Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll take longer higher quality leagues everytime even if I don't play at all during that extra time. Hopefully this is a result of them finally realizing 3 months isn't enough time.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
CaptLance was discussing this very thing a few days ago. He was using EK and definitely had enough proj speed to get EK back, but don't know if he tried EoW, I think somebody in his chat brought it up out of icicle mines. Think it might be hard to get cap without Kalandra rings, would be nice to see what the break points are for each skill.

Nimis has to be one of the better uniques they've introduced, but they have introduced some amazing uniques in the past few leagues.
There's where I got the idea. Thought I had some brilliant idea but I can't seem to get it to work. If the main projectile collides with a wall, it will return. I have no idea if this means it spews more shards. If the shards reach their 150 unit limit within the activity bubble around your character, it seems like they will return. If they collide with a wall they will return.

But it was never consistent enough. I thought maybe I had so much proj speed the game wasn't drawing them. Doing the self poison test, I would get maybe 3-5 hits? Tossing a mine in the target, even though that prevents self poisoning, it was still clear to see it was well under expectations.

Oh well :(

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you want to do a no hit run just use CaptainLance's Icicle Mine build. That guy is the premier big brain build maker. His stream is also enjoyable to watch unlike 99% of the garbage memer PoE brats.

I swear PoE has the worst playerbase and streamers on the planet.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So much this. WoW is a shit game for the most part, but I enjoy how many of their class streamers will go in-depth on builds, why certain talents should be selected over others, loot options, etc.

I feel like most PoE streamers don't elaborate for shit, don't really do a good breakdown of "goals" on gear/skill tree at certain stages, alternative items, etc. There are a few here and there, but so many builds are diarrhea'd onto Maxroll, YouTube, etc. without in-depth analysis/notes/strategies/etc.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you want to do a no hit run just use CaptainLance's Icicle Mine build. That guy is the premier big brain build maker. His stream is also enjoyable to watch unlike 99% of the garbage memer PoE brats.

My problem is the buttmad I'm going to experience eating dirt massively outweighs the reward.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really wish they would change stack sizes how harvest currency works. The easiest and most painless currency to trade in this game. Meanwhile it breaks my wrist to trade in my 5k chaos orbs for divine.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's almost certainly to push currency tab sales. 5k chaos in currency tab is nothing, but translated to normie tabs that's like 4500 only per tab (rough math). Honestly I think they need to release a "starter" edition that has currency tab, a quad stash, a few premiums, a frag tab, and map tab for like $25.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's almost certainly to push currency tab sales. 5k chaos in currency tab is nothing, but translated to normie tabs that's like 4500 only per tab (rough math). Honestly I think they need to release a "starter" edition that has currency tab, a quad stash, a few premiums, a frag tab, and map tab for like $25.
If that's the case, and you're probably right, they could make a bank note item you can buy and sell back to the vendor to trade that couldn't be put in your stash that took up 5x5 in your inventory. Because I'm so close to using a macro to start trading.

Khane

X mouse is allowed as long as you don't have a free rolling mouse wheel. Just use that.

Not that it truly solves the problem of the low stack size idiocy, but it helps

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Man, I gotta say, last league the Inq RF went smooth as silk, but this league it wasn't so good. But this EA Totem Champ is pretty simple. +1/+2 6L bows are cheap as shit, and I even lucked into a +1 all fire skills amulet as a drop to save some money. With 6 totems, I am clearing T16 with ease, and for once I can reliably do T16 Blights lol. As soon as I max out my gems I am going to start on the bosses and see how it does.

See, this is why I love PoE so much. The build that I adored last league let me down, but I quickly found one I like even more.

Khane

Inquisitor got a slight nerf this league but RF as a skill is probably more powerful than ever. Elementalist and Jugg RF are both super strong. If you feel like revisiting that build with a different Ascendency.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't have the motivation to finish grinding out 9 more specific boons or afflictions, so I guess I'm going to stop at 39/40. Feels so dirty to throw away maps to do sanctums as fast as possible.

Got ~60 divines and some chaos if anyone needs. And if you feel like taking the time to sell a temp chain cooldown/despair wither balance of terror, that's at least 25 more divines.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Don't have the motivation to finish grinding out 9 more specific boons or afflictions, so I guess I'm going to stop at 39/40. Feels so dirty to throw away maps to do sanctums as fast as possible.

Got ~60 divines and some chaos if anyone needs. And if you feel like taking the time to sell a temp chain cooldown/despair wither balance of terror, that's at least 25 more divines.

I got it done but in future leagues I really need to look at the challenge list before I'm like two weeks in. The "interact with the league mechanic until X rare things happen" like getting the Kalandra rings or checking these boon/afflictions off are shitty if you're trying to finish up.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

I ended at 38/40 this league with 3.3m monsters killed on my frost blades guy and still needed I think 7 more fancy boons for that challenge?

It's possibly the worst/grindiest one they've ever made, and has heaps of RNG on it

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Inquisitor got a slight nerf this league but RF as a skill is probably more powerful than ever. Elementalist and Jugg RF are both super strong. If you feel like revisiting that build with a different Ascendency.
I had thought about doing Jugg, but with the league mechanic deferred to a build less in your face. I may start next league with the Jugg RF.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wouldn't an elementalist be squishy as hell for an up-close build like RF?

Khane

So the update on my farming strategy for newbs who don't want to invest in the more complicated strategies out there because of how complex and intimidating they can be and because a lack of understanding of even one detail can brick the entire strat.

My current Atlas
Capture.PNG

My current kill count:
1.PNG

Before I get into the details I farmed the currency for a Mageblood and have farmed 600+ divines with this strategy in that kill count.

The strategy is simple, farm Harvest, Essences and Niko for the least amount of map investment possible.

1) Singular Focus is the biggest bait node on the entire tree. I can sustain my favored maps (Toxic Sewers and Grotto) indefinitely without it
2) You can force Sacred Grove into 90%+ of your maps without ever investing into harvest sextants
3) Always check the current essence market to see which essences are worth using your blue juice to convert (hint, almost all of them are worth converting into Contempt, Loathing, Rage, Woe, Scorn, Envy) The essences I mentioned sell the fastest and Contempt and Loathing have the highest profit margin by far. Always keep a stock of Remnants of Corruption to corrupt screaming+ Essences
4) The move speed and stats you get from Packed with Energy (Niko node) are invaluable, and the extra azurite you get that you can trade in for resonators (always buy the cheapest 1 slot resonators, they sell for 2c each and the other resonators only sell for 3c) make a lot of extra currency
5) Learn how Harvest spawns work. In this league always value yellow rare spawns over anything else outside of T4 unique spawns, otherwise look at how many spawns each plot will give you.

And that's that. A noob's guide to farming non-noob amounts of currency.

• 1Like