Path of Exile

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I'm actually pretty blind on the subclassing. So you basically still pick Marauder. Then on Normal if you complete the Lord's Labyrinth at that point you can subclass into something else? So would the fastest way to do all this just to ignore subclassing until you've gotten up to Merciless Dried Lakes and at that point go back to normal and do all that shit? Where are the trials of ascendency located? You can get a maximum of 6 Ascendency node points in the game?

Caliane

So I'm actually pretty blind on the subclassing. So you basically still pick Marauder. Then on Normal if you complete the Lord's Labyrinth at that point you can subclass into something else? So would the fastest way to do all this just to ignore subclassing until you've gotten up to Merciless Dried Lakes and at that point go back to normal and do all that shit? Where are the trials of ascendency located? You can get a maximum of 6 Ascendency node points in the game?
more or less yes.

Pick your base class.

6 Trials on each difficulty to unlock the labyrinth for that difficulty.
Trials are present in the Axiom Prison, Crypt, Chamber of Sins, Crematorium, Catacombs and Hedge Maze.
do each trial, tag a marker in it. After which the labyrinth will open in Sarn encampment.

completing the labyrinth for the first time will award 2 points per difficulty. 6 total. And you can pick your ascendancy class on the first clear. (you can swap ascendancy classes, if you reset your points, by doing another labyrinth run)

should be easy enough to clear the labyrinth by the time you enter act 4, with easy Izaro. (aka, kill everything fast)
Do note, there is a "challenge mode" izaro. if you purposely let adds, etc live during stage 1 and 2, stage 3 Izaro is much harder, and will give more keys.

I see no reason to wait really. Maybe on hardcore. overlevel a bit. But, not level 70 to do Normal Labyrinth overlevel..

The Trials of Ascendancy:
Seeking a worthy successor, Emperor Izaro constructed deadly trials throughout Wraeclast to find candidates.

There are six Trials of Ascendancy to solve in each difficulty level. Completing each of these Trials unlocks the Lord's Labyrinth in that difficulty level.
Trials are present in the Axiom Prison, Crypt, Chamber of Sins, Crematorium, Catacombs and Hedge Maze.
Each Trial introduces you to a particular type of trap. Learn well, as these traps will be combined in complex situations in the Labyrinth.
Higher difficulties have more difficult trials.
Tagging the plaque at the end of a completed trial will show your progress through that difficulty.
It will also open a portal back to the start of the trial so you can resume your exploration.
Once you have completed all of the Trials in one difficulty level, you can access the entrance to the Labyrinth in the Sarn Encampment (Act Three town).

The Lord's Labyrinth:
Having proved your mettle in the Trials of Ascendancy, you earn the right to enter Izaro's Labyrinth. Centuries have passed, but the traps are as dangerous as the day they were activated.

The Lord's Labyrinth is a new area full of traps, secrets and puzzles. It is unlocked by completing the Trials of Ascendancy in that difficulty level.
Dying in the Labyrinth ends the run for you. You must survive all the way through in one attempt If you leave the Labyrinth (for example, via a portal to town), then you cannot return to that run. You must start the Labyrinth again.
The Labyrinth's layout changes once every day. You can run it multiple times on the same day using information you have learnt from previous runs. Hidden passages, along with secret rooms and their rewards stay the same for every run on a given day.
You'll encounter Emperor Izaro three times during the Labyrinth. The fight mechanics are randomised each day. The way you play each fight influences how much of that mechanic makes its way into the next fight.
You can earn Treasure Keys by killing Izaro and by completing certain challenges throughout the Labyrinth. These keys can be used to unlock reward chests at the end of the Labyrinth, in the reward room. This room also contains the devices that allow you to pick an Ascendancy class and Enchant one of your items.
You can attempt the Labyrinth in a party, but once the Labyrinth entrance has been opened, no more party members may join that Labyrinth run.
You can access your Stash before each Izaro encounter in the Labyrinth.
The solo player who completes the Labyrinth the fastest each day in each difficulty and each league will receive a special Unique Jewel as a reward. You can see the ranking of Labyrinth times for the day on the website. There are different rewards for each difficulty level. There are three difficulty levels and four leagues, so twelve rewards are given out each day.
Special Labyrinth Items like keys and trinkets cannot be removed from the Labyrinth. These items also bypass item filters so that they are always visible to you.

