Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is me. I initially invested into Harvest (haven't played since 2019), but then realized I had no fucking clue on what I was really supposed to be doing with the juice? Sell it, I guess? I find constantly having to sell shit like that a real annoyance, so I just took those points and put them into Metamorph instead, since Metamorph has always been one of my favorite mechanics even if it sucks balls for currency.
Harvest juice is great to sell though. It all stacks in your currency tab, and you can get out as much as the person wants by typing in the number. I usually sell it by the divine so about 5200 per for the yellow and about 10kish for the pink/blue. Usually somebody buys most of it in one swoop.

Compare that to essences and fossils and really any other thing you have to sell in this game which is an absolute pain (but poestack.com makes this shit so much easier).

Also, I made my first 50-100 divines off Meta. Like I said previously, I recommend running town square. Save the eyes and lungs and sell them in bulk on TFT. I would not recommend running the tanes lab metas.

Speaking of poestack.com has anyone used it? Its nice putting things like fossils/essences up on the market in one go via the forum shop, but its kind of annoying having to edit the forum shop everytime I make a sale.

Does anyone use the bulktft selling tool as well as poestack.com? If so how does it compare?

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
Harvest juice is great to sell though. It all stacks in your currency tab, and you can get out as much as the person wants by typing in the number. I usually sell it by the divine so about 5200 per for the yellow and about 10kish for the pink/blue. Usually somebody buys most of it in one swoop.

Compare that to essences and fossils and really any other thing you have to sell in this game which is an absolute pain (but poestack.com makes this shit so much easier).

Also, I made my first 50-100 divines off Meta. Like I said previously, I recommend running town square. Save the eyes and lungs and sell them in bulk on TFT. I would not recommend running the tanes lab metas.

Speaking of poestack.com has anyone used it? Its nice putting things like fossils/essences up on the market in one go via the forum shop, but its kind of annoying having to edit the forum shop everytime I make a sale.

Does anyone use the bulktft selling tool as well as poestack.com? If so how does it compare?
I just list my essences in bulk using the tab and they sell pretty easy like Essenece of Hatred are worth 1.3c each I had them listed as 72c/54. I try to keep it to multiple of 9 since that is the full stack size and its easy to grab out of the stash.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just list my essences in bulk using the tab and they sell pretty easy like Essenece of Hatred are worth 1.3c each I had them listed as 72c/54. I try to keep it to multiple of 9 since that is the full stack size and its easy to grab out of the stash.
Yea that's what I used to do but its kind of annoying having to price check constantly and doing it again when your selling off whole stacks and refreshing them every couple days. POEstack.com is great for that because you can price either in stack or in bulk. One issue is it has to round up or down based on the currency so its usually better to price in chaos. I had a stack of horrors I was trying to get rid of for like 1.2 divs and people were messaging me for 1 div and it makes sense because you cant fraction out in the bulk selling method (because you have to price it as a fraction in the first place I'm guessing).

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
And this entire conversation is exactly why I will never be a top player in PoE.

The thought of running a store in the game is annoying to me. My online play time is limited, and I want to play the game, not trade simulator.

I understand that it is, in essence (pun intended) relatively simple and mostly effortless, but I am stingy with my time, and I want to play. So I make currency from drops and buy in trade what I can afford and that is how I play PoE.

I also understand that my enjoyment of the game would actually be LESS if others were not offering up items in trade that I want to buy, so I am not critiquing that side of it at all, just a blog about how I do not sell items.

I used to be pure SSF up to about 3 years ago, but the game opens up somewhat when you can buy a +1 all fire gems amulet for 2 divines in 3 minutes instead of spending a lot more time crafting it. It would again open up if I spent time trading all the shit I collect, but I think this is as open the game will ever get for me....and I have been playing since 2013.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
And this entire conversation is exactly why I will never be a top player in PoE.

The thought of running a store in the game is annoying to me. My online play time is limited, and I want to play the game, not trade simulator.

I understand that it is, in essence (pun intended) relatively simple and mostly effortless, but I am stingy with my time, and I want to play. So I make currency from drops and buy in trade what I can afford and that is how I play PoE.

I also understand that my enjoyment of the game would actually be LESS if others were not offering up items in trade that I want to buy, so I am not critiquing that side of it at all, just a blog about how I do not sell items.

I used to be pure SSF up to about 3 years ago, but the game opens up somewhat when you can buy a +1 all fire gems amulet for 2 divines in 3 minutes instead of spending a lot more time crafting it. It would again open up if I spent time trading all the shit I collect, but I think this is as open the game will ever get for me....and I have been playing since 2013.
Do you mean you never sell anything? Thats fine i suppose.
But if it's only to the extent that you try to avoid it then when it comes to stuff like essences/fossils/deli orbs etc. you can either, 1. let them rot in your stash tab 2. price check and list each stack you have or 3. use the tft bulk selling tool (or poestack i guess? But Penance mentioning it is the first i've heard of it and i've never used it)

From a i wanna game and not spend 30 minutes pricing/selling stuff, nr 3 can save you a lot of time while still liquidating stuff you won't ever use.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can do what a lot of people do on that one, throw shit in a tab for X chaos thats worth while to TP out of a map/whatever, trade, go back. Kudo's to the non bots who are willing to do that for 1c, but that's not me for sure.

