Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think Empowering Minions doesn't actually grant you more stuff from the additional mods, maybe? The mod itself is the one that generates the other mods(when you kill the minions, the archnemesis gets an additional mod) so I think it just counts as its own stuff+whatever other mod was on there before you killed minions. It makes them super annoying to kill but unrewarding as fuck as a result. Which is most of archnemesis, but this one especially.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well, although PoE seems to be slowly going to shit, I have to say I am really enjoying this Inquisitor RF build alt I made. The playstyle is exactly for me - not too many buttons, run around and shit dies.

I can see its limitations (like all builds lol) without further investment, but as I approach the end of yellow maps, it has been fun and mostly relaxing to play.

So, in the middle of all the chaos and shit, I have been actually having fun. Very weird.

Edit - Sorry, kind of empty and useless post but the servers just went down so I thought I would kill some time.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Honestly I truly believe archnemesis is going to lead to the end of poe without major changes. Poe won't go away but it's going to lose a ton of players. All night I was playing and shit like rituals spawning magma barrier, toxic balls everywhere, lightning mirage, and perma silence shit. It was just non stop tonight, map after map. Currency and drops feel allright now bit as I was playing I was like fuck, I just wanna play some poe with sound off and watch Netflix. But you can't. You have to listen for the toxic audio queues. The mirages. And the entire time I'm on edge because I have to dodge shit etc. Quite frankly for the lack of a better word I just got exhausted. Mentally tired of non stop archnemesis shit 90 percent of which is post death shit. It really made me miss the days of chill out grinding. But ita gone too. Now you can't grind and chill. You're gonna be on edge constantly, no matter your build, because there's always gonna be one thing that's gonna fuck your build in particular. In summary, it's just not fun anymore.
The post death shit has always been irritating as fuck, totally agree. I had to look up the one that constantly fucks me, and it's not even AN? Heralds of Obelisks, those lightning triangles that pop up right in your asshole as you kill things. That combined with VD, magma barrier, the chaos balls that try to dump on your heads, the guys that spawn circles of death all the time, the dudes that spawn those lightning men that chase you, the dudes that spawn those ice balls that slowly chase you and do DOT, and probably several others that escape me. Why can't they put the danger on the monsters while they're alive, rather than after they're dead?

There should be a "ghost" ability or something: Turns you into a ghost so enemy on death effects don't work because they think you're already dead.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Honestly I truly believe archnemesis is going to lead to the end of poe without major changes. Poe won't go away but it's going to lose a ton of players. All night I was playing and shit like rituals spawning magma barrier, toxic balls everywhere, lightning mirage, and perma silence shit. It was just non stop tonight, map after map. Currency and drops feel allright now bit as I was playing I was like fuck, I just wanna play some poe with sound off and watch Netflix. But you can't. You have to listen for the toxic audio queues. The mirages. And the entire time I'm on edge because I have to dodge shit etc. Quite frankly for the lack of a better word I just got exhausted. Mentally tired of non stop archnemesis shit 90 percent of which is post death shit. It really made me miss the days of chill out grinding. But ita gone too. Now you can't grind and chill. You're gonna be on edge constantly, no matter your build, because there's always gonna be one thing that's gonna fuck your build in particular. In summary, it's just not fun anymore.

The reason I hate the Archnemesis mods is collectively they're the Fun Police.

Typically I start a league by having some vague idea of what I want to do and just pushing forward until I hit a wall. Because I'm not exactly sure what I want to do I put off making any consequential decisions as long as possible instead focusing on running maps to fill out the atlas. In the Archnemesis league I was doing minion things. Somewhere in yellow maps the bosses started to take forever and the league mechanic was constantly murdering me so I had to decide if I was Absolution, Primal Crushclaw Spectres, or Skele Mages. At the moment I was doing all three and doing all three terribly. Fine, Path of Exile. I'm Skele Mages. Buy some things, craft some things, move a bunch of shit around and away we go. Almost every League I've ever played goes about the same way. With the Kalandra league I hit a wall at T1 white maps. It wasn't a wall in the sense that I couldn't get through the map but I was dying constantly. As someone who pilots trash cans I'm not unaccustomed to getting murdered but even with a dumpster on wheels I can gimp through the map, do the boss mechanics and get my atlas point.

What I'm dying to is the Fun Police. The game is generating a handful of rares each map that come down to a couple of mods bolted on to monsters whose AI is "run directly at you wicked fast and auto attack." Maybe it has a gap closer and maybe it slows you. That's trash can kryptonite. There are no mechanics to interact with. There is nothing to opt in or out of. Path of Exile now throws guys at my face that run at incredible speeds and then we get to see together if I am going to pass this dps check or not. They are 1000% more dangerous than the map boss while having nothing to play around and no pattern to memorize. It's like every single map has a couple super juiced Betrayal assassination squads in it. I can't roll a map in such a way that I don't have to deal with them. This isn't some league mechanic I can just ignore until I'm ready to tackle it. Scourge was rough on a shitter such as myself but you know what? I didn't have to push that fucking button. I could just check back in later when my character wasn't totally ass.

