Path of Exile

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Welp, got scammed of all my chaos on Torment. Guy had verified rise of the phoenix up, made an offer, he invited me to party. Went to his hideout, he put Rise of the Phoenix in trade, I put currency and traded. However, it wasn't a rise of the phoenix, it was a corrupted rare.

As an ex-Eve player, you would think I would be more careful.
You have to hover over every item to trade. I've had more then a few people try that but I learned that to check for that trick during my Diablo days.

khalid

Unelected Mod
You have to hover over every item to trade. I've had more then a few people try that but I learned that to check for that trick during my Diablo days.
Yeah, like I said, I fucked up. I usually am very careful. My eve days made me paranoid. But, I had just logged on, saw a shield for a good price but not a crazy good price, and was super excited to try and get it. So hurried the trade and fucked myself.

No biggie, I'm back rolling in the cash, sold some good items today and got myself a real shield this time.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What are some good builds this time around?

I just ripped my flameblast templar at level 37 in imperial garden normal lol. I did like 4 doublestrike chars in Beyond so I dunno if I want to do a doublestrike this league. Preferably not totems since I did that in Beyond and for about 600 hours in beta on my sporker before that. Did a couple arc witches in Beyond too.

I never got around to doing a tornado shot build and i've heard a lot of people saying it's awesome. How hard is it to do self-found (trading and whatnot but without a full set of gear/gems as handmedowns to start)? Any of the new skills fun/viable?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tornado shot should be fine self found - and it is pretty strong. I'd avoid double strike / melee all together, as some of the bloodlines are a nice middle finger (again) to melee. Arc/Tendrils is also pretty strong, I'd say give that a shot too.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
People are having a lot of success with static strike melee. Judging from the streams it seems to be very powerful and self-found friendly.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
On a side note, if you play on Steam, the PoE booster pack only costs 462 gems - a pretty good deal given a lot of the cards sell for $.15 cents or more so if you have extra gems lying around it's worth making boosters.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Finally found a +2 lightning gem level dagger last night at the start of Merciless. Unfortunately, it's other main stat is +110% physical damage, lol. Still a huge DPS upgrade over the ~50% spell damage that was on my normal wand. Lvl 59 now and Arc is doing 2700 DPS with 5 chains(arc+faster+penetration, still need an echo to swap out over penetration), and Lightning Tendrils(tendrils+faster, its only 2-linked) is doing 3800DPS (it took a bit of the hit from the spell damage loss, while not being able to benefit from the +gem level). All this in Bloodlines league where I've spent at least half(if not more) of my skill points on survivability nodes(health, ES, etc), so it's not like I'm loaded up on DPS nodes or anything.

Only problem now is, Arc is melting the entire screen so fast, almost nothing gets close enough to me to use tendrils #firstworldPOEproblems

The base DPS of those two spells, with mediocre gear, is just nuts. I'm only basically using 1 linked gem with each spell that effects the paper DPS. If I actually 4-linked one of them with like faster/echo and a crit gem or empower it would be nuts. If I actually had a stockpile of gems and gear like I would mid-league I could easily see the DPS of either spell being double at this point. I'm already 1-shotting all normal mobs, and blue packs die in a couple seconds(usually before I can even read what type they are), so I can't imagine what a well-rounded build would be like. I'm on the ghetto build at the moment and its crazy.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Tornado shot should be fine self found - and it is pretty strong. I'd avoid double strike / melee all together, as some of the bloodlines are a nice middle finger (again) to melee. Arc/Tendrils is also pretty strong, I'd say give that a shot too.
I dunno, the only bloodline I can see being close to the middle finger some of the beyond packs were is the obelisks one but I just started playing the league and haven't gotten up to merciless yet to see if they get rougher.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I dunno, the only bloodline I can see being close to the middle finger some of the beyond packs were is the obelisks one but I just started playing the league and haven't gotten up to merciless yet to see if they get rougher.
There's the Herald of the frozen sky mod which apparently is getting nerfed because no one can figure out how to properly balance the damage on those mods as usual.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
aaaaaand I'm dead

To add insult to injury, it was about 2 minutes after I had just opened a +7 item arcanist strongbox that had 3 chaos, 2 alchs, 1 regal, and 2 regret gems in it. Sent them all straight to standard league along with my nice new dagger that i hadnt used for even an hour total yet, lol

Not to mention I had just got a nice 4L CWDT setup going with molten shell, temp chains and a decoy totem. Took a while to get all of those as quest rewards to flesh it all out. Oh well.

I've still yet to step foot into a map in any hardcore league, I've leveled probably 20-30 characters up into the lvl 60-70 range and always lose them in merciless difficulty somewhere...

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The chaos bond in merc will be brutal unless you are CI or really luck out on chaos res gear as a melee. That shit melts you fast.

Don't worry about it too much joe, took me awhile to break into maps as well, and I played since onslaught. Just gotta get a feel for which situations to nope out of.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
aaaaaand I'm dead

To add insult to injury, it was about 2 minutes after I had just opened a +7 item arcanist strongbox that had 3 chaos, 2 alchs, 1 regal, and 2 regret gems in it. Sent them all straight to standard league along with my nice new dagger that i hadnt used for even an hour total yet, lol

Not to mention I had just got a nice 4L CWDT setup going with molten shell, temp chains and a decoy totem. Took a while to get all of those as quest rewards to flesh it all out. Oh well.

I've still yet to step foot into a map in any hardcore league, I've leveled probably 20-30 characters up into the lvl 60-70 range and always lose them in merciless difficulty somewhere...
should of used immortal call bro.

Krag

Peasant
Was eventually planning on it, hadn't found one yet. First few characters in a new league is always pretty ghetto for me, gear-wise
I always end up stashing all kinds of random gems, so if you miss stuff and it's not in the guild stash either, feel free to check in guild chat (or post here).