Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't think so. Recovery | PoE Wiki

I'm not a huge fan on the Maven fight, I think the memory game is antithetical to PoE's design. But even I haven't been motivated to find away around those beams, especially since you can still just out gear the encounter.

Arbitrary is correct too. Like just about every encounter in this game, practice helps a lot. Maybe GGG will figure out some way to let players practice encounters without an opportunity cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Arbitrary is correct too. Like just about every encounter in this game, practice helps a lot. Maybe GGG will figure out some way to let players practice encounters without an opportunity cost.

In a completely unrelated topic I cannot see the Sanctum boss's Dance Dance Revolution red lightning for shit and I'm pretty salty about it. It's giving me Sirus flashbacks where I need to run an assfuck of maps to get another attempt. Maven though? Zero deaths every time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
In a completely unrelated topic I cannot see the Sanctum boss's Dance Dance Revolution red lightning for shit and I'm pretty salty about it. It's giving me Sirus flashbacks where I need to run an assfuck of maps to get another attempt. Maven though? Zero deaths every time.
I think your graphical settings affects how they display. My first attempt looked nothing like what I had seen on youtube highlights. It must be majority(all?) chaos damage as I ate quite a few of them as CI and still managed to beat the encounter.

It does need some adjusting. The only silver lining is that you absolutely can overgear it.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't know what type of damage it does really, but it just doesn't do all that much of it. I could just kind of randomly stroll around avoiding some of it here and there on doryanis and it never even really budged my health bar.

She has so little HP though that the lightning almost never matters. Any reasonable build that picks up the 50% damage relic will delete her in 1.5 seconds.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think there is a chaos component to it and it seems to do more damage to you the farther away from her you are. I haven't really been able to figure it out, there are times where I ate a bunch of it and was fine and other times where I got hit like twice and died. I think this has to do with afflictions. She will get monsters deal more damage and action speed modifiers so if you get those during a run and you have big rewards.... and can't 1 phase her in the beyond reliably... just don't go up there.

I'm geared up now though so 1 phasing her in the beyond even without any boons is a non issue.

That phase just sucks for reasons mentioned above. The visual clarity is terrible.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So as a new player, still learning a bunch of stuff I'd like some help with this PoB of my 97 Cold Dot Ascendent. Firstly, some general info on if my PoB settings are correct or if I'm screwing something up in the config section (I don't have enemy is low life checked because I wanted a truer sense of the damage output without punishment being effective).

There are a few things I need to fix, like I need either reduced charges used or increased charge recovery on the belt so my Coruscating Eliixir is truly 100% uptime. Right now when I'm not fighting there is about a .2 second window where it's not active, which does get me killed from time to time (though very rarely).

Mainly I'm not sure if my influence choices are optimal and I'd like to re-craft the rings to have more ES but Crusader mods have not been kind to me.

I'd also like recommendations on what I might switch the uniques out for on a medium (40 divine) budget and tree nodes I might be missing. Currently I'm only really trying to get a new Eye of Malice with 90% cost efficiency corrupt so I can get rid of Enlightened and swap Frostblink out of my gloves in favor of another support gem for Cold Snap.

The build feels quite tanky and good to play with the current setup and I don't really ever die outside of the bad timing on corruscating every so often, which is fixable. I'm also considering Lethe Shade but I'm unclear on if that helps with ground degens, which are usually the biggest source of damage I take while mapping.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think your graphical settings affects how they display. My first attempt looked nothing like what I had seen on youtube highlights. It must be majority(all?) chaos damage as I ate quite a few of them as CI and still managed to beat the encounter.

It does need some adjusting. The only silver lining is that you absolutely can overgear it.

So I went and adjusted twenty divines in to my character and it's all fixed.

• 1Worf

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, two thumbs down for the red slo-mo sparks.

SanctumDeath.JPG

This run had a relic that guaranteed jewel drop with an extra mod, but Lycia does 100% more damage and takes 70% less. I debated even doing it since the previous times I fought her, I had eaten multiple sparks during that phase. But, they did like ~30% of my life (I do have positive chaos resist). You can see how close I got to one-phasing her as well, but didn't quite make it, and then I got tapped by 1 singular spark during that phase and down I went. Very annoying that my DPS had improved so much that I almost got her down despite the 70% reduction, but also that her doing double damage made her spark go from 30% to 100%.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
RF Jugg checking in. Sanctum is impossible for me but I can tank every Sirus attack except the meteor maze.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So as a new player, still learning a bunch of stuff I'd like some help with this PoB of my 97 Cold Dot Ascendent. Firstly, some general info on if my PoB settings are correct or if I'm screwing something up in the config section (I don't have enemy is low life checked because I wanted a truer sense of the damage output without punishment being effective).

There are a few things I need to fix, like I need either reduced charges used or increased charge recovery on the belt so my Coruscating Eliixir is truly 100% uptime. Right now when I'm not fighting there is about a .2 second window where it's not active, which does get me killed from time to time (though very rarely).

Mainly I'm not sure if my influence choices are optimal and I'd like to re-craft the rings to have more ES but Crusader mods have not been kind to me.

