Path of Exile

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
was a pretty good weekend hit 70 with Ding. starting to farmish up. where you at vitality?

but that physical link or wtf ever it is kinda gay imo.

Vitality

HUSTLE
was a pretty good weekend hit 70 with Ding. starting to farmish up. where you at vitality?

but that physical link or wtf ever it is kinda gay imo.
Having a hard time bothering to log in, Krassus and the boyz are going pretty hard in the WoW guild so I'm trying to compete there right now.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
For anyone in the guild playing Bloodlines league:

If you come across any wands or shields with +lightning gem level, I'd be happy to buy them off of you. Preferably looking for something in the level 40-60ish range. I used the same damn lvl 3 blue wand for 42 levels, just because it had +1 level on it(no other stats), and I just finally found a wand that *barely* beats it out for an arc/tendril build, but I have no doubt that any level 40+ wand with at least +1 level on it would beat what I currently have.

I don't have a ton of wealth yet (I'm only level 45 on my first character) but I have a few chaos/alchs I'd be happy to toss your way if you need them (and a few extra decent gems support gems like Faster Casting)

Krag

Peasant
I'll keep an eye out for those. Out of curiosity (don't know the build) do you use both arc and tendrils? I used tendrils until about level 35 for leveling and it was very good for that, but it seems to me that at high levels arc and tendrils would sort of fill the same role (as in spread damage).

Vitality

HUSTLE
Tendrils one shots huge packs of mobs for me, Arc is good for if I need long range attacks or to send my zombies at specific targets.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Tendrils one shots huge packs of mobs for me, Arc is good for if I need long range attacks or to send my zombies at specific targets.
That's basically what I've been doing. Tendrils still seems better for single-target DPS, or if a huge amount of mobs get right up in my face. I generally try to Arc everything before it gets to me, and also still Arc bosses that are dangerous to be close to(Vaal), even though it's a slower kill, it's safer. Just as a DPS comparison, with no support gems at the start of Cruel at level 40(both gems in a +1 lightning gem level wand), my Arc DPS was about 550, Tendrils was 1100. Tendrils are nuts, but not the safest thing to use with their short range.

And praise the lord for one of my crappy lvl 3 crafting vendors having a Cast When Damage Taken gem sitting on it for sale for 1 chaos. YOINK. I've never actually had access to a CWDT gem at level 31 when it becomes usable, I usually don't get one until much, much later in the game.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah that was off of Eleron right? Vagan sells the multistrike gem which is absolute bonkers for me, hopefully I can find one.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know when this drops in March I am going to go in hard so It will be worth the wait. My guild leader was asking the same thing if we were going to play and I think they decided on just going in big in March also, should be fucking awesome.

Flameblast <3

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
This league will be up until act 4 is released and march isn't set in stone (per GGG)

The new gems are really interesting and make the beginning really fast.

Minus phylactery and order of the frozen skies these leagues are the best path of exile has ever had.

Even if you feel reserved on playing i suggest trying them out in your spare time.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's basically what I've been doing. Tendrils still seems better for single-target DPS, or if a huge amount of mobs get right up in my face. I generally try to Arc everything before it gets to me, and also still Arc bosses that are dangerous to be close to(Vaal), even though it's a slower kill, it's safer. Just as a DPS comparison, with no support gems at the start of Cruel at level 40(both gems in a +1 lightning gem level wand), my Arc DPS was about 550, Tendrils was 1100. Tendrils are nuts, but not the safest thing to use with their short range.

And praise the lord for one of my crappy lvl 3 crafting vendors having a Cast When Damage Taken gem sitting on it for sale for 1 chaos. YOINK. I've never actually had access to a CWDT gem at level 31 when it becomes usable, I usually don't get one until much, much later in the game.
gotta keep an eye out for spell echo as well.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
gotta keep an eye out for spell echo as well.
Yeah, I had one show up last night, but didn't have a regal to purchase it, someone in the guild snagged it off of my vendor though. Glad someone is going to use it before the inventory switched over and it was lost.

Tendrils are nuts FYI. I'm level 51-ish, I think my tendrils are lvl 12 or so. I've got it linked with nothing but faster casting, and it's doing 2900 DPS, which absolutely melts anything on Cruel difficulty. Killed Vaal with only 1 submerge, and killed the big Weaver spider before she even retracted to the ceiling once. Can't imagine what it would be doing in a + gem level 3-link with both echo and faster casting. Probably be 4000+ DPS, which is crazy to have before you even get to Merciless difficulty.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Welp, got scammed of all my chaos on Torment. Guy had verified rise of the phoenix up, made an offer, he invited me to party. Went to his hideout, he put Rise of the Phoenix in trade, I put currency and traded. However, it wasn't a rise of the phoenix, it was a corrupted rare.

As an ex-Eve player, you would think I would be more careful.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
As someone who hasn't played it yet but is looking for something to do during the winter vacation, what happens in march ?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
As someone who hasn't played it yet but is looking for something to do during the winter vacation, what happens in march ?
Get it man, it's a blast and it's 100% free, so what's the harm? Playing now will give you time to get familiar with the game just in time for the big Act 4 expansion next Spring

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp, got scammed of all my chaos on Torment. Guy had verified rise of the phoenix up, made an offer, he invited me to party. Went to his hideout, he put Rise of the Phoenix in trade, I put currency and traded. However, it wasn't a rise of the phoenix, it was a corrupted rare.

As an ex-Eve player, you would think I would be more careful.
Don't you have to scroll over the item to confirm the trade in the first place!?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Get it man, it's a blast and it's 100% free, so what's the harm? Playing now will give you time to get familiar with the game just in time for the big Act 4 expansion next Spring
This game if you want to have fun takes a good understanding of the skills, supports, and tree. Since all of those are huge I think that's really good advice. You can see when they release the notes before the expac how the meta has shifted and whats going to be OP.

I would start with whether you like melee or ranged, caster or ranger, and then look at the guides in the class forums on their OF.