Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think the point he's trying to make is a market filled with eternaled, exalted, mirrored gear devalue's really good "dropped" rares because no one is going to pay 40 ex for a dropped rare when they can save more and buy a perfectly rolled, divined, t1 mirrored item.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Think the point he's trying to make is a market filled with eternaled, exalted, mirrored gear devalue's really good "dropped" rares because no one is going to pay 40 ex for a dropped rare when they can save more and buy a perfectly rolled, divined, t1 mirrored item.
I guess that's fair -- my attention span for this genre doesn't last long enough to play Standard. I exclusively play the HC-variant challenge league; so I really can't grasp the concerns of people for whom mirror-gear balance is relevant.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Imagine standard as the PoE version of IRL hoarders
Enough people play it that I'm glad it exists; its clearly an important part of GGGs bottom line. But holy hell, I can not fathom why the game would be even remotely fun under those conditions.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Imagine standard as the PoE version of IRL hoarders
I like standard in the sense that you can make incredibly strong builds over time and it's not just for those who go 16 hours a day in temp leagues. I like the temp leagues too but even getting to 90 I'm not among the crowd that gets wealthy enough quickly in such a league.

My point was simply that eternal orbs allow you to create items that are too good, obviously in standard and not in temporary leagues. I think for sure someone should be able to get really good gear just all these cloned GG-weapons make it lackluster. There is, however a market for non-super items as a lot of people play standard that don't want to play the more competitive leagues, even new players. I just rolled a fairly good ambusher yesterday for 25 ex, for example

On standard though, I've been able to try a lot of cool builds using shav's and whatnot. It's really a great playground since all my characters that die end up there any way.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you mean the expansion, they've already said it's early july at best. It's not nearly finished yet.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chris did say he was working on 2.0 patch notes this weekend... so there's hope for not "too" late

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I still don't understand the complaint about mirrored items or eternal orbs... how does it negatively impact you if someone wants to spend 1500 exalts trying to get 6 t1 rolls? Back in closed beta (or maybe it was open beta) I spent a few hundred alts on an ES helm, got two t1's eventually, regal'd another t1, then yolo exalted 3 more times (this was before eternals even existed I think, maybe they were just still new and almost non-existant), ended up with 5 t1 rolls and a t2 roll for a grand total of less than 4 exalts. The helmet ended up almost identical to the 6t1 mirror es helm at the time (maybe there is a new one now?) with 3 t1 resists, two t1 ES rolls and a t2 int roll... no eternals used.

People being able to save the hassel of alt/regaling isn't going to stop mirror items from existing, all it does is mean they have to burn through more individual items instead of dumping all their currency on that one individual item. These items aren't even the problem, you in no way shape or form need them to play the game all the way through any and all content and fucking obliterate shit as you do it. The problem is the vast majority of players seem to think actually using currency in poe is some kind of fucking devastating blow that you should be executed for.

Shit, I watched a video on youtube of, I think, Hegemony crafting onto a sword he found that had like 4 t1 rolls (dropped that way for him)... In the course of the video he used 4 eternals and 4 exalts... and moaned and sighed and cried like a giant vagina every time it bricked and made a huge deal about all the eternals and exalts he had used on his stream up through each of the four... Meanwhile, the dude had about fucking 80 eternals and 400 exalts in his stash along with probably 10,000 worth of exalts in maps/other currency/items.

I see the shit all the time in global too whenever people are linking their crafting there. People end up seemingly on the verge of tears over it when I exalt some random item with decent/good rolls (I triple yolo exalted a harbinger bow that I regal'd to having t1 cold damage, t1 fire damage and t1 crit chance... First roll was t2 or t3 flat phys (24-42) even tho I was hoping for t1 lightning. Then I exalted 9 dex and 18 cold resist on it to finish it off and the tears began. About 7 different people spent 15 minutes spamming me with tells about how I ruined the item/wasted my exalts/blah blah blah.

Anyways, point is, currency exists to be spent and people will end up with GG mirror items whether they have eternals or not. Hell, right before I did the bow I yolo exalted a GG pair of boots I have that are almost perfect and dropped that way. T1 fire res, T1 light res, 17% rarity (t1), 20% movespeed (sadly not 30), 63 life (i think it's t3 or something) with a suffix open to master-craft cold res... but I yolo exalted them and got t1 cold res instead. Very close to perfect boots, 0 eternals necessary. Also i'm pretty sure any GG dropped items that aren't quite mirror-worthy will still sell, maybe not for retard amounts like 40ex+ but that's because you're trying to break into the 1% market at that kind of price point. Maybe price things reasonably and watch it fly off the shelves (assuming you can get someone to see it through the massive standard trade chat spam lol, that shit is rediculous).

khalid

Unelected Mod
Just a simple explanation, but suppose someone spends 1500 exalts to make a perfect weapon. They can then charge hundreds of exalts for mirrors of this item, making them richer over time. It is also becomes a quasi-monopoly, because while someone else could spend 1500 exalts to copy the effort, even if they succeeded they would end up simply sharing the profits with the original guy. Now they could try and create their own perfect item of another type. Sure, but again, the original maker of the weapon (or others that have perfect items) are also going to be using their huge currency income to make their own.