I'd also like recommendations on what I might switch the uniques out for on a medium (40 divine) budget and tree nodes I might be missing. Currently I'm only really trying to get a new Eye of Malice with 90% cost efficiency corrupt so I can get rid of Enlightened and swap Frostblink out of my gloves in favor of another support gem for Cold Snap.

The build feels quite tanky and good to play with the current setup and I don't really ever die outside of the bad timing on corruscating every so often, which is fixable. I'm also considering Lethe Shade but I'm unclear on if that helps with ground degens, which are usually the biggest source of damage I take while mapping.

Lethe shade does help with ground degens yea.

You could replace eye of malice with almost anything else if you roll exposure on hit on your gloves instead of that measly %damage per 100 int - there has to be something better to roll on a rare hat there if all eye is giving you is exposure and a decent ES roll? Potentially even some big dumb shaper hat with extra links etc.

If you wanna bail on enlighten you could reroll either your boot or belt with essence of torments for 55+ chance to avoid shock, grab an abyss jewel for the remaining 40-45% shock avoid and use a stormshroud - this would give you full ailment immunity and let you ditch tempest shield entirely to free up some reservation there and maybe ditch enlighten?

Your lethal pride could roll % chance to gain an endurance charge on a notable someplace and let you swap your annoint out for something that contributes actual damage or aura/curse scaling. Alternatively you could lock prefixes on your amulet and hit it with an aisling to get +1 min endurance charge and %chance to gain on kill that way, cause your suffixes are already not that exciting.

The lethal pride + unnatural combo just to meet strength requirements on determination seems relatively low value in general though. I suspect dropping at least the unnatural portion of it in favor of a watchers eye or the above mention stormshroud and just picking up a big strength roll on a ring would yield better results. If you can get a pair of strength rolls on rings you could ditch both for stormshroud + watchers eye potentially. Rings are a relatively low value slot in terms of ES so you could do something like buy fractured ~50str ring bases and spam them with dot multi or cold damage essences until you hit a decent outcome.

I guess tl;dr: roll the ~100str you need on rings, bail on lethal pride/unnatural for stormshroud and a fatty watchers eye and drop tempest shield, roll endurance charges on amulet and annoint something better would be my most immediate moves.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eye of Malice does more than just exposure. It's a huge damage boost as long as you can reliably make the target's resistance negative. It's a relatively obscure unique seeing some revival this patch due to curse changes.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any tryhards here get original sin to drop yet? It’s a cool idea I bet ggg will do more of , have a guaranteed drop but just make it incredibly difficult to obtain

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Eye of Malice does more than just exposure. It's a huge damage boost as long as you can reliably make the target's resistance negative. It's a relatively obscure unique seeing some revival this patch due to curse changes.

Oh is it worded such that once you push a resist below zero it turns in to a weird double negative situation and it further cucks the resist

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Oh is it worded such that once you push a resist below zero it turns in to a weird double negative situation and it further cucks the resist
it's just 1.5x the current resist. It's a huge dps increase for the build and great with the scorch + explode boots.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea if it can push a negative resist even lower then that's probably hard to replace.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any tryhards here get original sin to drop yet? It’s a cool idea I bet ggg will do more of , have a guaranteed drop but just make it incredibly difficult to obtain

update in a few minutes i guess...wish me luck
1673029940974.png

edit: Yay
1673030166650.png

• 3Like
  • 2Weird Boner
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 5 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lethe shade does help with ground degens yea.

You could replace eye of malice with almost anything else if you roll exposure on hit on your gloves instead of that measly %damage per 100 int - there has to be something better to roll on a rare hat there if all eye is giving you is exposure and a decent ES roll? Potentially even some big dumb shaper hat with extra links etc.

If you wanna bail on enlighten you could reroll either your boot or belt with essence of torments for 55+ chance to avoid shock, grab an abyss jewel for the remaining 40-45% shock avoid and use a stormshroud - this would give you full ailment immunity and let you ditch tempest shield entirely to free up some reservation there and maybe ditch enlighten?

Your lethal pride could roll % chance to gain an endurance charge on a notable someplace and let you swap your annoint out for something that contributes actual damage or aura/curse scaling. Alternatively you could lock prefixes on your amulet and hit it with an aisling to get +1 min endurance charge and %chance to gain on kill that way, cause your suffixes are already not that exciting.

The lethal pride + unnatural combo just to meet strength requirements on determination seems relatively low value in general though. I suspect dropping at least the unnatural portion of it in favor of a watchers eye or the above mention stormshroud and just picking up a big strength roll on a ring would yield better results. If you can get a pair of strength rolls on rings you could ditch both for stormshroud + watchers eye potentially. Rings are a relatively low value slot in terms of ES so you could do something like buy fractured ~50str ring bases and spam them with dot multi or cold damage essences until you hit a decent outcome.

I guess tl;dr: roll the ~100str you need on rings, bail on lethal pride/unnatural for stormshroud and a fatty watchers eye and drop tempest shield, roll endurance charges on amulet and annoint something better would be my most immediate moves.

Lethe Shade is so god damn good.