Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can also do Splitting Steel Deadeye and respec to Pathfinder when you can afford the requisite pieces that make her actually tanky. Just be prepared to eat a bunch of deaths, especially when trying to hug bosses.

League starting Splitting Steel as Champion just seems better. Even if you're planning to due Splitting Steel Pathfinder later.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can also do Splitting Steel Deadeye and respec to Pathfinder when you can afford the requisite pieces that make her actually tanky. Just be prepared to eat a bunch of deaths, especially when trying to hug bosses.

League starting Splitting Steel as Champion just seems better. Even if you're planning to due Splitting Steel Pathfinder later.

PFs require gear to be tanky? More so than Deadeye? johncreilly.gif

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PFs require gear to be tanky? More so than Deadeye? johncreilly.gif
The suggestion was within the context of not wanting to play poison. Without poison, Pathfinder might have issues getting enough dps. Might, idk, Splitting Steel could carry that hard.

I would say both ascendancies are equally squishy early on. Though, once you get your tri elemental flasks online early in maps, PF can start making a difference.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

• You can now change the name of your character, or swap the names of two of your characters, through the Path of Exile website. Two uses of this service are granted each week, stacking up to a maximum of twenty uses. You can access this through the My Account page.
Now Jonkimble Jonkimble can really take his time coming up with new and creative genitalia references.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh god the Flickerstrikers. Oh god the Reddit "how I defense" posts. They're coming. THEY'RE COMING!

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With Flickerstrike don't you just let Jesus take the wheel?

edit -

1701813021086.png

This looks pretty crazy?

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Probably trickster 80% chaos res hybrid shit. Constant ES leech and polymath healing should be good for mapping. Bosses could be difficult unless used in tandem with Phantasm Curse (polymath OP here).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Gonna be some badass Mjolnir shit this patch. Flicker Mjolnir perhaps even.

So many builds and abilities that look great. Guarantee there's no less than 10 boss one shotters that come out of this for under 25 div budget because of interactions with wonky Trans stuff.

Really interesting stuff with ward loopers (yes they work still), Spellslinger, and CoC stuff. I'm thinking Sab with trigger bots gets a big boost this league. It'll be interesting seeing how many hardcore boys go impale spell Champs as well. Just overall a really great meta shift and definitely something the game needed.

But don't worry, all the Reddit retards will still ask about how to optimize their shit RF, Tornado shot, SRS, Boneshatter, and OF COURSE Detonate Dead builds constantly. It's like those kids you know growing up who only eat macaroni and cheese and pizza for every meal when there's an entire delicious world out there, but they only know the safety of their shitty known comfort zone stuff.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im hoping lancing steel is a good CoC trigger for melee weapons thats not cyclone, hate the move speed. With new buffed energy blade + spellblade +battlemage.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
whelp guess i know what im doing

View attachment 503142
I'm waiting on someone else to do the math for this. Probably poison (with tincture)
You lose 185->130 base damage, 1->0.85 atk spd, 40->50 less damage projectiles and 100ish flat for this every 5 attack thing, makes it really obscure.

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Molten strike of zenith with a 4 link earthquake of amplification?

• 1Mother of God

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Out of all the new stuff we have seen I just want to get lucky and get the new frostblink in my normal lab and use it, normally, as a no cd teleport for my playthrough

• 1Worf

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Swinging a Rakiata to invert resistances after you primed the pump before engaging the boss or right after its invul phase.

BOOOOOOOOOM
But is that better than preloading 18 Earthshatter spikes now? Or EQ of amp with a 4 second duration?? Or Sunder hitting all of the penance mark adds???

ezgif-7-6587878fd451.gif

Xevy

Log Wizard
So here's the thing no one is mentioning and I'm not sure anyone understands one way or the other:

1701820719074.png

So that's the lab font. Looks like Merc lab. That second line SEEMS to imply that it takes the gem you put in, and gives you a Transfigured version OF THAT GEM. For most of the gems there's one version and some two. This doesn't seem like the gems will be rare at all unless for some reason one version has a 80% occurrence and the others have 20% or something dumb like that. I'm also fairly confident that that is recipe we'll see in NORMAL lab as it means you can only blast gems you'd have access to at that time so it makes sense mechanically.

If this is the case, which I think it is, this whole "if we can get the gem" thing is nonsense. I don't think these are supposed to be rare like alt qual, they're just new gems without them having to add new gems. We're SUPPOSED to have access to them as they feel they're all appropriately balanced versus the normal gem rather than just straight "gooder" like several alt quals were.

• 1Solidarity