Given enough time, suddenly you have perfect weapons available in every slot, essentially a monopoly that concentrates currency amongst the very rich and makes it very hard for anyone else to accumulate the huge amounts that these people have. These people will then use their huge currency levels to buy out other items, etc.

Also, it ends up forcing the game to be balanced around these perfect weapons. While not everyone might be able to spend 1500 exalts to make a perfect weapon, the mirror cost is much much easier to get. So suddenly that perfect weapon is much more easily attainable, much easier than the designers probably planned on.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Khaid isn't that only valid for standard? Where balance is intentionally out of whack anyway? Besides that perfect items are only really useful to people who want them. 99% of us are perfectly happy with an item at 5% less power for 90% less cost.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The game is most certainly not balanced around mirror-worthy items, just like the game isn't balanced around legacy items. You don't need a Legacy shavronne or legacy kaom's heart and mirrored items in every other slot to be able to run 78 maps or atziri and i'm pretty sure the developers have stated multiple times that they actively don't consider GG items when it comes to balance. The devs themselves consider a 6-linked item a privilege/convenience which tells me that they don't even balance things around those (which are a hell of a lot more common than a mirror-worthy item or some of the crazy legacy items).

Of course the people who end up with these weapons will become rich as people work their way up the food chain and become able to afford them or craft their own. Just like the people who play 14 hours a day on the temp leagues and have 45 stash pages of miscellaneous decent rares/uniques on the temp leagues and end up selling them to everyone else who is playing catch-up end up super rich on their respective leagues.

I haven't played standard in a long long time but i'm pretty sure rich people don't run rampant through trade-chat buying out everything so that nobody else can play the game or progress past merciless ledge. Worst case scenario is they buy up the ones that people are trying to quick-sell at below market value and then relist them at normal prices for an easy profit since they have the bankroll to do it (much like the business model of pawn shops).

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Devs don't balance around GG gear and standard is a silly place for silly men. Also, large content patch coming tuesday for 2.0 -- first time we'll get to play with div cards.

khalid

Unelected Mod
While it is true that GGG has said they don't balance around really high-end gear, I take that with a grain of salt. They quite clearly have nerfed very expensive builds plenty of times and they are actually adding gear with affixes past the current GG gear. Also, if you have ever tried to play standard, you would see that the economy is absolutely beyond fucked, with plenty of gear being monopolized.

However, I do agree that Standard sucks. I play pretty much exclusively the challenge leagues, where all that shit doesn't matter.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think you misunderstood me. I simply believe the best possible loot should be down to rng not crafting.

On another note, if anyone wants to sell Mj?lner / Voll's Devotion in standard let me know. I still have a fair bit of exalts to spend after I sold off my spectral throw gear. ingame name is Adelyssa or Maiiav currently

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
You might get lucky today for the amulet, I'm chancing about 300 of them with another 100 scour orbs. If for some RNG reason I get two, you can have one to use.

And if anyone has a mjolner on standard, I would love to use one for a few weeks or buy it if you don't like kitsune!

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Anyone got any extra beta keys? Got friends who are tempted to try again but I don't want them to play 1.3; 2.0 is so much better.

Krag

Peasant
This exiles everywhere weekend league that's starting seems like as good an "excuse" as any for me to play around a bit while waiting for the awakening. I usually play hardcore, but I'm wondering if this league is just too insane for that. I haven't tried this league before but I gather they have run it prior, so does anyone with some experience with it have some pointers?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
This exiles everywhere weekend league that's starting seems like as good an "excuse" as any for me to play around a bit while waiting for the awakening. I usually play hardcore, but I'm wondering if this league is just too insane for that. I haven't tried this league before but I gather they have run it prior, so does anyone with some experience with it have some pointers?
I'm not sure what your experience background is with POE but you probably shouldn't play hardcore with lots of exiles until you can recognize which ones will OHKO you and you should run screaming in the other direction. Most exiles aren't to dangerous and some are dangerous depending on your setup but there are a few who will straight fuck you up, rip your head off and shit down the throat of your thrice raped corpse.

The ground slam exile was able to OHKO me off screen. I think he was affected by a massive shrine.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Ohh my god the shrines have fucked me this temp league. Must of had 10 uniques drop before level 15 and each death has been due to a fucked up shrine with 7 exiles just waiting to gank my ass.

You really just need to know what every exile does and how often it does it. It's VERY easy to get raped on a normal hardcore if you dont pay attention but with a league like this, you spend a lot of energy keeping focus and that minor non game thought could get you back to level 1.

This is fun, I love it. I'm super glad it's a void league but they could have made it a 5 day for sure. It's just another month or two/three/four of filler till they fix their code.

Move speed on boots/potion, Resists, hp, cast/attack speed will get you to level 80+ in 3 days.