Once it fills, vendor the unsold stuff and move on

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Rotating stash tabs is great for stackless stuff. But it's not immediately obvious how you integrate things like essences, oils, deli orbs, etc into that selling paradigm. Currently, I just ignore them and if I ever get a stack of anything that will sell for close to a divine, I'll take the time to price it out. FWIW, I haven't had to do weekend selling session for the last few leagues. I've funded my rerolling habit mostly from stackless stash tab rotating, divine drops, and chaos drops. Play game, get loot(to sell to other people to then buy the shit you actually want).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Would be cool if one league was just all id'd gear that could hit the loot filter. Would be nice to see the dynamic it brought to the game. Getting a schwink on top level rares would feel nice. But my guess is that gear doesn't calculate its rolls until after its ID'd and would probably destroy the servers if it was that way with how much shit drops in this game.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would be cool if one league was just all id'd gear that could hit the loot filter. Would be nice to see the dynamic it brought to the game. Getting a schwink on top level rares would feel nice. But my guess is that gear doesn't calculate its rolls until after its ID'd and would probably destroy the servers if it was that way with how much shit drops in this game.
Wouldn't it be a bitch to code in numbers upon ID? I assumed that all that was tagged at drop

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You'd just have to tag the base item properties (ilvl, base, base roll, corrupt/mirror, rarity) and then once it was ID'd the client reaches out to the server, perhaps with a seed number to get the affixes? Who knows, I'm sure some people know for sure that don't work at GGG.

Decided on Doomblast as my last build. I love how I tried to save 2 divines on crafting a weapon by annulling a suffix and trying to go for cannot roll attack instead of prefix cannot be changed scour, which set me back an additional 6 divines. Don't be me.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Starting to pile up

1675338693849.png

Pretty sure this is a keyboard smashing level of frustration taking up space in a tab.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Meme build or super serious build?

You get enough proj speed so that eye of winter projectiles(both main and shards?) do not dissipate as normal but instead hit the "inactive" bubble around your character. No idea if the requisite proj speed is even possible. But the concept of dissipating projectiles like EK returning when hitting the bubble has been proven.

Nimis forces all projectiles(both?) back to you. If you count just the final spray returning to you as hitting the target, that's 8 * 3 * 55% = 1320% damage effective. Sure, target will be hit by other projectiles, but Eye of Winter is a bitch to model. Sniper's Mark adds another level of hilarity as every projectile fired by EoW is sequential, so the leadups to the final spray can all hit and split and those splits can return.

Slap it on a mine so you don't have to worry about positioning yourself for the return, just where you throw the mine. I think this works, I've seen videos of fireball traps and the fireballs returned to the now dead traps, not the player.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meme build or super serious build?

You get enough proj speed so that eye of winter projectiles(both main and shards?) do not dissipate as normal but instead hit the "inactive" bubble around your character. No idea if the requisite proj speed is even possible. But the concept of dissipating projectiles like EK returning when hitting the bubble has been proven.

Nimis forces all projectiles(both?) back to you. If you count just the final spray returning to you as hitting the target, that's 8 * 3 * 55% = 1320% damage effective. Sure, target will be hit by other projectiles, but Eye of Winter is a bitch to model. Sniper's Mark adds another level of hilarity as every projectile fired by EoW is sequential, so the leadups to the final spray can all hit and split and those splits can return.

Slap it on a mine so you don't have to worry about positioning yourself for the return, just where you throw the mine. I think this works, I've seen videos of fireball traps and the fireballs returned to the now dead traps, not the player.
CaptLance was discussing this very thing a few days ago. He was using EK and definitely had enough proj speed to get EK back, but don't know if he tried EoW, I think somebody in his chat brought it up out of icicle mines. Think it might be hard to get cap without Kalandra rings, would be nice to see what the break points are for each skill.

Nimis has to be one of the better uniques they've introduced, but they have introduced some amazing uniques in the past few leagues.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You can always 5 to 1 them at the vendor if enough have shit rolls. Just need the same base type. Works with sanctifieds too.

They're these

1675381745622.png

I've been reading up on no hit runs but I'm pretty sure I'm going to fuck them up and get all buttmad over the whole thing so there they sit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh, haven't seen one. Yeah, well, not sure what you do about it either. I was conc path totems and they fucked butt and MOSTLY pre-cleared sanctum for you, but there were still odd times where I was out of range of my totems and some bullshit would happen. At least on the bright side you've got a bunch of chances to try it!

Just read the league is going until early April. Checked the numbers on steam and it's still doing pretty well, so I think that probably factored in to them deciding to take some more time for the next expansion. Sucks for people like me who just like the initial start, but good for people doing their 40/40 or the million fucking idiots who farmed Magebloods who can now play whatever build they want with their I-Win-Belt.