Path of Exile

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unspec prolif, see if it still works. I wonder if the malachai's loop and ralakesh's impatience aren't constantly interacting.

As for melee range, maybe OoS would alleviate that?
It doesn't work whitout the prolif

I can and do use stormbrand (over oos), but on pinnacle uber bosses it's hard to scale that hit to 65% shock unless you're an elementalist. But that is sidestepped by scaling the self shock instead.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't work whitout the prolif

I can and do use stormbrand (over oos), but on pinnacle uber bosses it's hard to scale that hit to 65% shock unless you're an elementalist. But that is sidestepped by scaling the self shock instead.
Oh, I meant repeatedly. Consume the shock(tickle them with a unlinked level 1 LC), see if it comes back with and without prolif. And definitely without moving. If generic prolif can reapply shock, a whole bunch of prepatch testing was incorrect.

I plan on testing too, seems interesting. This is the fun part of the game.

I agree getting max shock from a hit is a problem on uber pinnacle bosses. It's why I disregarded corpsewalker + oos.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I tried that template with Lightning Conduit. Corpsewalker was a success, I would highly suggest it over Storm Brand or Orb of Storms for clearing. The downside was that the only way to get Lightning Conduit over 100 mana was Archmage support. Which meant I had to leave a whole bunch of mana unreserved. Which meant it was squishy.
If you can find one, you can find a botch -mana cost Kalandra ring that adds +mana cost to skills that might be decent to help hit the 100 mana threshold. I have a +15 mana myself because I crafted -7 mana cost on a really nice ring and it got blown up to shit.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, I meant repeatedly. Consume the shock(tickle them with a unlinked level 1 LC), see if it comes back with and without prolif. And definitely without moving. If generic prolif can reapply shock, a whole bunch of prepatch testing was incorrect.

I plan on testing too, seems interesting. This is the fun part of the game.

I agree getting max shock from a hit is a problem on uber pinnacle bosses. It's why I disregarded corpsewalker + oos.

Ah i see.
So i tested it by walking into shock range and removing my prolif gloves.

It's interesting...I can still spam LC.
I guess it snapshots the fact the self shock has prolif when it gets applied and doesnt continually check.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Bex posted about what they are working on. Looking at claims players need to switch into MF gear.

We are planning to limit the number of Archnemesis mods that can spawn on certain rare monsters. For example, those that spawn additional monsters in boss fights and those that can't drop items.

This is good and def needs to be done.

It's such a blatant oversight when you can have shit like a rare with it's minions where the rare grants a speed aura , and the normal mobs have inherant speed buffed, next to a speed aura totem, in a ritual that gives mobs speed, with archnemesis hasted and frenzied.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you can find one, you can find a botch -mana cost Kalandra ring that adds +mana cost to skills that might be decent to help hit the 100 mana threshold. I have a +15 mana myself because I crafted -7 mana cost on a really nice ring and it got blown up to shit.
Yeah, I'm keeping that in mind. I haven't explicitly looked yet, but I assumed that would be expensive on a ring with non-shit affixes.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

This is my favorite league ever if for no other reason than I get several hours of entertainment every day at work from reading the latest reddit drama.

The level of unhinged malding taking place there is actually astounding to me

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is my favorite league ever if for no other reason than I get several hours of entertainment every day at work from reading the latest reddit drama.

The level of unhinged malding taking place there is actually astounding to me
You read about that guy who said this league was awful and his fun was ruined because he was dying in maps too much UNTIL

he found an orb of binding and made a 4 link. He was in maps, without a 4 link. This is who posts on Reddit now about sweeping PoE changes. Fuck them all. I haven't been on it for days and I only know because my guildmates read the sob stories aloud over Discord of these pathetic fucks. Path of Exile Builds Reddit, however, has some good stuff. People trying out new shit and interactions.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's situations like this where PoE needs a competitor. The D3 weekend honeymoon is over. Reading the subreddit is like a bad relationship that both parties refuse to quit.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
what they need to do is to remove harvest completely, like they did with synthesis. It's too far gone now, and only solution is to come up with another crafting method, or better yet, bake harvest into the Lake. Make lifeforce just drop in the lake from the regular mobs and when mommy pops up, you can do all the lake stuff you can do now, plus harvest things at the same time. That alone would give an incentive to do the lake.
AN fags who can't drop loot should have 0 mods. They are pure shit and nothing more than time wasters.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm honestly surprised POE reddit mods aren't telling people to calm down, they have done so before.

