Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Best feature for an ARPG to be added for Act 4, Item Filters:
Forum - Announcements - Item Filters - Path of Exile

It's script based, so entirely customizable, can change color or add sounds alerts to certain drops, and can white list or black list everything so it only displays stuff that you would want.

Edit: Too slow
frown.png

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Wow

Not only are they adding something that's been needed since day one in every single one of these games, they're doing it right by letting us customize it completely.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Good, maybe now you guys will play for a week instead of 5 days. I haven't seen a non-afk soul in 4 months

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
chaos golem?
Yeah that teaser too, though no details provided, but it'll probably finally be the "big unique summon" like Golem in D2. They added Animate Guardian but it was kinda meh, and they ended up having to add Animate Guardian crafting mod to get the gear back and even then most people don't bother, even though from what I've read, with some fairly cheap uniques, it's pretty strong. But then again, so are 8-10zombies with multistrike/meleephys with hatred+haste+flesh offering, in fact they're a ton stronger since there's 8-10 of them.

I'm almost done with the 1month challenge shit, I fucking ripped at 79.5 like a retard on my summoner so I had to reroll, now 77 tornado archer and got all the other achievements, I kinda want the helm because of no /hide helm feature in poe and some of the helms you use look dumb as shit.

Now I'm excited for Act4 but I need to clear my backlog before it releases, which should be fine since it seems like 1+month away, so I should have enough time to finish Type 0, do Bloodborne and then play the other PoE.

Ryanz

<Banned>
omg, the past 2 days or so I was thinking to myself that I wish I had something to filter items and change the colors, mainly due to the fact I'm trying to find specific white items to chance into uniques and having to scan an entire screen of white items each time you kill a pack is not very fun, or pleasing to the eye. GGG must have been reading my mind or something. This is really awesome!

Ryanz

<Banned>
Also, GGG has been updating a photo of something/someone athttp://www.pathofexile.com/beast. Each day they make the image a little more clear. People are speculating that the person pictured is Koams (due mainly to the over sized shoulder pad it seems the person displayed is wearing). I have no idea about PoE lore (I just skip that shit like most people), but here's a picture of Koams from their PoE comic:

rrr_img_94065.jpg

Here's the image currently on their beast website (spoilered for size):

rrr_img_94066.jpg

Looks pretty badass. I'm totally on the hype train for this
biggrin.png

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wont be on any hype train until they show us their new ideas for end game. Maps are boring as fuck now. The idea of risk vs reward is broken now that carto boxes exist and drop rates in general increased. Its just not an interesting system anymore.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Who is Koam? All I know about him is that he has a bunch of items named after him. Is he some kind've uber badass?

Caliane

Koam was the Karui king.

History of Wraeclast - Path of Exile Wiki

Tribal/Barbarians/Mongols.

Invaded Wraeclast. Defeated Marcus Lioneye at Lioneye's watch.
Shavronne erected a barrier at the prison and created/left Brutus to defend it.
They failed to beat him, and were also stopped at the Siren's by Merviel.

But took over the coast.
Over time they were corrupted by the virtue gems, and Cataclysm.
Koam was thought to have died after being corrupted. Hyrri lead the Karui back out of Wraeclast. but some stayed, they are the ancestors of the act 2 people.

Weathered Carving, The Coves: Kaom is gone. Our King has taken our finest five hundred warriors and descended into the depths of Wraeclast.
Weathered Carving, The Coves: "Hyrri has made ready her canoes. We will take those that are left, five hundred forgotten families, and carry them back to their true homes. Back to Ngamakanui
This was 300 years before the start of the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's Kaom, not Koam. And yeah he's basically the old Karui king, Karui being the Marauder guys, big muscly tribal guys, which are really just the Maori from New Zealand. They mostly fell to the corruption when they came to Wraeclast to wage war against Emperor Chitus, sometimes during the Cataclysm which destroyed everything, so it'll be interesting to know what happened since it seems he'll be a fairly central figure of the new act.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I actually kinda like PoE's lore/story, it's not entirely original, but it's a change compared to the grimdark high fantasy of Diablo and thank god they don't shove it in your face, just sprinkle it here and there and it's concise and vague enough to let you fill in the blanks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damnit I thought Act4 was due like next week. Jonesing for some ARPG.
More like in a month. Chris said he's on a flight to the US atm *wink wink*, which means they're starting the promotion stuff for a week, so we'll probably get some real news next friday when the NDA is lifted for journalists and stuff. After that, expect one month more to go, or at least that's roughly how it went last times.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I expected it to launch right after the current league finishes, which is in 2 weeks :-/

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They usually give a week or two after a challenge league before they implement a new league/expansion - I'd say 2 weeks after the 1m league is a safe bet. The QoL improvements alone they're implementing will make it worth the wait imo.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
They usually give a week or two after a challenge league before they implement a new league/expansion - I'd say 2 weeks after the 1m league is a safe bet. The QoL improvements alone they're implementing will make it worth the wait imo.
cary to expand on what QoL improvements other then filter?

Ryanz

<Banned>
cary to expand on what QoL improvements other then filter?
Chat window can be resized, font size adjusted. When in a party the players names show up on the map instead of just markers. I also think they mentioned something about being able to see the min/max rolls of each mod on an item so you can see where your rolls are comparatively. Those are just a few off the top of my head.