Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea them calling out diadem changes really makes me inclined to think there won't be any other various rarity adjustments, but guess we'll find out.

RE: ice shot, I was looking at this too but I'm kinda dubious. It has ~50% less base scaling than frost blades which makes me think it'll be hard to hit freeze thresholds on bosses, but you might be able to cover this with a how huge the T1 flat ele rolls on bows can be? Vaal ice shot sure looks mechanically strong though and should cover the single target problems of ice shot nicely.

The spectral throw changes I think might mean it's a very realistic starter option as well. Snipers mark is getting some buffs via better/more mark masteries, and the spectrac throw interaction was already insane, so gaining ~33% more hits while in flight could be a lot. I can't see it being a heatshiver setup though cause the damage scaling is awful and you're relying on 1h weapon rolls.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm not 100% sure on diadem being nerfed specifically. It just says Catarina unique items rebalanced and unless you were cheesing it for level 68 Catarinas or whatever it was, it fucking shit out flasks and shields for me. I did probably 10ish+ Catarinas and got something like 3 diadems, 3 flasks, 1 Cane, 4 shields, and 2 chests. TBH I'm guessing they just make it all equal at the highest level. 20% chance for each one at 76+. If they keep the ilvl stuff the same it'd mean you're 50/50 on Diadems at lvl 68 Catarinas, which is probably a buff? I'm not sure of the breakdown of her drop rate outside my own experiences. All I can say is diadems weren't bad, and flasks/shields were too fucking common.

Heatshiver won't be nerfed. It will probably have one more league of OPness before they tone it down or increase the rarity next league I'd guess.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's no chance the catarina changes aren't something like moving diadem to ilvl 83 only or other similar destruction of its drop rate

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would think because they mentioned the Diadem change they would mention other rarity changes? When was the last time they changed rarity tiers without notes, I know it's happened but can't remember.
I don't know either because of the nature of the change. Divination cards are perhaps a better example since they can be brute forced via stacked decks. Those get rebalanced almost every league.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yea them calling out diadem changes really makes me inclined to think there won't be any other various rarity adjustments, but guess we'll find out.

RE: ice shot, I was looking at this too but I'm kinda dubious. It has ~50% less base scaling than frost blades which makes me think it'll be hard to hit freeze thresholds on bosses, but you might be able to cover this with a how huge the T1 flat ele rolls on bows can be? Vaal ice shot sure looks mechanically strong though and should cover the single target problems of ice shot nicely.

The spectral throw changes I think might mean it's a very realistic starter option as well. Snipers mark is getting some buffs via better/more mark masteries, and the spectrac throw interaction was already insane, so gaining ~33% more hits while in flight could be a lot. I can't see it being a heatshiver setup though cause the damage scaling is awful and you're relying on 1h weapon rolls.
I never click on this thread but some spidey sense told me that someone was talking about Spectral Throw.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

225/174 is not 50% less. Hard to compare the abilities outside of that since the builds scale differently. I don't think there will be a huge difference in playstyle, honestly. I welcome playing a build without those stupid totems.

Please explain the sniper's mark interaction. I don't see how it gets you anything more than double damage, which is what any projectile build is going to get in 3.21 with cascade anoint.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Spec Throw got a nice 30% damage increase and with all the projectiles added it could be pretty decent. It's been outclassed by Spectral Helix until last patch and now it may even overtake it for the average player not working some niche Helix stuff.

Mathil did a Spectril Throw Mjolnir build 2 or 3 leagues ago that was actually pretty good. I imagine Cospri's would be about the same.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was intrigued by the Frostblade Trickster build so went poking around and came across this dude on Youtube. Good info but i would definitely recommend 1.5x or even 1.75x playback speed, dude is the antithesis of the micro-machine man. This is him discussing all the incoming buffs:

And here are a few quick FAQs.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
225/174 is not 50% less. Hard to compare the abilities outside of that since the builds scale differently. I don't think there will be a huge difference in playstyle, honestly. I welcome playing a build without those stupid totems.

Please explain the sniper's mark interaction. I don't see how it gets you anything more than double damage, which is what any projectile build is going to get in 3.21 with cascade anoint.

The lower hit timing on throw should let you get a bunch of extra random hits off the returning mark projectiles. Throw decelerates as it returns to origin point, and when the origin point is the boss itself you get maximum time of lowest proj speed of them.

