Path of Exile

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
LMAO, it took like a day after the new league mechanic reveal for the community to figure out how annoying it's gonna be. And that's without actually playing the game

GGG is total shit copy.jpg

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
LMAO, it took like a day after the new league mechanic reveal for the community to figure out how annoying it's gonna be. And that's without actually playing the game

View attachment 466963

This is the most retarded complaint I've seen in a while on the poe reddit, I'd guess 95% of players don't care/won't really be affected by this.

Xevy

Log Wizard
We thought about it and it's definitely annoying and problem a week 1 patch fix, but it's not game breaking. Especially since you'll run into crucibles once per map/zone. And you can literally go into a town and swap weapons and not fuck up your minions/auras etc.

It would be MUCH nicer to have Scourge slots or just allow to select from inventory, but in their mind they didn't have people grind blasting weapons to sell the tree for merges, but instead actually working on their own shit. But definitely a bit short-sighted.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is the most retarded complaint I've seen in a while on the poe reddit, I'd guess 95% of players don't care/won't really be affected by this.

Naw, it's going to be pretty annoying. Picture your weapon swap is things you want in those slots. You've leveling gems or some gimmick swap tech is there or projects you're leveling like a weapon with "sell for an additional divine" and you find a weapon that you want to check out the tree for. That's not a fringe case. I could see wanting to check a bunch of minion wands for example while on the hunt for specific shit and having to put one in the shared weapon slot is going to occasionally be an incredible pain. Weapon swap, equip, a bunch of shit bricks, auras turn off, spectres die, golems poof, fix all my shit, do the crucible, see the weapon is junk, switch back, all the bad shit happens again, set everything back up and go.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Naw, it's going to be pretty annoying. Picture your weapon swap is things you want in those slots. You've leveling gems or some gimmick swap tech is there or projects you're leveling like a weapon with "sell for an additional divine" and you find a weapon that you want to check out the tree for. That's not a fringe case. I could see wanting to check a bunch of minion wands for example while on the hunt for specific shit and having to put one in the shared weapon slot is going to occasionally be an incredible pain. Weapon swap, equip, a bunch of shit bricks, auras turn off, spectres die, golems poof, fix all my shit, do the crucible, see the weapon is junk, switch back, all the bad shit happens again, set everything back up and go.

You only get 1 crucible per map, so just throw that item you want to reveal into your swap for next map? I've never run any obscure swap tech, and a I don't care about a slight disturbance in leveling something in swap. I don't think most people will care.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Again, go to TOWN, not your HIDEOUT and swapping/removing minion gems won't unsummon all your shit.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You only get 1 crucible per map, so just throw that item you want to reveal into your swap for next map? I've never run any obscure swap tech, and a I don't care about a slight disturbance in leveling something in swap. I don't think most people will care.

C'mon man, a guy that doesn't do anything with two of his inventory slots doesn't care about how the league mechanic impacts those inventory slots? That's your take? You don't even level gems?

Again, go to TOWN, not your HIDEOUT and swapping/removing minion gems won't unsummon all your shit.

Yeah, this is the easier way to go. Open a portal, logout, login, swap swap, go back to the hideout and back to the map. It's still annoying but by only a fraction if a char is really tight on stats and sockets.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
C'mon man, a guy that doesn't do anything with two of his inventory slots doesn't care about how the league mechanic impacts those inventory slots? That's your take? You don't even level gems?

Yeah, this is the easier way to go. Open a portal, logout, login, swap swap, go back to the hideout and back to the map. It's still annoying but by only a fraction if a char is really tight on stats and sockets.

I use my swap to level gems, ya, and I don't see this being a big deal at all, I'll play around it NP.

That said, if they were to add a slot specifically for revealing only, that would probably be ok. I don't think they should add 1 or 2 slots to store stuff as you level it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I use my swap to level gems, ya, and I don't see this being a big deal at all, I'll play around it NP.

That said, if they were to add a slot specifically for revealing only, that would probably be ok. I don't think they should add 1 or 2 slots to store stuff as you level it.
Problem isn't so much that your swap is used or not, but that swapping weapons will drop whatever is active on your current weapons. If it's a 6L with your main skill it's fine(well assuming it's not a summon type), but if you have auras and shit in there it's just tedious shit. Not sure why you can't just drag and drop a weapon in your inventory anyway.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Problem isn't so much that your swap is used or not, but that swapping weapons will drop whatever is active on your current weapons. If it's a 6L with your main skill it's fine(well assuming it's not a summon type), but if you have auras and shit in there it's just tedious shit. Not sure why you can't just drag and drop a weapon in your inventory anyway.

From what I saw in the reveal video you don't actually have to swap weapons to select something in your swap slots at the crucible. I also suspect if things remain the same that people will just adapt and not socket auras in their hands.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
From what I saw in the reveal video you don't actually have to swap weapons to select something in your swap slots at the crucible. I also suspect if things remain the same that people will just adapt and not socket auras in their hands.

Lol, the complaints are very reasonable because annoyance is always... annoying.

You're the one with the bad take on this, not everyone else.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's speculation that since it wasn't directly mentioned in the patch notes, Heatshiver got rarity nerfed.

If you change your PoB to beta in the options, you can get the new passive tree.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Right you don't if you want to keep leveling your current weap(in whatever slot), but the issue here is in case the weapon in your offhand is already a static thing(like for gem leveling with white sockets or just the right sockets and it's already maxed out in crucible xp or just has a shit tree), if you want to throw another weapon in the crucible, you have to swap weapons to switch it when you find the crucible, which is when you drop your buffs/minions, then switch back to go back to getting xp on gems after you swap.

It's definitely very poorly thought out and some level of pointless clunkiness that shouldn't be a thing. It works fine if you don't use your 2nd set of weapons usually for gem leveling though, you can just drop whatever you want to level in there in your hideout, run a bunch of maps and feed it crucible xp, then when you're done you switch the next map in your hideout and so on. Great for that, but you "waste" a lot of gem xp doing it this way.

I don't know how it's coded but the "easy" fix would be to have a 3rd option that just lets you select another weapon in your inventory instead of just your main/swap set. So you can just carry a weapon for crucible in your bag and click on that, one additional click only none of the stupid shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's speculation that since it wasn't directly mentioned in the patch notes, Heatshiver got rarity nerfed.

If you change your PoB to beta in the options, you can get the new passive tree.

Be pretty lame if there's a rarity shift to T1 or something with 0 mention of it, but guess we'll see

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Be pretty lame if there's a rarity shift to T1 or something with 0 mention of it, but guess we'll see
Would be pretty lame, but there's tons of precedence. I'm surprised they even mentioned the change to diadem.

I was originally planning Heatshiver Ice Shot Deadeye as my league starter. But I'm thinking of doing Champion instead so that Perseverance is available incase Heatshiver is indeed T1.

Though, I'm expecting they are going to nerf that Adrenaline mastery before the league goes live.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would be pretty lame, but there's tons of precedence. I'm surprised they even mentioned the change to diadem.

I was originally planning Heatshiver Ice Shot Deadeye as my league starter. But I'm thinking of doing Champion instead so that Perseverance is available incase Heatshiver is indeed T1.

Though, I'm expecting they are going to nerf that Adrenaline mastery before the league goes live.
I would think because they mentioned the Diadem change they would mention other rarity changes? When was the last time they changed rarity tiers without notes, I know it's happened but can't remember.