Path of Exile

Ryanz

<Banned>
What level did you do Izaro. I believe most ppl over level before they even bother with doing him.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ssooIOO.png

Calling it there. Could have been a bit higher on that list if I didnt fight the queue monster for an hour at the start and had a partner who could have helped with some of the running. Had fun but the end game revamp isnt really revamped at all. Its the same old same old. Not sure how active ill be over the next couple days.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What were you looking for with the end-game revamp? I've never really pushed into end-game in any of my PoE run-throughs, so I'm not aware of what the typical issues are.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What were you looking for with the end-game revamp? I've never really pushed into end-game in any of my PoE run-throughs, so I'm not aware of what the typical issues are.

Ive never been a big fan of having to fight against RNG to progress and challenge my character. When you start rolling high tier maps, you become a small economy yourself within the game because you have to blow through so much currency getting the pack size/item quantity rolls. It was made even worse for the expansion start to compensate for map drop bonus people will have once their expansion is more explored (more maps completed). Raiz, the #1 on there, grinded out lvl 86 by having to do t3-t5 maps, maps 13-15 levels lower than his character) because they couldnt get a consistant pool of higher ones. Its just not very fun blowing through content you can sleep through.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It was made even worse for the expansion start to compensate for map drop bonus people will have once their expansion is more explored

Didn't they retract that when they changed the bonus you get for exploring the atlas from +quantity to a map tier boost?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Eh, the game has to have a currency sink somewhere and the maps are still the best solution in the genre I have seen to date to keep an economy going. Yes, it's annoying, but at least there is more to the game than +gooderer ala D3.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Killed the whole day yesterday playing a Duelist up to level 31ish on Normal in the new Challenge league. It's fun but I hope there's some sort of challenge to it once I'm done with the first playthrough on Normal. Right now I literally just play one-handed mashing one button while watching tv. Absolutely gorgeous game though on my new rig.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Don't worry, merciless will have you swearing in no time, especially if you skimp on resists

khalid

Unelected Mod
The map bosses have definitely been made "more interesting". Lots of the trivial bosses from before (Canyon for exmaple) now have bosses much harder.

Goonsquad Officer
I'm working on a whispering ice build. if anyone ends up with "the incantation" cards, i'd be glad to trade for them!

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Got an Essence worn to drop. I want to sell it but haven't fucked around getting set up to sell stuff on Poe.trade. Any other way to sell stuff beside spamming in the trade channel? This thing should get me the 25c I need for a key unique.

Started an essence drain/contagion build in the new league and just got into merciless. Enjoying the build and it's starting to come together. Bought a 20% quality contagion gem and it really helps spread the AIDS around.

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you have a premium tab you can right click and set a price there and it'll automatically show up on poe.trade

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was, that feature wasn't implemented to around prophecy league a few months back I believe, so before than you had to run a 3rd party program like acquisition or procurement.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Never tried this, really liked Grim Dawn but the fact that i can cheat by getting any gear in the game makes me a sad panda so i figured i'd give this a whirl. Any key things i should know going in/good tips? Also is there guilds/rerolled guilde?

Ryanz

<Banned>
message me (Ryanz_OMFG) in game and I'll invite you.

you "whisper" in game by typing @username

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Sent you a message. Just started playing this for the first time this week. Having a blast, its been a bit lonely though! It would be good to hook up with some RR folks.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Not that map bosses have ever been "balanced" for tier difficulty and so forth, but the new bosses of maps seem to have all been tuned up across the board and all the new bosses seem at the difficulty level at least of the hardest bosses in the past. Been running 5-7 tier maps mainly atm and the tuning seems kind of over the top.

In general, it seems almost all of the easiest bosses are gone (or moved up to higher tiers), with all the new bosses doing tons of damage or having tons of hitpoints (and usually both at once). Also quite a few more mechanics that if you ignore will kill you (racecourse 100% reflect aura that the horse dude puts up). We aren't talking about a 10% to 20% buff to boss hitpoints, no, many bosses seem to have multiples of their earlier health.

I mean, whatever, I'm dealing with it. It just seems a silly thing to do so early on in the mapping. PoE was never a particularly friendly game towards new players, but with my build doing really high dps and ignoring mob resistances, it still takes me quite a long time (relatively) to kill many of these bosses.