Path of Exile

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Messing around in the beta after not playing for quite a while, would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a cheap cyclone duelist build?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
People on reddit seem to be loving the deterministic lockstep mode. Granted, you need <100ms to run this properly -- but I'm even seeing reports of guys at 100-150 enjoying it. The one issue I'm seeing are people with unstable connections... if your ping sporadically jumps to 200 then det. lockstep is going to suck. But I think that'd probably be true for predictive.

Semi-related, it blows my mind how many of my friends use wifi instead of a cable. 90 percent of ping issues is probably wifi in apartments being bad.

edit: skill gems added to vendors. Can't really think of what a self-found player would need to trade for anymore. Assuming the divination card system works well for the "long-haul" hunts. A quick poll of my veteran ARPG self-found friend, he said he wouldn't mind beginning a "multi-month quest to get an uber unique" with the expectation that he can see measurable progress.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not all gems are buyable, mostly it's quest rewards and some key build gems, but a lot of high end gems are still drop only so you'd need to trade for these. That said, it's a huge improvement over having to trade overpriced shit at the start of a league at level 20-25 or having to level another class through normal just to get spare gems.

Vitality

HUSTLE
okay so Lockstep makes this a completely new game

Also melee splash and added fire at level 10 for a transmute each don't mind if I do.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
okay so Lockstep makes this a completely new game

Also melee splash and added fire at level 10 for a transmute each don't mind if I do.
I really want all mods to be a permanent league. So much variety and cool stuff all packed in one. Sure it can lead to some unbalanced areas in both directions but that just adds to the fun.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So Act 4 is pretty light on content, are they planning to add more to the Beta or is it going to be held out until live?

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Think they said the rest is coming later in a couple of weeks or something, they're still finishing it.
Cool I likes the new zones I thought that Kaom was pretty large it definitely needs a lot more quest content for such a huge zone. I really liked the Daresso zone but it needs a lot more bosses in the arenas. But the action pace in that zone is perfect.

Game in general question, since I was playing beta and did not care about my character, I decided to do the betrayal quests in act 2 for the permanent stat buff. What do you guys normally do? Are the stats worth the 3 passive points you give up? Whenever I theory craft I never have enough passives but I also have never maxed a character out either.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well it depends on the build, you basically compare what 1 pt is worth on average versus the stat you can get. On normal Oak still gives a lot of health, the +1 charge in merc is generally worth it if your build use charges and the physical or attackspeed ones in cruel are worth it depending on build. They buffed castspeed too from Alira so it's probably worth it if your build is very castspeed centric(for example SRS). Going all stats is a safe way to do it, though on HC normal Oak is generally considered standard. You can eventually respec if you feel you've made a terrible mistake, but it's very expensive(it's like 20regrets or some crap).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
RIP level 78 witch with 5link pledge of hands etc... fucking Abaxoth stunlocked me and ripped me through my 6k of pot mashing before i could alt-f4 or run offscreen.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
No, not really. I wasn't trying to fight him tho, he popped up on my sea witches map and said bye to me =D.

Not sure if i'm gonna roll another char or not on the league. Only 11 days left and i'm dirt poor after spending all my currency to get that 5link pledge set up. Have a ton of items to trade/sell but the league is pretty dead as far as trading.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's so quiet being online all alone in standard Q_Q

So, how do I get an Acuity without giving part of my paycheck to China?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I am a day shift gamer, I haven't seen anyone for a month.

I run atziti sets and know tons of people who do as well just for exp and to help people out, if you have a bunch of sets I can do them or get them done. It could be done in 5 turns but that's mega millions lotto winner type of luck/rng.

Prolly be faster to just buy the ex and then buy the item.

kitsune

They gated even attempting uber atziri behind such a stupid grind, right? And then you have the 1/100 drop or whatever. I hope they become way more available so us mortals can buy them in 2.0 but right now I'm not holding my breath

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Almost up to level 75 on my double strike duelist. Using staff this time instead of an axe or sword. 4800ish hps. Still got a lot of upgrading on gear to do but the 1mhc is pretty dead (my 427 dps staff is literally the best phys staff on the league so I just bought an ilvl 79 and now i'm trying to craft one lol... 400 alts down, nothing even worth a regal yet).

kitsune

Shiiiet they're adding new t1 affixes after all. All they have to do now is convert eternal orbs to exalts and delete them from the game, so you can actually find rare items that aren't garbage because KING_RMT has assembled fifty godjirron orbs ready to craft Loath Bane 2.0

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Shiiiet they're adding new t1 affixes after all. All they have to do now is convert eternal orbs to exalts and delete them from the game, so you can actually find rare items that aren't garbage because KING_RMT has assembled fifty godjirron orbs ready to craft Loath Bane 2.0
I can't tell if you're complaining about poopsocking or the odds of RNG spitting out an uber-rare drop. What would the orb drop rate have to do with finding a rare?