Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know what the base radius on 3.22 Splitting Steel is? Only downside I can see if they made the area damage small enough to make clear anemic and boss hugging annoying.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Anyone know what the base radius on 3.22 Splitting Steel is? Only downside I can see if they made the area damage small enough to make clear anemic and boss hugging annoying.

Base radius is tricky but

1701728045968.png

1701728083684.png

The story I'm telling myself is that it's even better here too.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some of these gems are wild. Like complete unknowns like the Elemental Hit mirror arrows. If you minion scale their damage and gem up to 30+ it could be insane. Old Ele Hit totems used to be the #1 DPS build back in the day.

The bladefalls/blade blasts look awesome. Boneshatter for slow 2handers? Actual smart idea. It means you don't have to do too much recovery shenanigans or stack weird attack speed increases. Conc path Juggs look strong or more likely Chieftains stealing a Jugg endurance ascendancy or Jugg primalist charm.

Are they making RFers use burning arrow instead of fire trap? Is that what I'm seeing? It feels like the olden days. Could be pretty good for ignites. Again I'm fairly average or noob when it comes to DoT shit so I don't know how much it'd really work out, but seems like that's what they want you to use since you won't need to scale +gems and can just purely scale burning/hp.

These are just PART 1. Hopefully there's at least 3 parts. Two seems more likely, but I really like this. There's so much fucking bigbrainer content here for people to figure out crazy shit.

Some of them are just Crucible variants. The Absolution one is word for word which is cool. There was a lot of nice QoL from those things but interacting with the system was window shopping the trade site at best and omega RNG gambling at worst. Think the impale Bladefall is the same. Glad they are keeping around some of the fun ones.

This may the be first league in a while since Expedition where non mageblood self casters have a chance at being more powerful than bows and boners for a bit. Could be some neat shit. Basically all these idiots who launched their tier lists are going to have to rethink everything at least twice this week. Good stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Arc and Divine Ire alts seem interesting. Divine Ire of disintegration = 492.5 avg dmg x 20 at 10 stages (200%x 10) = 9850 damage(!). But you lose out on the area damage while channeling to protect yourself and you're very directional with the beam and all. Maybe pair it with an area spell and cast while channeling? Shock Nova maybe?
Hmmmmmm

Arc of Surging though? Need to see it in action to see how it plays. The other one needs some math since it has a lot lower base damage, but stacking chain with it might be good.

Cleave of Rage - 300% base damage vs 237% currently (I think) + you gain 2 rage on hit + .1 meters per 3 rage. So at 90 rage you'd have +3 meters to range. But you need an axe + sword combo. Playstyle would be: build rage pretty quickly, even as a non-zerker, gain range as you go, then burn it away on berserk. Lather, rinse, repeat. Honestly doesn't sound too bad, other than Cleave itself just being pretty white-bread as a skill.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think Divine Ire Disintegration + Chieftain explode node on Totems could be pretty badass. Helps the clear for sure and will blast bosses.

These were just gems A-D apparently today. So we've got a lot to go. Sad to see that there's only 1 variant for some of these like Absolution, but that's a complicated skill to begin with.

FlickerConcPath Jugg with Doryani's Fist and warcries go? That's a LOT of damage. I'll leave that to Mathil or CaptainLance.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was Divine Ire totems this league and while not quite as powerful as Shockwave totems it did big damage for a fraction of the investment while still playing pretty well. Any buffs to that skill are a-ok with me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Base radius is tricky but

View attachment 503008

View attachment 503009

The story I'm telling myself is that it's even better here too.
I'm relatively certain 3.22 Splitting Steel's base radius is 1m.

Testing methodology: Got a level 17+ Splitting Steel and level whatever Blade Blast. Blade Blast's base radius is 1.4m. If they hit a stationary target(Kuduku) at the same position, then Splitting Steel has a base radius of 1m.

My results were initially a bit weird. I originally tried attacking(with "Always Attack Without Moving" disabled) Kuduku from a diagonal and it looks like the projectile always traveled further than where I clicked. Even though where I clicked forced my character to move. I'm assuming my character was forced to move because where I was clicking was outside the 4.5m travel limit for Splitting Steel.

Anyway, I think because of the way PoE calculates distances, diagonals will always come out longer. Once I tested from a cardinal direction, level 17+ Splitting Steel and any level Blade Blast connected with Kuduku at the same distance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Conc path Juggs look strong or more likely Chieftains stealing a Jugg endurance ascendancy or Jugg primalist charm.

Conc path is a really cool/fun skill that does absolute garbage damage. Not sure the Endurance charge stacking angle will be great. I actually made one of those in 3.20 and it just wasnt very good even with high investment, dont think the alt qual changes that much. Maybe a Slayer Frenzy/Endurance stacking angle, but I would be very interested in playing a Conc Path character that wasn't more than a meme so it would be nice if I'm wrong.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Conc path has high added damage effictivenes, can be exerted, and partial converts. A lot of ways to add damage. It's best slow though so if you make it speedy it's less effective and not worthwhile. Also more modifiers are huge. Especially when you use high base damage shit like Brutus Lead Sceptre.

Raider + Replica Badge might also be a great way to do it. Also something like Malachai's Loop and/or Romira's Banquet with Volls Protection neck. Just insta slurp power charges that become endurance charges. The base play should really be 1-2 APS anyways so you don't need to overdue it on the endurance generation. Again, using Warcries with it can make it very bigly.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I used Xevy's conc totem build as a template to do volcanic fissure totems the league they came out and while you can't see the fucking ground it does some big damage. Getting chieftan splosions would make the general mapping quite a bit better and it already had boss damage.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Probably. Most people use Conc Effect on Conc Path, but if you're not and especially if you used Fist of War it could probably cover an entire screen. If you scaled a large ignite it could definitely prekill packs.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Conc path has high added damage effictivenes, can be exerted, and partial converts. A lot of ways to add damage. It's best slow though so if you make it speedy it's less effective and not worthwhile. Also more modifiers are huge. Especially when you use high base damage shit like Brutus Lead Sceptre.

Raider + Replica Badge might also be a great way to do it. Also something like Malachai's Loop and/or Romira's Banquet with Volls Protection neck. Just insta slurp power charges that become endurance charges. The base play should really be 1-2 APS anyways so you don't need to overdue it on the endurance generation. Again, using Warcries with it can make it very bigly.

Well, I'm gonna be keeping an eye on the trans gems for conc path specifically so I guess we'll see.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think this is a play on words/letters? But if not:

View attachment 503079
Nah, no play on words. I haven't been keeping up on that FAQ. I've really disliked that sort of "living document" that they switched to recently. It seems counterintuitive to building hype if they are going to add more questions and answers to the same url without much fanfare.

I don't see the point to an alphabetical release if it has holes.