Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Archnemsis didn't go away lol, they just removed all the names.

All the mods are still there and can stack in the same ways, they just hit rares with -1 affixes and deleted all the scary names people had come to hate
I think it's generally accepted that Archnemesis refers to the mistake of a system they tried to integrate into core during 3.18 and 3.19. Of course a large vestige of Archnemesis mods are still in the game in some form. Nemesis mods are too, shall we say Nemesis is still in the game too?

Achnemesis mods were still being tuned during Kalandra league, that alone is an important distinction. The odd rare bending you over at league start is not a "great state of the game".

I think there's a huge difference between having to infer what "magma shell" really meant. At least now, you can mouse over the rare and clearly see what's fucking your dps.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There are people I play with now who scream and cry over certain rare affixes existing. Doesn't mean the game isn't in a good place right now, either.

Also Kalandra league implemented itemized Harvest juice so that alone made QoL go through the roof even if it allowed the Mageblood spamming and streamer gamba drama increase by 1000 fold.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm a pretty big cynic on the whole 'clearly named rare mods vs archnemesis' thing.

Rolling up mob abilities in to 'flamestrider' or whatever wasn't really any functionally different to me than seeing a current rare that has 'ignite resistant, has molten shells, moves faster' or whatever the fuck else. It's all just semantics and requires just as much understanding of one game system vs another. Ultimately neither really matter either until you run in to the 1/100 rare mobs that doesn't die instantly, and under either system it's probably still because it has cycling damage reduction.

The only real tangible difference from archnemesis itself and the few subsequent leagues was the continued numerical nerfing of the modifies themselves and how many mods a rare was allowed to roll.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
This was one of those things that clearly benefited new and dumb players, which is fine. But for savvy players they just made shit complicated. Instead of glancing at 3 words and knowing what was up we had to read 15 words. In the end we can just see the first word and know the whole enchilada, but it was kind of funny people thought this alleviated some grand problem.

In the end power creep basically erased all but the most specific of AN problems mana siphoner/executioner/crit resistant, but even in MOST builds these are speed bumps and not walls.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
All I know is that league starts were rough for 3.18 and 3.19 but were ok for 3.20. I questioned the overall state of the game in Kalandra and mistakenly used Archnemesis as shorthand. And yes, I think it's completely fair for people to question the state of 3.22. It just depends on their substantiation.

Perhaps I overemphasized with "huge difference" in my previous post. I feel like I have more breathing room to mouse over a rare and understand its disruptive nature after the affix verbosity than before. Maybe that was just coincidence.

I will posit that they originally tried to be more verbose(with no change in power) and it made them realize how messy every single rare would be, thus forcing them to limit how many affixes a rare could naturally have. It's ok for the occasional multipossessed red beast essence mob, but you can't have every rare come with a wall of text.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Kalandra also had the reintroduction of Scourge under the Beyond banner. In addition to the Archnemesis mods being overtuned those assholes were also overtuned so you'd get something like a rare beyond guy with aggressive ai running at your dick with a bunch of fuck you mods thrown on top that was 20x harder than the map boss. To make matters worse there wouldn't be any fight mechanics to interact with either. Doing bosses with bad dps by doing the fight? No problem. Gargantuan Frenzied Chaos-weaver gremlin thing that does nothing but run wicked fast and melee? Immediate right there on the spot dps check. Lakes themselves had also unreasonable lethality so a lot of us had a rough go of it for a while.

Xevy

Log Wizard

New events.

Krangled Passive (5x exp penalty for some reason)
Kalandra + Sentinel in every zone (not voided so Resonator shenanigans for standard normies)
Rotating Mega Atlas Keystones in maps/zones. Legacy League 2.0 basically. Pretty cool.

Good stuff, makes me think resonators MAY be making a comeback at some point, but probably in an omega neutered fashion.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
First krangled passive was shit. This one looks like more shit.
Sentinel in every zone is more than enough. Will play for that alone. I'm not sure I understand the intent of throwing Kalandra on top. They don't seem synnergistic?
I'm not sure I understand rotating atlas keystones. Seems like a fair bit of them will be literal noops(maven witness in a map she's already witnessed) while a fair amount of them require specific atlas tree investment to make any sense(wandering path, crop rotation, etc).