Caliane

seriously... I just said...

Axiom prison. Act1
Crypt. act2. (hand quest area)
Chamber of sins (act2. helena/baleful gem quest area)
Crematorium. (act3. tolman area.)
Catacombs. (act3 side zone of marketplace.)
Hedgemaze (act3, side area off Imperial gardens plum area)

Ryanz

<Banned>
Getting close to release. So what's everyone rolling this league? Gonna try out assassin crit blade vortex with dual curse blasphemy assassins mark, warlords mark.

Tenks

I'm going to roll a flametotem chief for my first and then probably a sunder berserker for my second. Unless I see some other build on reddit that looks more fun while I gather currency on the totem dude.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Either RF totem chief, some form of firestorm witch or SRS necro to start. Not sure which yet!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Found a build, lets hope I can make it this time
smile.png

Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some of the mods look pretty cool, but the chances of getting that specific one look really shitty with how many there are(for helms at least). Wonder what those skeleton warriors are for skeletons, I assume stronger skeletons?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What build is that Hatorade? I see curses, fire damage, aoe, moar totems, and hp/es. Hybrid firestorm totems?

Also, if anyone isn't sure on a starting build/class, ZiggyD just showed off a pretty impressive Heirophant templart:Path of Exile Ascendancy: League Starter Hierophant Templar Build - Beginner/Hardcore/Budget - YouTube
Forum - Templar - 2.2 Solo Low Life Guardian MF/Dual RF Totems Easymode - Path of ExileThis one but just saw an end game 14 aura build that looks fun.

Caliane

What build is that Hatorade? I see curses, fire damage, aoe, moar totems, and hp/es. Hybrid firestorm totems?

Also, if anyone isn't sure on a starting build/class, ZiggyD just showed off a pretty impressive Heirophant templart:Path of Exile Ascendancy: League Starter Hierophant Templar Build - Beginner/Hardcore/Budget - YouTube
thats neat. Was considering stormcall.
I can see using oculist for a witch variant, considering he gets to witch and shadow starters.
vile bastion and forbidden power.

I think witch ascendancy are just in general totally inferior to templar. except necromancer.

Tenks

I'm starting to build the passive for my Sunder bersker using 2H axes. Thoughts?

Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

-edit-

Most people are saying Earthquake is objectively better than Sunder. I think the two skills can be used somewhat interchangeably in the build tree.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
thats neat. Was considering stormcall.
I can see using oculist for a witch variant, considering he gets to witch and shadow starters.
vile bastion and forbidden power.

I think witch ascendancy are just in general totally inferior to templar. except necromancer.
I don't know, I think Occultist is really strong. Profane Bloom looks really good, it's a flat 10% damage increase since it's damage taken on enemies rather than 10%increased damage done and the explosion is going to ruin large packs of stuff. The other stuff is interesting too although I don't know what's best, you can get 12% additional chaos damage with 3 curses(which doesn't require to use a curse item like before so that's nice) or power charges for free more or less all the time or the energy shield stuff which looks pretty strong defensively.

Elementalist looks kinda meh though compared to Templar caster stuff. Might be good for perma freeze or perma shock build though, but those tend to suck in certain conditions, like say against Atziri or on map bosses in general.

Necro non summoner might be interesting too, you basically get 40% increase damage at more or less all times and Offerings on you with some skill duration(good for some spells like Firestorm). Offering is obviously the big one, since you can pretty much cap block really easily with it, or 30%cast speed if you want the more direct approach, which is quite a crazy amount.

But yeah Hierophant is really strong because of the 5L factor, and as ZiggyD points out, if you use Geoffri or the crown, you can get even better value out of them. It saves so much currency and is so much more friendly for self found chars. Too bad you have to play a fucking Templar for it though, I hate the old man.

Tenks

I simply don't have enough time to play hardcore. If I RIP a character it just takes too long for me to level one back up again.