POE mods confirmed petfags.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
As predicted today is some excellent fucking Reddit tears.

Just delete Harvest already, what a fucking shitshow that entire thing is. Gave the rabble a taste of the PoE ultra endgame without putting in any of the grind/money/work to get there and now they refuse to give it up.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You read about that guy who said this league was awful and his fun was ruined because he was dying in maps too much UNTIL

he found an orb of binding and made a 4 link. He was in maps, without a 4 link. This is who posts on Reddit now about sweeping PoE changes. Fuck them all. I haven't been on it for days and I only know because my guildmates read the sob stories aloud over Discord of these pathetic fucks. Path of Exile Builds Reddit, however, has some good stuff. People trying out new shit and interactions.

Holy fucking hell I just stumbled in to this post. This is the kind of insane levels of delusional circlejerk that is going on over there - this is one of the most upvoted posts in days, and it's fucking hilarious drivel posted by someone that has no idea what they are doing. I'm honestly shocked GGG even bothers posting or responding there anymore when this is the kind of asinine garbage people are all horking about constantly:

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there something with the current generation that thinks abusing bold that much is ok? I'm reading resumes for an open position and that shit is everywhere.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Funniest is they try to manipulate the steam review of PoE. Like how many players of PoE ever read a steam review about it?

• 2Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Only problems i have is mf/iq culling is fucking retarded and they tried to be shiesty pussies about the drop changes. Other than that game is fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
what they need to do is to remove harvest completely, like they did with synthesis. It's too far gone now, and only solution is to come up with another crafting method, or better yet, bake harvest into the Lake. Make lifeforce just drop in the lake from the regular mobs and when mommy pops up, you can do all the lake stuff you can do now, plus harvest things at the same time. That alone would give an incentive to do the lake.
AN fags who can't drop loot should have 0 mods. They are pure shit and nothing more than time wasters.

This.

And honestly re: the reddit malding. It's pretty true, but there's also some legit complaints. This league has truly been absolutely dog shit and many people don't like the direction the game is going, which could not possibly be timed worse with D4 on the horizon. While I don't think D4 is going to offer anything like PoE does in terms of complexity and build diversity, I think that it's going to eat into a lot of PoE's playerbase because its going to be mentally braindead. Blizzard would be smart to make an "easier" PoE, so to speak.

By making so much shit so hard -- still, btw -- all they are doing is making players skip a lot of content and only do the most rewarding and most safe content. GGG had a previous vision of letting players choose which league content to do -- do what you want kind of thing. But we cannot do that anymore, because the balance is so out of whack. Ritual for example is one of my most favorites and despite it still on my maps, it's without question one of the most difficult things to do with archnemesis and is no more rewarding than it was last 2-3 leagues. Alva temple is dogshit in general. This is why so many people are running heists and doing legion this league. The return from a single legion with atlas nodes filled out is about on par with half of what a lake can get you and the difficulty is far less than something like ritual. Do a map with 2-3 legions in it, that single map will far exceed what a lake is gonna get you, even with tyranny on difficulty 16. The lake isn't worth it for sure. Heists is still going to shower you in currency and stuff and is one of the safest things to "grind and chill".

Archnemesis causes the same skipping of content, especially in its current state. See an essence with bad AN mods? Skip it. Get jumped by heralding minions, toxic balls, and mirages in a ritual? Alt+f4, or just skip ritual. The game has been made much, much harder to where just grinding and chill is no longer a thing, and yet has gotten much less rewarding overall, locking the jackpots behind lucky archnemesis combinations. Mathematically it most likely works out, but for those that imply the mapping rewards and experience we had earlier in the league is the same as its always been is straight up delusional and almost no one agrees with you.

Reddit is right about these points. The problem is that there's a bunch of newbs that bitch about the league just to get on board with the general talking points when they clearly dont know what they are actually bitching about. It's amazing how "conformist" people can get. But there's a lot wrong with PoE right now, and a majority of the community sees that.

League retention yesterday is down to just 38.9%. It's dogshit, and the league is dead at this point. There's nothing GGG can do to save it.

• 2Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
As someone who doesn't understand the finer points of a lot of those good arguments, the thing that I can say bothering me the most is that alch/vaal'd red map bosses are easier to kill than half the regular white mob trash in the lake (and other places), outside of the first entry tile or two.

I fully expect to have to play perfect the farther on in lake, but getting cleaved in two by garbage is not fun at all. I'd rather just zoom around maps detonating everything with little difficulty