EDIT: ignore, I misinterpreted xevy's post regarding keystones. Will need to rethink.

All events have a steep exp penalty.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea Kalandra seems super strange there. It's a one week event - you could spend 12 hours a day slamming nothing but Kalandra lakes and very easily never see the actual reflect an item tile or whatever. I guess just touch the mirror each map and sell them if people care?

Sentinel is fuckin baller though and should be a lot of fun to mess around it. Also LOL at it not being a void league, all 15 standard players are gonna be big mad about their recombobulator hoards getting inflated away.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
First krangled passive was shit. This one looks like more shit.

The tree krangles need to be per character or per account or something. It just being one global tree is retarded and just leads to datamining the tree, seeing which ascendancy is the least fucked by it, and everyone just playing that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Resonators + mirror could be some BIG shenanigans with some weird shit like Heist items/Betrayal Mods etc. I played a good amount of Kalandra and got 3-4 mirrors, but I had people who played nearly the same amount and got 0-1. So hopefully they up the encounter rate of the special tile sets, especially the mirror. I don't honestly remember all the mirror rules, but I don't think Influence/Synth items worked iirc. Could be totally wrong but I thought it had to be base items for sure, but resonators will make for some better juicing.

Krangled is like, fun for the people seeing what's what. Then 24 hours in you look at the mapped shit and MAYBE see some Ascendancy that looks cool (Profane bloom, chieftain explode, Guardian relics, Champ Fortify) combined with some other weird shit and MAYBE make a build with it. Definitely the weakest of the three.

The stones thing looks fun. The 15 minutes thing may be a misstep as the 1 hour timer for farming a certain map for certain league modifiers was always cool. Then you just switched over to another map. Now I guess you can just blast Maven's triple boss map shit now without missing out? Seems weird, but whatever. I'm pretty sure some of those things may make leveling a pain in the dick like the Delirium thing. Hopefully you can just skip that shit because having a 3 link character at level 50+ and running into Delirium was always annoying except on the most busted of builds.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's info from the wiki on some of the tech from Lake of Kalandra with people lucky or rich enough to get the Mirror tile:
1698185383729.png

The charge thing will be very popular withe the Ralakesh's impatience bug. Reduced or increased proj speed shenanigans always good too. Think reduced proj speed helix was one-shotting bosses in 1-2 seconds during it's time. Helix got nerfed, but Eye of Winter is ready to blast as always.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does anyone still have money in league? I deleted or gave away all mine and wanna do one more build I think before the events start

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
If only PoE would do voided events like Torchlight Infinite with huge bonus xp, everyone gets autobombing, loot multipliers enabled, heist style chests and loot explosion bosses in every zone.
1699024061924.png

• 1Mother of God

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Liquidated some shit in standard to actually mirror an item cause someone linked it to me on discord and I've never seen anything so absurd before.

~2450 pdps, completely reasonable item to exist

Capture.PNG

• 2WTF
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Vaal it or pussy (I know, I know, it is mirrored).

I tried the Krangle league today. I cheated and used the uncovered tree - and built a straight minion build since it is easiest just to filter via MINION and navigate around the tree.

Then I found out you need to get 2 characters to 50 for the 2 x box bonus. Not sure I have the mojo to do that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Vaal it or pussy (I know, I know, it is mirrored).

I tried the Krangle league today. I cheated and used the uncovered tree - and built a straight minion build since it is easiest just to filter via MINION and navigate around the tree.

Then I found out you need to get 2 characters to 50 for the 2 x box bonus. Not sure I have the mojo to do that.

If you really want a second box do another char in one of the later events. The next one just bolts Lake + Sentinel on top of everything. Getting to 50 on that won't take a lot.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
If you really want a second box do another char in one of the later events. The next one just bolts Lake + Sentinel on top of everything. Getting to 50 on that won't take a lot.
Ah, I thought it was 2 to 50 in EACH. Reading comprehension for the win.

I am definitely doing the next 2.

• 1Like