Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I messed with cyclone a bit in PoB and with 25 extra strike range it gets pretty fucking large - not quite original legion league large but big enough I think

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I messed with cyclone a bit in PoB and with 25 extra strike range it gets pretty fucking large - not quite original legion league large but big enough I think
MBXtreme is currently doing a build like this.

I have streams on in the BG while I played all weekend, and one of them (Quin I think? lul) was talking about doing something like this with strike skill X + trauma + vengeance for full screen AOE.
Sounds jank even to me, but... eh?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone loaded up a melee build with tons of strike range tattoos? I've been trying out Boneshatter and I dislike how small the "bubble" of reliable clear is. Sure, indoors, you can get those nice pulse chains, but you cannot reliable on them.

I'm wondering if slapping +20 strike range on a melee skill will give it similar clear to something like Smite. Smite can reach top and bottom of the screen with very little help.
Are you running ash and ancestral cry? Clear seems fine to me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are you running ash and ancestral cry? Clear seems fine to me.
No to ash, I'm doing pure phys impale. Yes to ancestral cry.

The problem I have is kinda hard to put into words, but let me try again. You will explode a pack but not always. Sometimes there will be stragglers on the outer edges that got hit by 0-1 pulses. You are planning how you are going to move while you are right clicking the pack, thus it is annoying if you have to stop and change direction just to pick up a straggler that is now out side of your strike range.

Skills like Smite, Frost Blades, and Lightning Strike(pre proj nerf) do a good job at mitigating this by allowing your skill to reach most stragglers. Thus, you don't have to change what you're doing, just stutter step and hit the skill again.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No to ash, I'm doing pure phys impale. Yes to ancestral cry.

The problem I have is kinda hard to put into words, but let me try again. You will explode a pack but not always. Sometimes there will be stragglers on the outer edges that got hit by 0-1 pulses. You are planning how you are going to move while you are right clicking the pack, thus it is annoying if you have to stop and change direction just to pick up a straggler that is now out side of your strike range.

Skills like Smite, Frost Blades, and Lightning Strike(pre proj nerf) do a good job at mitigating this by allowing your skill to reach most stragglers. Thus, you don't have to change what you're doing, just stutter step and hit the skill again.
Ah yea i get it. I used to care about stragglers but on anything but juiced maps i don't care if I even hit < 50 mob count. Reason being sustain id brain dead. Just hit a loop leap slammin from pack to pack one tap move on do the circuit. Well see how it is in a proper juice strat where getting your mob count < 50 kinda matters (not really?)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ah yea i get it. I used to care about stragglers but on anything but juiced maps i don't care if I even hit < 50 mob count. Reason being sustain id brain dead. Just hit a loop leap slammin from pack to pack one tap move on do the circuit. Well see how it is in a proper juice strat where getting your mob count < 50 kinda matters (not really?)
Those are fair points. Just bothers me. Sometimes the stragglers are things that should be killed, like a rare.

Anyway, this is what I love about PoE. The guy that made Nimis is still figuring out builds for it 3 leagues later.

Also kinda annoys me too. I explicitly looked into Eye of Winter and returning projectiles that league. As he says in the video, it takes a fuckton of proj speed to get it to return, and even then it's not consistent. Wish I had thought of Arcanist Brand. Who uses it besides utility?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good god leap-slamming with rage and berserk really is the only way to play this game.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda unimpressed with the new Atlas Keystones. Dunno maybe I just don't have the vision but none of them seem worth it. Maybe the ritual one that decreases or increases how much favor and item needs but its a gamble.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Kinda unimpressed with the new Atlas Keystones. Dunno maybe I just don't have the vision but none of them seem worth it. Maybe the ritual one that decreases or increases how much favor and item needs but its a gamble.
I am running that and the no reroll +100% extra favor and cleaning out the inventory each run. Nothing really good has come out of it so far, but it has been interesting.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I played around with the tier 1 plants/plants of different colors can upgrade Harvest keystone today. Its a little hit or miss but you can get some huge returns on it if you play it right.

Most lifeforce I got out of a single Sacred Grove was ~2400 and I wasn't using the duplicate life force sextant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played around with the tier 1 plants/plants of different colors can upgrade Harvest keystone today. Its a little hit or miss but you can get some huge returns on it if you play it right.

Most lifeforce I got out of a single Sacred Grove was ~2400 and I wasn't using the duplicate life force sextant.
That's pretty good return. I heard Ziz say it wasn't worth it so didn't do any more research beyond that. Were you doing wandering path harvest or some other variation? I think he was doing a non-wandering path so that might've skewed results.
I am running that and the no reroll +100% extra favor and cleaning out the inventory each run. Nothing really good has come out of it so far, but it has been interesting.
See the no reroll thing kinda put me off. Unless its a full grid of items the reroll is almost necessary to get good stuff in ritual.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's pretty good return. I heard Ziz say it wasn't worth it so didn't do any more research beyond that. Were you doing wandering path harvest or some other variation? I think he was doing a non-wandering path so that might've skewed results.

See the no reroll thing kinda put me off. Unless its a full grid of items the reroll is almost necessary to get good stuff in ritual.

What i've read is that what you're offered is determined by how much tribute you have. So if a mirror takes 10k to defer, or whatever it might be, you won't see it unless you have atleast 10k tribute. Which is why getting 100% more is better than it first seems.

• 1Mother of God

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Why does every bow build that I see that deals with elemental damage use a Spine Bow base? Is there something special about it?

Khane

Got something right about marriage

I think it's not as good with wandering path because you lose 2 very good notables for big upgrades. 50% chance at an extra plot and 10% chance for unchosen plants not to wilt. I just switched to a Grand Design strategy trying to pump pack size to see how that goes. But it's a very hit or miss kinda thing. Sometimes you get 3 plots, sometimes 5, etc. And you have to strategize which order you do the crops in.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I know a bunch of you like autobomber type gameplay, and this one might only be possible this league if anyone cares to dick around with it.

My character is currently still a fucking mess and gear everywhere needs fixing, I need to change my tree to move the timeless jewel, perhaps path entirely differently to go get magebane, etc, but the idea is working so far.

Pros:

- The warcry isn't a hit nor a spell so you get to ignore all kinds of shit like block, suppress, phys mitigation, etc on mobs. This makes the damage super consistent. It also hilariously lets you sequence break a lot of scripted fights while they can't be hit/targeted
- You're a champion and can build whatever kind of super thick defensive setup you want to. I went with fourth vow cause I happened to link one really easily, but you could do almost anything you wanted to here
- Surprisingly fast with being able to just proc adrenaline on demand
- Put warcry on left click and just run around like an idiot, only really press reap if something isn't dying for some reason.

Cons:

- There aren't actually any more gem links that I could find that actually work, so these stupid shitty gloves are I think about the most damage you're gonna get out of it
- You're spamming warcry every ~second and it's loud as fuck so you mostly have to mute game audio
- The gearing is really fiddly with needing max chaos res and a big chunk of dex/int for your supports, and your damage isn't an active gem so most means of damage scaling (+levels being the biggest) don't apply, thus we have to go to spiritual aid just to get some damage
- Requires a fuckload of warcry tattoos (I don't even have enough yet) so doing it in SSF is probably not happening, and the build is gonna die if tattoos ever go away

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hey, you just copied Ruetoo ;)

I found even at 1s, the cooldown on General's Cry was holding you back from feeling like you could go as fast as possible. Especially noticeable if you realize that other versions of this build, like KB CF, aren't hamstrung similarly.

Efficacy would be a 5th link. Cane of Kulemak would likely be your BiS.

• 1Worf