Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Welp, nice to know GGG is always consistent in making the mechanic mobs overtuned so it is needlessly tedious in at least the lower leveling process.

I am not sure I was even scratching them on the Coast, but at least wore through them in the Mud Flats.

First PoE on my new computer though. Smooth as silk, looks great!

You can just charge the crucible a little bit and get exp to advance your weapon. The difficulty scales up super hard.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What's the "best" faceroll build this league? Still RF? I played a sweaty ass build last league and want something braindead this time around.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just got to act 5, so maybe this gets better later.

League mechanic is hot garbage. If I don't have a crucible tree to level(and this is often the case), why would I stick my hands in the forge? Just to see what trees are possible on shit items? How's that any different than picking up and IDing every rare?

Channeling mechanic needs a lot of work. The UI is clunky and there seems to be some considerable lag time between releasing RMB and it finally stopping.

"Just spawned damage reduction" incentives you to run away for a first few seconds. This works on bosses because you can't go kill other shit. But in maps, you can spawn crucible mobs, fuck off and clear some other shit while the DR wears off, and then come back. This will shorten the amount of time it takes for a player to reach "why even bother?".

Crucible mobs need to be more rewarding for how assbeat they can be. Crucible passive tree experience is not enough. The trees are quite often garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I already leave every map with a full inventory of rare shit so picking up a base each map to shove in there and see a tree doesn't bother me too much.

It does concern for me for actual endgame though - am I gonna have to spam bases until I see a tree I want and then just craft my item then? Seems pretty gross considering the normie way of crafting anything is just fractured bases these days, so hopefully there's some way to reroll trees or something.

The mobs themselves having stupid ass timed damage reduction is complete horseshit though.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Started HC ssf ruthless with galvanic arrow and shrapnel ballista

Gonna go rain of arrows dead eye, see how far I can take it

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can't deal with that jugg any more. It's too much work to even get to the transition point. Fuck RF.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I thought this league was gonna be banging but the league mechanic and items are pretty much all trash. Lets hope it livens up at end game items because every tree I unlocked for 2h/1h blunt and axes have all been pretty much samey. First it starts with some elemental flat of some kind. then 2nd nose is usually -15% attack speed but chance of double dmg? I also saw a node that takes away your resistances but adds some other shit? Its all pretty much trash. Plus it takes too long to unlock the nodes unless you wanna fucking die all the time so by the time you have 2-3 nodes unlocked youre ready to switch weapons. All other drops during the event have all been pretty much trash too. So im hoping this is more of an "end game" type league because so far its pretty trash for leveling up where past leagues would shower you with uniques and currency at least.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The downsides on a lot of these crucible passives are just lulzy. I get that sometimes downsides on passives and items can make for interesting interactions but GGG has gone way overboard with the downsides on what feels like everything with these crucible trees.

I found a nice rare shield, opened it up via crucible and the very first node is... 28 to maximum energy shield, 25% reduced mana regen.... which actually bricks my build at my current gear level lol.

Why the hell does a measly +28 energy shield node need any downside at all let alone a downside that significant? And now I can't even use this shield which otherwise would have been a very nice upgrade.

EDIT: You can scour the node it appears. Whew, thank god for that. That was gonna be real annoying if not.

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Depends what build youre playing. Im starting SRS and after about act 6 im obliterating fully juiced crucibles. Convoking wands have sone pretty good minion stuff on them, but if i transition to poison i dunno if the unique will have anything i want on it. They should have let you melt different bases onto uniques so they could actually be really powerful. Without any extra currency drops in the maps, and weapons being the only items you can use in the crucible, it feels like mostly standard.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's like 10% trash nodes and 90% pure power. There's weird shit that can fuck you over like I had 25% increased effect impale but 40% chance for hits to impale me, but otherwise it's all been pure power. Just flat damage, free passives, increased stats, local attack speed, an big resistance/block. People saying it's all garbage either did it twice at low level or are just dumb.

Mechanic itself is fucked. The monsters seem to have Kalandra scaling straight damage reduction. Doing 200k dps or some shit in Act 10 I could barely do a T1 full node because of the ridiculousness of the DR combined with mobs having the absolute dirtiest fucking mob abilities to already exist like Esh lightning balls and Chalua Chaos Spitting Cyclone. Fuck that. From what I hear the thing is pretty borked in group play too. Like people both have to channel, channel different amounts, and what they get seems to be randomed or a combination or whatever, but the mobs are almost ALWAYS more juiced than anyone expects. Also if some one channels and then steps out before the other person channels it goes off and the 2nd person gets fucked. Real sloppy. Hoping they do a UI/Interaction tune-up.

Also the mobs don't drop loot. Well, they do, but they don't. Just absolutely NOTHING considering 90% of the mobs are blues and rares. Feels bad. It means when you have a maxed tree for your weapon/shield, besides farming for currency nodes or working on the next upgrade/alt weapon there's 0 reason to do it. Risk vs reward if you don't have an on-deck weapon is way the fuck off. I fought the lightning Unique, Metallor or whatever, yesterday and he was tough, but the real problem was he set up a circle of totems that just fucking BLAST you with lightning if you're near them and they're unkillable. Basically had to kite him to a doorway and max range him while praying his lightning tendrils didn't oneshot me if they touched me. My reward for him? 3 items. Two blues and a rare gold ring. Felt not good. I'm sure they have a higher chance at magmite and shit, but again I'm fucking str stacking so my damage is WAY higher than most people in T1's and it's a slog.

I don't even mind if they leave the difficulty, but they HAVE to let you bank Crucible juice and/or buff the loot from Crucible mobs. Right now the reward after you've finished your equipped shit just isn't worth it.

Also 321k players yesterday. New record. Pretty good, steam had them at them at like 211k so moving towards like 65/35 steam vs OG client. Makes me think the player base is definitely growing. Not sure how with how hard it is to get into the game, but glad to see it. Then again this is also the time where people playing for 2-3 days and stop and then Reddit posts things about league retention like they have any fucking idea what the actual trends are in 4 days into a league after a weekend.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Depends what build youre playing. Im starting SRS and after about act 6 im obliterating fully juiced crucibles. Convoking wands have sone pretty good minion stuff on them, but if i transition to poison i dunno if the unique will have anything i want on it. They should have let you melt different bases onto uniques so they could actually be really powerful. Without any extra currency drops in the maps, and weapons being the only items you can use in the crucible, it feels like mostly standard.

Wait til you get to maps, like Xevy is saying they feel WAY overtuned. Like Kalandra Archnemesis overtuned. Even if you barely channel at all they seem tanky as shit and do very high damage.

So, basically something that should be interesting and fun at entry level feels almost entirely not worth doing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There's like 10% trash nodes and 90% pure power. There's weird shit that can fuck you over like I had 25% increased effect impale but 40% chance for hits to impale me, but otherwise it's all been pure power. Just flat damage, free passives, increased stats, local attack speed, an big resistance/block. People saying it's all garbage either did it twice at low level or are just dumb.
Well im not at end game so the items Ive opened trees on are all low level but yeah, they all have been samey and most nodes are trash. Ive prob opened up 5-6 axes and blunts.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I was fighting a crucible blue in Act 6 or something and a regular rare mob rolled in. The rare died in a few seconds, while I banged away at the crucible blue mob for another 30 seconds or so lol. I thought that pretty much exemplified the league tuning.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't play more than 10 minutes with getting the "an unexpected disconnect has occurred" error. Great game.