Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
As I said, more availability that goes wide without blowing up the top end.

What does a left side 2H Attack build do for spell hits? Classic LL Pain Attunement spell caster? Non-Raider Bow CoC?
I agree Mace/Axe people on the left side are kind of fucked. They basically just stack armor and hope Molten Shell is up when they need it. A lot will still just get ~65% suppression with their ES/Armour bases and stuff, but for sure shield users/stave blockers have much better options.

They almost need to rework the Imbalanced Guard passive. Make it something like double armour with a 2hander on, no chance to block spells/attacks, or suppress spells, and allow armour to spells in some small degree. Really need a good 2hander node for defenses besides just relying on stacking Fort as high as possible.

Sunder Jugg with Tawhoa's could definitely be a thing. Probably clear like a fucking champ, and Ultimatum is coming back so could work out pretty well. I played a big time slammer during Ultimatum and it was pretty nice gameplay. Just attack once every 1.5 seconds and clear the entire circle of mobs.

Watching a lot of the streamers lose their shit about stuff without realizing why. The people complaining about Minion power charge nerfs (down to 50% increased crit instead of 200% per charge) for instance not realizing we're getting multiple sources of minion crit chance and more importantly crit MULTI which we've essentially NEVER had access too outside of Kingmaker. Some of the complaining about Unnatural Strength is definitely understandable, but only really spectres needed +levels as a requirement to hit a threshold. Zombies are a joke, skeletons just got better accuracy for the most part, and stuff like SRS it didn't really do much of anything. The problem was 100% of minion builds were taking that node which is why they obliterated it. Unholy might is cool, but almost no minions run physical damage and a lot of them stack flat elemental sources so Unholy won't do much of anything.

I suspect there's new gems coming out and they aren't revealed yet, which will hopefully be cool. The last round had a lot of new active skills had a lot of fun stuff. Honestly I'm really excited for Trickster as I used to play Cyclone/Flicker Trickster all the time and if they actually make it worth a shit that would be pretty rad.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Max res. Or the realistic answer is to just use small clusters to max out suppression until you can get stuff like watchers eyes or escapes.
From a balance and gearing perspective, I would say max res isn't the same as spell suppression or block. Initial invest is much higher. But, given this is really only needed for bossing, maybe that's still a valid answer.

Good suggestion on the small clusters, I'd forgotten about those.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hilariously, I played a skelly mage build as my first minion build EVER last league and really liked it. I was planning on using it as a league starter for the next league and BAM, GGG puts in minion changes.

If I didn't have shit luck, I would have no luck at all.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I suspect minions and skellies specifically are still gonna be very, very strong. Getting a global +2 roll on your hat and being able to tinker with other ascendancies besides besides necro actually makes minions a rather interesting space again.

They are also adding minion rolls to shields, so you'll be able to get another +1 there I imagine.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, lack of defenses for 2h is a real bummer these days. I like the Imbalanced Guard change idea, it's basically completely useless as is. Investing 6 points in getting guard skill cooldown down plus having high armor for molten shell is about the best you can hope for as things stand. Stacking fortitude higher than base hasn't really been worth it since they changed all of that around IMO.

As for Sunder, I played it back when warcries were a lot stronger, and it was pretty good there for clear and map bosses, but switching to Earthshatter for stronger bosses made things go a lot faster. Sunder was good if you wanted to stand at range though since it travels a bit more than 1 screen with decent +area. The main annoyance is that it's really directional, (though +area helps with this a lot) and that the initial slam "wave" isn't big enough to reliably kill enemies in a circle around you. Even adding shockwave support didn't do much to help this. Maybe some explode effect would help? I don't think I tried that at the time.

It was pretty fun as a hard hitting skill though, especially when ruthless and other stars would align on some tough enemies in a pack and they'd just blow up from all the shockwaves from the skill itself proccing on each other. I remember 1 shotting a few red-tier map bosses when they had a group with them due to this effect. Pretty, pretty fun!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I suspect minions and skellies specifically are still gonna be very, very strong. Getting a global +2 roll on your hat and being able to tinker with other ascendancies besides besides necro actually makes minions a rather interesting space again.

They are also adding minion rolls to shields, so you'll be able to get another +1 there I imagine.

I see this sentiment a lot but the last health nerf was pretty dramatic, afterwards the minion builds went from all dps to all health nodes on the tree and it wasn't really a choice. End game required the "minions can't be killed for x seconds" to do content or they would just get vaporized instantly. Now I'm thinking it'll be happening in yellow and red maps with such a hard hit to base life before you can get your hands on a jewel.

SRS is most likely going to be the minion of choice if you insist on using minions.

Everyone's hoping for a "gotcha" moment with the patch notes and im crossing my fingers it delivers something new to play that feels good.

I'm all for getting the minion boys to try other things, myself included but minions was nice because it really cut down on wrist stress, which is the main reason i won't play a miner again, as powerful as they were i just can't play that shit for long.

I really enjoy melee but they just haven't been in a good spot since probably legion.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mines aren't hard on the wrist if you lmb detonate. Chaining mines is overly complex and not really worth it.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
panic time at GGG. Time to randomly change some numeric values of epics and call them buffs. They are so incompetent, it's almost comical. They put out a wall of text announcing massive nefs not only to skills/builds but essentially to entire play styles and then sit back and be completely quiet for a few days. Only to emerge with below tweet saying, hey guys, it's actually ok, we have loads of buffs coming to offset the nerfs, we just didn't tell you about them when we announced the nerfs. Jesus fucking christ. This whole thing reeks of desperation. And they are starting to lose their biggest marketing avenue, streamers. Nugi has basically quit and switched over to lost ark. Ziz and Mathil are trashing the game like they never have before etc. Only thing that can save GGG is PoE2. And maybe even it's not even possible if the problems underlying PoE still remain. And they probably will

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow over 100 unique items, maybe some more aoe radius to cleave? 😂

I'm sure the rage is unjustified like every single league before but the manifesto really shouldn't have existed without some exciting good news, just a big pr fail for no reason just to piss people off.

Now the league reveal live stream will be awkward and full of cringe trying to hype it up while chat is losing their shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So the +2 minions on helmets now is global. That's pretty sick. Allows multi minion builds to benefit rather than just slotting x or y in your head slot, but later game the +2 double corrupt will definitely make it so you want some sick elder/essence modded +2 minion helm to corrupt.

Looking forward to the 100 unique changes. Nb4 that one weirdo who uses Geoffri's Baptism for the last 3 years and they change it to make it "good" and he writes a 900 word essay on Reddit about how GGG ruined the game for him.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sounds like a good time for me to play a PoE season again, and drop some red hot takes

• 1Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The subreddit has become entirely unhinged at this point. It's like some collapsing star of the densest circle jerk you could ever imagine.

Literally the worst game ever made and Chris is actively sabotaging it just to make fans miserable.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
The subreddit has become entirely unhinged at this point. It's like some collapsing star of the densest circle jerk you could ever imagine.

Literally the worst game ever made and Chris is actively sabotaging it just to make fans miserable.
Lol, pretty silly but I believe it. Did these guys not see the 3.15 nerfs?? Even without that basis of comparison the nerfs happening (at least so far) are pretty low key. Caveat: I don't play or know shit about minions really. Even then, it looks like a lot of the nerfs are going to be offset by gear/skill changes? No reason to get bent out of shape just yet.

Hell, even if minions are getting nerfed, that means they'll be off meta... perfect time to check it out!

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

I can't believe they've ruined the game and made it unplayable! And for the 14th time in a row, no less!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
None of the nerfs really bothers me. There's been so much power creep since the big nerf patch it's kind of expected.

The criticism that it's a downer of a read is deserved though. They really have to work on their communication skills and the "buffs" to underused skills look like a joke.

• 1Solidarity

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Depends, some guys really stick to their one and only build. E.g. if I would only play skelly mages the 2 gem level and on top of that flat -25% dps nerf would really vex me, too.

So I understand the frustration out of passion.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People that only play 1 build in this game are lame anyway especially the minion dummies. (I was a minion dummy last league)

Best case scenario with these unques buffs is they make new chase items and balance Ala ashes etc. Like if disfavor was a 1% drop but was a roll of 800-1000 pDPS would be sick.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think a lot of the uniques are getting another raw power pass. Right now, besides Voidforge and Terminus Est, there's about 0 2handers that aren't beat by a good rare 2hander. I'm thinking they're juicing the pDPS and eDPS of a lot of the uniques, especially two handers. Shit like Kitava's Feast used to be AMAZING, but now 500 pDPS axe just won't cut it.

Some of this stuff could be nerf, buff, or nothing until we see the ACTUAL patch notes. A lot of the minion stuff now hinges on the new minion rolls on ghastly/rings/boneshields AND very heavily on the new minion crit wheel. If they do it right, we're at least back to normal, possibly a slight buff at higher end. If they do it wrong it could be slight nerf (my guess) or a total shit show.

They probably need to release ALL the data t once, manifesto, patch notes, and JSON in the same day to prevent the mass hysteria that seems to go on before every league.

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I just want to watch my flame golems explode stuff. One day I will get my buff and I can autist away.