Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
And that's still pretty fast.

I don't think the 1-100 is too long though, I think it's about right, maybe even too short in some cases(mostly groups), it's just the pre map experience is really annoying but maps start so late now that you're already in the slow leveling part of the whole thing by the time you start maps.

Another thing they could do is just add D3's rifts. No fancy mechanics or anything, just go to the map device in normal(obviously it'd need to be there) and drop a TP scroll in there or whatever, and you get a random generic no affix map, capped at 60 or whatever. Basically, you get maps gameplay(randomized monsters), with randomized map tiles, with no loot or xp bonus specifically, to replace normal leveling. You would still have to do the skill points quests later on, but that's pretty quick. Have Zana spawn in these too so you can start leveling Zana faster and get a map thingie in your hideout earlier so you don't have to constantly go to act3 while leveling.

Honestly, I think this solution would take very minimal effort to implement, and would fix a lot of the boredom of leveling.
Actually I wonder how many players does PoE get because it's basically D2 without the box price and I wonder how many people that played D2 made it to Hell Baal. GGG keep saying how much the game is growing, so there has to be a large part of the playerbase playing through it for the first time.

I do think maps are criminally underused feature, they haven't changed much since launch I believe, besides some rescaling and mod tuning. You start a map and when you get bored, you either quit or put in another. Every single one has the same goal, unique maps are really rare unless you resort to trading. Let us upgrade talismans, by putting them in with a map or give us a reusable map with a stone circle at least so I don't have to run around Dried Lake like an idiot to find 5 of them when I need to clear out my talisman tab.

Caliane

threw a ilvl 73 maraketh bow in the SC tali guild stash. you were asking about them the other day.
just a 5s, 4links. nothing special.

Bow
can get tyrannical. (merciless is 83)
temper. (flaring is 77)
socketed gems and bow gems
top elementals are 74 and 75. but I dont think you wanted elem.

of incision. top crit%
attack speed. top
of destr. top crit mult

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
threw a ilvl 73 maraketh bow in the SC tali guild stash. you were asking about them the other day.
just a 5s, 4links. nothing special.

Bow
can get tyrannical. (merciless is 83)
temper. (flaring is 77)
socketed gems and bow gems
top elementals are 74 and 75. but I dont think you wanted elem.

of incision. top crit%
attack speed. top
of destr. top crit mult
I grabbed it thanks.

I am making progress well enough. I am 65 and on Act 3 of Merciless. I have done every single quest up to this point so I won't have to go back and finish any of them.

I was told that the CA thread I was following is gear from last league and that kind of sucks.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I grabbed it thanks.

I am making progress well enough. I am 65 and on Act 3 of Merciless. I have done every single quest up to this point so I won't have to go back and finish any of them.

I was told that the CA thread I was following is gear from last league and that kind of sucks.
It's still pretty much the same tree and doesn't matter, you can kill anything with a 4 link if you get the right bow. Don't worry too much about it and don't he afraid to spend a few extra hours in dried lake till your eyes bleed then hit those maps and master missions!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have a 4 link with +1 to gems right now.

It looks like anywhere from 2 EX - 6 EX for a truly amazing bow. Is that a lot? A little?

Caliane

alot.

Depending on how aggressively you trade.

my scion is 84 this league.
I have 2 exalts. that is unusually lucky.
maybe 50-60chaos. with activelly doing the choas recipe.

PoE Currency // Talisman
1 exalt is about 84 chaos atm.

Theres a few soft core bow users clearly in the sc guild. stash has been filled with extra bows.
I was using someones leftovers for quite a while. Just swapped to an imperial crafted yesterday. Mediocre bow though.

what does your build call for exactly?
I'm doing elem seige ballista. so use tri elem on it. no phys. RT, no accuracy or crit either.

Made an alt, which is abit all over the place atm. not sure what I want to do with it. Shadow, making use of barrage, and the Volley fire I got.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I got extraordinarily lucky that I found an ex on my flame totem in dried lakes then another one on my wild strike in dried lakes. I also got a 1ex item drop to use on my wild striker so I didn't have to buy it. I traded them all away now for my poisonstorm trapper.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah that seems like a lot now that I am looking at all the currencies I have and what their "exchange rate" would be.

Oh well I will keep playing and see what I can do to get closer and closer to that goal.

BTW is there another build that has a similar tree to something like CA that I might also want to try out?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Wow watched the explanation video that goes along with the guide I was following.

I suck at this game.

Not using frenzy, not using any of the proper support skills. Tomorrow I have the day off and it's going to be a complete rework of everything I do.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
You can turn your posion arrow guy to a poison trap or contaigion or whatever with essence drain very very easy. Frenzy charges are MORE damage and since they changed it its stupid to not use them if you can.

So with the farmer build I use with poison arrow using a pair of boots thats like a 25% chance at getting a frenzy charge on kill and my clod goes to 14k dps to 28 with frenzy charges up.

Theres a unique dagger that turns fire into poison damage so that would be the poison trapper. Nearly unkillable.

Reddit poe is great if you want to see wacky ass builds do some insane shit.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Is it viable once you hit level 20 on your gems to flip them to 20% and relevel them normally?

Tenks

Theres a unique dagger that turns fire into poison damage so that would be the poison trapper. Nearly unkillable.
I'm running PoisonStorm and I wouldn't call it unkillable. It is a fairly rippable build unless you play ultra conservatively in a map. It can kill anything in a blink of an eye but you take a ton of damage nodes to achieve that and sac a bunch of survivability.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Chaos flameblast is pretty lolzworthy too. Wonder if they will do something about how every fire build is now a chaos build.

Tenks

I'm sure they will. A good point to start would just legacy off the uniques that allow for the double dipping.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They could remove all the conversion uniques but that'd be a pretty sad way to fix it.

They probably should start by tweaking poison damage down a lot since it stacks or something like that, like hit the poison gem and the poison node. Poison is pretty much 100%chance to apply(either due to consuming dark or the poison support) and stacks, which is ridiculous when you compare to ignites. Chance to Ignite is like 50ish % at max level iirc, and ignites don't stack. Ignites double dip on fire dmg too so I wouldn't say that's necessarily the issue, problem is how dumb poison is. Ignite should probably get reworked too, maybe make it so ignited mobs are afflicted by fire penetration, and increase the damage while reducing the duration or something like that.

In general I think you'd want to remove the poison node entirely and nerf the poison dmg on the support or change it to increased duration of the poison instead. There might be some tweaks needed in general for chaos/dot nodes too, not sure.

Or maybe they could nerf the conversion uniques but not by removing it. Instead they'd just do less damage. Like "Convert 75% of your fire damage into chaos. Deals 30(50?)% less chaos damage". This way you still get conversions, but you get a lot less damage than in the primary elements. Advantages are no reflect, bypassing shields, resistance and better scaling via the tree and poison being very strong, but since you give up a large bunch of your damage, it balances out, maybe.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What's the fastest and most efficient way to get alternation orbs? I've been burning through them like crazy buying fusing trying to 6 link a Volls protector.