Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
i can t seem to find anyone doing anything with this ring - Tawhanuku's Timing. Ignoring the common easy mode flask strat with pathfinder, it seems to me this ring might be an alternate option to trigger everlasting sacrifice on the mahuxotl's shield. But I cant quite figure out what spell combo or whatever to use to make it work. Is it possible to use the ring in this way at all? Or is this just a dumpster item

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're going to have a non-insignificant amount of ES to fill due to Divine Flesh. What spell are you going to use that will fill that at least once every 4 seconds and not be unsustainable in mana cost?

(Replica) Sorrow of The Divine, es on hit, and instant leech are the only reliable ways I've seen for proccing Everlasting Sacrifice.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
yea the es from corrupted soul will give atleast 1k es, and I cant think of a way to use it either, its just such a weird ring it seems like there should be something there. maybe some kind of CWDT looping build that has insane mana recoup could use it - if youre say casting 4 different spells 5 times a second, thats I guess 5 instances of the ring triggering in a second. but im not sure if that is how the ring works or not. I just dont see the point of the ring unless it has some trick to it, it seems too specifically thought out to just be a some garbage tier unique.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
i believe you can proc everlasting sacrifice if you have enough evasion and using ghost shrouds with something that does self hit like forbidden rite or siphoning charges too

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve just been so bored waiting for this next league, so I’ve been plugging in utula’s hunger into so many diff builds that I’m messing with and it just fixes so many problems so easily. This makes me worried , does this look like it’s going to get the nerf bat? Or is it good enough that they make it rare and annoying /expensive to get at league start, like a cold point or aegis? I def hope they don’t nerf it, it needs that life to really make it worth using ; maybe at worst they could bring the top end down to 900

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think you're overvaluing it. It's a good starter to midgame piece. It falls off when you need to start building mitigation layers like Fourth Vow or Loreweave plus Eternal Damnation.

I'd be very surprised if it gets a nerf.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I love this part of PoE. Can you figure out what's going on here without reading the comments?

Disclaimer: Jungroan didn't discover this. Like most mechanics, he's popularizing abuse of it.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's the kind of build in d2 that made bowazons fun (to me), no idea whats going on there though. Shitty part being the part where you are standing still

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's the kind of build in d2 that made bowazons fun (to me), no idea whats going on there though. Shitty part being the part where you are standing still
He is spending enough mana such that he can't channel a second stage of Snipe and the skill triggers immediately after the first stage. But he also has high enough mana regen so that the skill starts channeling again almost immediately after triggering.

Couple other things going on. Most importantly: Snipe has a hidden mechanic that the first stage takes half the time as the rest. If you can get the skill to only channel one stage, the skill is effectively 260% more attack speed plus a small more damage multiplier. This was found out by the main developer of PoB Community via frame counting, so that's pretty trustworthy. He said Scourge Arrow was the only other skill with the same first stage half time mechanic.

Less importantly: Snipe has no mechanics that encourage channeling to full like Blade Flurry or Divine Ire. My guess, if they nerf this, is how they'll do it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think anything hit-based will benefit. If you didn't run the risk of hitting the ground arrow limit, storm rain is probably the best.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think there's one generally but for storm rain specifically there's a ground arrow limit, says it on the gem.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For some mechanics, yes, there's a discord. The autists involved with reverse engineering the item drop tiers have their own discord. They started out determining divination card rarity via stacked decks, so it's called...divcord.

Otherwise, it's trial and error, discussion on reddit, watching videos, etc. I have a standard character dedicated to testing out skill mechanics via self poison.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It's called gaming autism, and it is AWESOME!

Not me, though, I am an idiot and just use what other people figure out.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
with this game specifically it blows my mind the shit people figure out. If this brainpower was used for anything productive I’m pretty sure we’d already have cold fusion / sex robots / etc

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
with this game specifically it blows my mind the shit people figure out. If this brainpower was used for anything productive I’m pretty sure we’d already have cold fusion / sex robots / etc

No can do bro, online gambling addictions disguised as games clearly take priority.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

If it was the 1950s those same guys would be unreasonably interested in model trains, hot rods or rockin' tits.