't imagine what it looks like with all the other shit going on.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I've bought all the stash tabs except the last 2 they released. I also have about 30 extra tabs, all of which I switched to premium.

I've bought a couple of support packs when I was looking for points to buy all those stash tabs.

I've bought the odd cosmetic with whatever points I had left over from a pack after buying tabs. I bought one set of wings that I then never used because I prefer the look of a cape. My most used cosmetic is for the totem, which I have used pretty much every single league.

I have probably spent in the realm of $600 - $700 all told I expect, and I have been playing at least off and on since 2013 and a bit even before that. I have 2,000 hours logged on Steam and I would take a guess at triple that on the original launcher.

So, yeah, money easily and well spent. I used to judge a game successful at 1 hour played/$1 spent but nowadays it is probably closer to 1 hour played/$2 spent. So even if I spent a grand I would still be in the 8 hour/dollar range.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
started league late and went for a goofy build for fun: poison shield crush pathfinder

It's a spam map zoom zoom build (shrines on atlas hence gull) but i'm looking for advice on getting my single target to a better spot. Thinking first step is to save for a 2500 shield. Any you autists have ideas?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright is there a way to make spectres shut the fuck up? Can I buy a MTX that turns them in to silent squirrels or something? I know I can just turn sound effects to nothing but I don't want to mute the whole thing. These chieftains just ook ook endlessly.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It blows my mind that these companies don't try any sorts of different approaches to monetization. Why not put out a list of actual features that they are running for and then give an option to pay between $0-$5 per league to support those goals or even just to support the league. They could even throw in one or two lootboxes if you pay the full five. I know that for the leagues I played I would have pitched in $5 bucks simply because I got a ton of play time out of them.

The problem is that they have pigeonholed themselves into these stupid fucking statements like trying to say that clicking loot off the ground is a difficulty thing, or their extreme stubbornness around trade. They could add lots of QOL features unlockable through a cash shop that are no more pay to win than QOL features like stash tabs, but will be preceived to be P2W based on Chris's previous comments on the matter.