Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
You know, I used to get annoyed when an Einhar beast was in the boss area or the algorithms combined bullshit events.

But I just spawned into a map where 5 yellow Einhar beasts were right at the entrance, all in a big blob. What the actual......?

O_T

Trakanon Raider
From some rare mob with soul eater
Screenshot 2022-09-04 143301.png

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone had weird instance crashes lately? I had one yesterday on wave 16/30 in a Simulacrum where I died, but then couldn't get back in. Each time I would end up at the login screen with "an unexpected disconnection occurred". Today running a 100% delirious Crimson Township with all kinds of other juice, same thing. It of course has only happened when I'm running something expensive (I probably had a few divine worth of mods on that township, lol).

Starting a new map and everything is back to normal, but there is no way to enter any of the remaining portals. I do have a bug report on the POE forums, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, to the earlier dubbed "Fun Police": I was doing fine, thinking about leveling to 92, running some T13 maps trying to get my last T12 to drop (stupid Cemetery) when I died 4 times in quick succession - twice to Heralding minions (once after the mob was dead, fuck you), once to Toxic balls, and then once to Magma Barrier.

Right down to 91 and 0% exp. Time to take a break.

Edit - They WERE Einhar beasts so they stuck around a little longer. The Magma barrier was interesting in that if the mob is behind walls, the magma balls will still path to you. The only real issue in that map was hinder on hit, so clearly I need to spec into the No Hinder part of the pantheon.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Is this actually worth anything? It's on a friggen two hand sword. edit: looking at poe ninja it's a big fat no

Item Class: Two Hand Swords
Rarity: Rare
Dire Bane
Footman Sword
--------
Two Handed Sword
Physical Damage: 39-65
Chaos Damage: 117-236 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.83 (augmented)
Weapon Range: 13
--------
Requirements:
Level: 66
Str: 57
Dex: 83
--------
Sockets: G R
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
60% increased Global Accuracy Rating (implicit)
--------
98% increased Chaos Damage
Adds 117 to 236 Chaos Damage
26% increased Attack Speed
Gain 2 Life per Enemy Hit by Attacks
Chaos Skills have 30% increased Skill Effect Duration
28% increased Damage over Time (crafted)

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't know of a build that would work for.

Thregin Thregin I was testing Ralakesh's Impatience to try to understand your original video. I think the testing done prepatch is accurate except that people weren't considering that Lightning Conduit would not consume the shock off a non-enemy(yourself). So I think what you're seeing is that prolif continues to put the shock back onto the target because it can't remove the shock from you. Essentially, you have ~2s to kill the target or you have to move again.

Still, gotta hug the boss. Don't know if there's a way around that.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't know of a build that would work for.

Thregin Thregin I was testing Ralakesh's Impatience to try to understand your original video. I think the testing done prepatch is accurate except that people weren't considering that Lightning Conduit would not consume the shock off a non-enemy(yourself). So I think what you're seeing is that prolif continues to put the shock back onto the target because it can't remove the shock from you. Essentially, you have ~2s to kill the target or you have to move again.

Still, gotta hug the boss. Don't know if there's a way around that.
You can get duration so it's more like 4 seconds.

Id say the build is functional but not what id put currency into again (LC was a good starter though).
Numbers wise i can get my pob pretty high (70+million shaper with grace+determ+suppress+ghost dance) but the hugging is a fatal weakness on the hardest content.
I thought maybe i could just out dps that problem, but at this point i don't think i will push this variant any more and uber uber bosses still aren't safe.
A Doryani version probably the way to go for a boss killer, but then i'd miss out on inpulsa for clearing ofcourse.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just got the 5% max life spectrum (12 divines) from level 33 normal lab. I can't imagine being desperate enough to blast normal labs for cash, but I guess its an option now.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya it'd be completely different LC build for sure.
Can find loads of examples on poe ninja that use doryani's with LC, so i won't really do it myself cause it seems solved already, but it uses the kalandra mirrored -lightning res rings and stuff and i don't think anyone power charge stacks.

on another topic:
How much proj speed is comfortable/needed for a spark build?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
You know, I totally get where GGG was trying to go with these Archnemesis changes, but, as per usual, they really don't understand what drives and maintains their player base.

The loot curve was like the exp curve, it seemed to fit the grind and complemented all levels of gameplay.

Now you find 3 or 4 unique rings in a couple of hours, and then you get 5 (+15 more rares) off a single, challenging rare.

I feel a little tingle of excitement when I meet a 4 affix rare with a decent mix, and THAT is what GGG is chasing, but the game is still less than it was.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I feel a little tingle of excitement when I meet a 4 affix rare with a decent mix, and THAT is what GGG is chasing, but the game is still less than it was.

The big nasties are fine. The hoard of dudes with 2-3 annoying affixes breaking up gameplay is where it gets ugly. The tax you pay this league for being a shitter is spending more time interacting with Archnemesis affixes or otherwise being at the mercy of the combinations that specifically fuck up your shit. It's a brutal tax to have to pay.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
After playing a lot, things are def tuned better now, though I still dislike league content in lake and find it not worth.

With that said, I suspect this whole winning the lottery to get mega wins off AN mods will go away after this league. That's a dumbshit idea, but at this point playing the amount I have I think loot and difficulty is in a much nicer place now. There's a LOT less toxic balls, the lightning mirages are not ridiculously dumb (with storm brand in the past it was purely retarded), and healding minions now seem to poof completely upon mob death, even ones that have yet to explode.

Still a terrible league compared to others, and it can't be saved at this point. But they did put a lot of things in a much better place.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Is metamorph overtuned? I find them almost impossible to kill, they take me over a minute to burn down. Found a few with regeneration and I couldn't even move their HP bar.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is metamorph overtuned? I find them almost impossible to kill, they take me over a minute to burn down. Found a few with regeneration and I couldn't even move their HP bar.

Metamorph has been shockingly not worth forever. At least in a Lake they drop items.

Juvarisx

Florida

This is about how much interaction you should do with anything that says Metamorph in PoE

1662474725501.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you can kill metamorphs semi-instantly they can be good loot, atleast with gilded scarabs.
But they're so overtuned with NA mods atm that the gear you need to reliably kill every NA combo is ridiculous.

imo, ive specced it for a while

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did meta last league to try it out. It was kind of fun, but d/hr it wasn't too great. Was doing the whole thing with double metas, gilded scarabs etc.

This league somebody on these boards I think pointed out it might be worth it because you could "choose" your AN mod, but I don't think anything really came of it?

Also, I love how I got baited by the Captainlance RF build, skipped the sacrament build and now relic of the pact is at 10d and rising.

Oh well RF got me into T16s but the TriPolar Bf/bb occ is really great. Although it takes more work to play in bosses then a ton of other stuff, it can still do Ubers and invitations, however where it really shines is super dense meaty maps. I've been running my own harvest strat where I spec into Shrines/Top half to get influenced maps. The last 11 points will fill out searing exarch area. I run with the Gull and its crazy how much extra stats I get from that thing alone, fully buffed (which is often) I'm sitting at 79% all res, 5.5k life 2.5k ES 85% evade 80% phys and that's before I invest into "taken as %element%" on my gear. I have no idea how to calculate bf/bb DPS but I'm probably sitting around 1.5-2.5M shaper with the aforementioned defensive layer at only 10-15ish divines give or take as I crafted some decent shit and found some OK stuff. I expect another 20 takes me to 10m and I'll give ubers a try.

The great thing is this things plays like psuedo RF. I just hit 1 pack with bf/bb combo and it fills up plague bearer and I'm off to the races with profane bloom doing all the heavy lifting.

1662497642040.png