Obviously every hit based proj is gonna use snipers until they finally nerf it, but throw stands to benefit a bit more than usual because of it's weird multi-hit capabilities.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Something like poison spectral throw could probably be pretty sweet now. I know 0 to diddly about poison and DoTs in general, but the one thing I do no is the more successive hits in a shorter time you can get the more ramp you're getting. Wonder if there's going to be some Spec Throw Pathfinders out there crushing Uber Bosses now.

Edit: Nevermind that. The 225ms is based on ATTACK not projectile. Not as good as I was hoping.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The lower hit timing on throw should let you get a bunch of extra random hits off the returning mark projectiles. Throw decelerates as it returns to origin point, and when the origin point is the boss itself you get maximum time of lowest proj speed of them.

Obviously every hit based proj is gonna use snipers until they finally nerf it, but throw stands to benefit a bit more than usual because of it's weird multi-hit capabilities.
Origin point is still you, split spectral throw does not return to the target in which they were split from. Sniper's Mark in fact ruins deceleration time as the split happens immediately, setting the split projectiles to full speed and then they slow down nowhere near the target before reaccelerating and all returning to you.

You seem to think projectiles slow down as they near origin point on their return. Am I misunderstanding you? The skill has never functioned that way.

I'm not sure the lowered hit timer will cross some threshold that would allow a target standing right next to you to get hit more than once by the returning projectiles. I tested this last league and I never got more than 2 stacks of self poison off a target in melee range per use of spectral throw.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Spark nerfed differently (proj speed easier to make up than skill duration).
Erasable trees on items? I'm not sure if they mean erase the points spent or the tree itself.
Stance shit TBD, lul
No Unique Chest change for "life" tags that aren't life.

Some info there but mostly nothin.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
We thought about it and it's definitely annoying and problem a week 1 patch fix, but it's not game breaking. Especially since you'll run into crucibles once per map/zone. And you can literally go into a town and swap weapons and not fuck up your minions/auras etc.

It would be MUCH nicer to have Scourge slots or just allow to select from inventory, but in their mind they didn't have people grind blasting weapons to sell the tree for merges, but instead actually working on their own shit. But definitely a bit short-sighted.

Or they can just simply have a slot, or four buttons pre-populated with your 2 primary and 2 secondary weapon/shield slots. Have a weapon you want to use crucible on that you're not using? Put it in the slot. Or, select one of the things you have equipped. Problem solved.

The stupid shit GGG does is crap like "No no, see, we want you to FEEL THE BURDEN of actually equipping a weapon to use in the league mechanic." The only reason I hope D4 has resounding success is to stop GGG from this stupid as fuck, idiotic mindset that bad QOL and bad UX design equals difficulty. It's the most glaring flaw in PoE's existance. Meanwhile lets make a helm swap meta for bosses. Sounds brilliant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Origin point is still you, split spectral throw does not return to the target in which they were split from. Sniper's Mark in fact ruins deceleration time as the split happens immediately, setting the split projectiles to full speed and then they slow down nowhere near the target before reaccelerating and all returning to you.

You seem to think projectiles slow down as they near origin point on their return. Am I misunderstanding you? The skill has never functioned that way.

I'm not sure the lowered hit timer will cross some threshold that would allow a target standing right next to you to get hit more than once by the returning projectiles. I tested this last league and I never got more than 2 stacks of self poison off a target in melee range per use of spectral throw.

Huh yea I had to actually go test it cause I thought for sure all the splits went back to the mob, but I guess I just never noticed in all the projectile spam chaos.

Looks like throw is still gonna need slower proj for big damage and thus is gonna feel like dogshit trying to clear.

C'mon vaal ice shot don't be some cucked nonsense like 'ice clones deal 70% less damage'

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well I'm doing some practice runs and holy shit does ice shot suck in act 1. It's like less damage than frost blades with none of the clear lol

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
hm i bet it wont be long till we get a gpt plugin for path of building to just spit out a million builds

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
They did more FAQ's after the original:
Will you consider adding a Crucible specific equipment slot (like for Sanctum relics) so that players don't have to potentially sacrifice levelling gems in their weapon swap?
To address this feedback, we're planning to make it so that the leftmost identified weapon in your inventory will also be selectable in Crucible encounters.

Not the PERFECT solution, but definitely A solution... for now. Think the sanctum/scourge slot idea is probably solid enough they implement it later.

Here's the rest: