Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Softcore EQ Jugg, I expect the endgame will have enough bullshit for dying, even if all the technical issues appear to be sorted out.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Gonna stick with EQ Juggernaut, just not sure if I want to just keep my endurance charges or use kingsguard/immortal call. Gonna get that Minotaur pack so my Marauder looks cool instead of like a hobo while leveling up.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

Caliane

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just started playing this yesterday (yeah, late to the bus), seems quite enjoyable, and free is always welcome and good. I have such a short attention span any longer for games that it seems a waste to drop $60 on something that I'll only play for a few hours before tiring of. Used to be a hardcore gamer, not so much anymore, I'm getting old (40).

Went ranger because I like pew pew from a distance, and enjoying so far. Not going to look at the cookie cutter builds and whatnot for this first play through, if I get to end game and am totally gimped I'll just restart and look at some of that stuff.

Of course, the servers are down this morning for the patch/expansion, one of the few times I get to play (work 130-930 today, girl is at work 8-5, so I have morning to myself), oh well.

Is the stash shared between all characters? Can i be stockpiling all the currencies and whatnot and then when I start a new character I have access to all of that?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the stash shared between all characters? Can i be stockpiling all the currencies and whatnot and then when I start a new character I have access to all of that?

Stash is shared by every character in that league. So if your playing in Standard, every Standard character you have has access. If you start a new character in one of the Essence leagues, it will have its own stash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Id encourage you guys to hop in one of the essence leagues (hardcore or softcore) when they come up in 30 minutes. Its always a lot more active, easier to get trades, etc done.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Yep. Played just enough to learn the basics but not so much that I feel like I'm connected to the character at all.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Yea guys, play the seasonal league. All your stuff moves to Standard at the end of it. but the vast majority of the player base will be in the seasonal leagues for at least the first month of the season.

Ancallagon

Thanks for the tip (and answer). Only got to level 11 or so, not attached at all, will jump in the seasonal thingy then too.

Ancallagon

Since servers were down and I have to head off to work and miss the launch, boohoo me. I got to looking at the skill tree some to kind of attempt to plan out what I'm thinking for my Ranger.

Is Blood Magic as good as it kind of sounds to me for a Ranger? My limited level 11 experience had me barely getting hit at all, and being far away and killing things before they hit me seemed to be a viable method. And then since I'm going all the way over there for that, Iron Grip seems like a "may as well grab" kind of Keystone with no downside.

And then of course grab life and evasion skills along the way to increase the life pool and get hit less. Seems like a decent choice.

Caliane

blood magic on the passive tree is kindof terrible. Since it gives blood magic to ALL of your skills/auras. This basically makes aura's un-usuable.
so like, "hatred" which reserves 50% mana. will now reserve 50% of your life instead.
so you had 1000 life, 1000 mana, with 1000 life, 500man(500 mana reserved), you with bloodmagic would have 500life(500life reserved), 0 mana.

which admittedly, is the point of those passives past it. 50% less mana reserved. which would reduce the 50% reservation to 25%.
But still, not remotely enough to justify.

Conversely, ,that is where blood magic SUPPORT comes in. since with THAT, you can reserve 100% of your mana, with say 2 auras, or 1 aura, and 2 heralds, then placing Bloodmagic support on your active skills, they cost life instead. allowing you to use skills with no mana cost.

• 1Like