If you assemble a metamorph that you 100% cannot deal with, brick an Expedition, try a map with mods you cannot handle, keep pushing the Scourge button at huge corruption or mash a bunch of crazy Archnemesis organs on to a petrified ass beater you were the one making that happen. You had agency every step of the way. You have no fucking say with the existing system. Anything you do anywhere might have this crazy nonsense appear. The game now puts a ton of pressure on the player to get their shit together immediately and it does so in a manner that I personally detest.

To AladainAF AladainAF point - the game has lost its chill.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Also, fuck the new Beyond mobs.

First time I encountered them was at the end of a Lake so I thought it was the increased difficulty of the island. Nope, just did a T9 map where I died twice to them.

In typical GGG fashion, these mobs are overtuned to the gills, and easily triply dangerous in comparison to map mobs.

Just, why?

Edit - And to your points about the Fun Police, I just got annihilated by a 4 affix Delve rare (edit 2 - and only level 72) WHILE TRYING TO SEE WHAT THE AFFIXES WERE. Ell O Ell. Between Purity blasting me and the molten shit I was screwed.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea new Beyond is absolutely fucked. It's like the scourge mobs have 100 levels of scourge modifier permanently on them or some shit. White mobs tankier than normal rares and shit, and fucking lol the bosses it spawns.

Then when you do finally kill it all you get one tainted armorers scrap.

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Yea new Beyond is absolutely fucked. It's like the scourge mobs have 100 levels of scourge modifier permanently on them or some shit. White mobs tankier than normal rares and shit, and fucking lol the bosses it spawns.

Then when you do finally kill it all you get one tainted armorers scrap.
Ya I ran into one of those bosses in like a T9 or 10 map, took me like 60 seconds to kill it when everything else in the map was dying in like 3 secs tops and it came close to 1 shotting me a couple times. The tainted sharpening stone did give me 22% quality on my weapon from 0% though, which was nice.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Somewhat of a tangent, I think the Trickster rework was a success. I tried out Pyroclast Mines with the class. Pyroclast was a mistake, but originally was supposed to be Toxic Rain(doesn't auto target anymore!) and I was being stubborn. Hit-based mines can't take advantage of the recovery part of Polymath plus the aura node on saboteur is nuts for Pyroclast. I also suspect that while Tremor Rod and Pyroclast are well suited for each other, they need a bit of detonation speed, which I didn't have.

So, I did the frenzy node, the action speed node, and the spell suppression nodes. As someone well accustomed to PoE's "wtf just killed me?", you're also well accustomed to the unable to look away trainwreck that leads to such an event. Lots of times I'd be in situations feeling like I'm about to die and just tank my way through it.

I'm trying the sameish build again but with Saboteur. Lake(and Beyond!) really punishes low dps. A lot of situations where tank saved me wouldn't have even happened if shit just died quicker.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Edit - And to your points about the Fun Police, I just got annihilated by a 4 affix Delve rare (edit 2 - and only level 72) WHILE TRYING TO SEE WHAT THE AFFIXES WERE. Ell O Ell. Between Purity blasting me and the molten shit I was screwed.

That shit drives me crazy. There's something hideous but I can't mouse over it long enough to read what the fuck it is. What do you want from me exactly GGG. I had one dude murder me and immediately Natuto run right off screen so I couldn't even read its shit when dead.

If you mouse over a thing it's name plate should still be visible for a couple of seconds after you mouse away (like when you're trying desperately to get some goddamn distance from Señor Skullfuck) so you get a chance to read. It could even be disabled in the options or maybe have a little slider for how long it stays up.

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Somewhat of a tangent, I think the Trickster rework was a success. I tried out Pyroclast Mines with the class. Pyroclast was a mistake, but originally was supposed to be Toxic Rain(doesn't auto target anymore!) and I was being stubborn. Hit-based mines can't take advantage of the recovery part of Polymath plus the aura node on saboteur is nuts for Pyroclast. I also suspect that while Tremor Rod and Pyroclast are well suited for each other, they need a bit of detonation speed, which I didn't have.

So, I did the frenzy node, the action speed node, and the spell suppression nodes. As someone well accustomed to PoE's "wtf just killed me?", you're also well accustomed to the unable to look away trainwreck that leads to such an event. Lots of times I'd be in situations feeling like I'm about to die and just tank my way through it.

I'm trying the sameish build again but with Saboteur. Lake(and Beyond!) really punishes low dps. A lot of situations where tank saved me wouldn't have even happened if shit just died quicker.

The fact there's no what killed u log is them sweeping bullshit under the rug

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Trickster is insanely defensive and I have no doubt if attack based builds were more popular it would be the most meta class.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There is on the china client.

I've been told it's garbo and just gives you just the last tick of the thing that killed you. Get hit for 99.999% of your health and die to burning ground and you get some burning ground damage as your cause of death.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I mean this is clearly an impossible ask from a technical standpoint so I better stop annoying them about it

• 1Worf