Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hey, they finally nerfed the desert boss a league or two ago :D

I'm not sure, buffing their hp is the only way to make you play the fight a bit, since otherwise you are going to faceroll them. Ascendancy gives you some crazy bonuses, so I'm not surprised the new enemies take that into account, I'm pushing 10k dps with EQ with shit gear and with a totem on top, I think I'm at 25k+ dps, anything that ISN'T a boss gets oneshot. It also gives you some sense of progression and achievement, previously once you capped resists and hit 4-5k HP, you were good to go until t10+, thanks to Atlas the bosses are what you have to build and gear around to kill, which is nice, since previously it was mostly about movespeed and aoe. Of course, I have a feeling I'll be bitching about the exact same thing in a day or two, since I'm playing melee after all.

Anyway finally got into maps, I think I'm liking the Atlas, but since they removed random high lvl map drops, it is definitely more of a grind, hopefully I'll feel the bonus soon.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Forum - Development Manifesto - Atlas Map Drop Improvements - Path of Exile
People complained and they listened :D
We're really glad that you've been enjoying Atlas of Worlds so far. We've gone through feedback and wanted to respond quickly and transparently about some changes we're making related to map progression.

Today, with a serverside hotfix, the following changes will be made:
  • Overall map drop rates will be increased slightly (around 5%). This is intended to ease the map pressure that some users are feeling in lower tiers.
  • Cartographer's Sextants will drop more often. They were too rare.
  • Zana's Sell Window will now sell you maps you haven't completed. It's like you got them in trade from another player.

We also have a larger 2.4.0c patch lined up for tomorrow with many bug fixes and improvements. Specifically, the map changes planned for that one are:
  • If a Zana mission grants you access to a map that is a higher tier than normal, then it's treated as connected to a random map of that new tier rather than being capped at dropping lower maps.
  • The Uber Labyrinth map chest will be able to drop maps that you haven't completed.

Thanks for the continued feedback, and best of luck exploring the Atlas!

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Enjoying it quite a bit. Up to level 53 now. Plunking away with the Ranger, having fun, mostly winning, sometimes exploding in a pool of blood, but it happens. Working my way through Cruel difficulty now.

Don't think I have any questions at the moment, the wiki and the forums have been quite useful.

Fun! thanks

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you play totems, they finally unfucked flameblast on totems, it stops casting once it reaches full charge(before it'd just keep going and only cast once the totem expired/you replaced it). Looks pretty solid with decent cast speed and some aoe, does very large blast. Not the fastest though since it still takes a while to reach full charge, but the sustained damage looks pretty crazy.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm tempted to try it, probably with a templar, but I couldn't stomach RF chieftain due to slow clear speed, so I'll think about this a bit more. I need to get like 2x 5 link on my EQ jugg first, since around t9 maps it gets kinda tough running with 4, but holy shit it's a wrecking ball otherwise. I also shouldn't run blood rage on my CWDT setup, but it's so easy to never have to press any buttons besides EQ and leap slam, but I outregen it anyway. How many endurance charges is the magic number ? I have 7 ATM and investing into frenzy more, since damage seems to scale a bit less, but I can grab 1 more on the skill tree and eventually vaal my belt.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Can someone explain the whole endurance charge thing to me? I've looked all over the wiki but it's unclear to me what # of endurance charges actually means. Seems to me that I hit Enduring Cry and get a buff.....simple, but I can't figure out where "# of endurance charges" comes into play.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Can someone explain the whole endurance charge thing to me? I've looked all over the wiki but it's unclear to me what # of endurance charges actually means. Seems to me that I hit Enduring Cry and get a buff.....simple, but I can't figure out where "# of endurance charges" comes into play.

Each endurance charge you have makes you tankier: 4 percent phys damage reduction, 4 percent resist all per charge. Note: 4 percent phys damage reduction is huge. Some passives give added benefits per charge. Players typically can only have 3 charges max, but through the passive tree or items you can gain the ability to get more charges. They don't last forever. They can be consumed (see: Immortal Call).

So a very typical scenario is a marauder running around, periodically using Enduring Cry. Somewhere on his gearing layout, he'll have a 4L with Cast When Damage Taken, Molten Shell, Increased Duration, and Immortal Call. The Immortal Call consumes his charges giving him invulnerability briefly, and the Molten Shell gives him a buffer. The idea is when something unexpected happens and he takes a monstrous hit, both Molten Shell and Immortal Call will trigger giving him some time to chug flasks and re-position.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Each endurance charge you have makes you tankier: 4 percent phys damage reduction, 4 percent resist all per charge. Note: 4 percent phys damage reduction is huge. Some passives give added benefits per charge. Players typically can only have 3 charges max, but through the passive tree or items you can gain the ability to get more charges. They don't last forever. They can be consumed (see: Immortal Call).

So a very typical scenario is a marauder running around, periodically using Enduring Cry. Somewhere on his gearing layout, he'll have a 4L with Cast When Damage Taken, Molten Shell, Increased Duration, and Immortal Call. The Immortal Call consumes his charges giving him invulnerability briefly, and the Molten Shell gives him a buffer. The idea is when something unexpected happens and he takes a monstrous hit, both Molten Shell and Immortal Call will trigger giving him some time to chug flasks and re-position.

Thanks! I did recently get the 4L CWDT setup on some boots, sounds like I need to be using EC more.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
A lot of builds have some built-in endurance charge generation, so you can be even lazier. I used to use abyssal cry+inc aoe a lot, since it blew up like half the screen, but it doesn't scale very well into higher maps

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I have an essence drain/contagion character with the 4link CWDT, IC, increased duration, molten shell combo. Is there any specific order I need to have the spells and what level should I have CWDT at? I heard that CWDT needs to be on top left but don't know if molten shell or IC should be next. Any other levels I should keep abilities at for reasons other than not having enough strength?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it matters ? Only CoC and CoMK were nerfed to trigger a single skill per proc, so you should get them all at once anyway, but there might be something I'm not aware of. You don't want CWDT too high so it doesn't proc when you are almost dead, 25%-50% of your HP are the ideal numbers, or even faster if your golem is dying a lot and you are using it to resummon.

I have been experimenting with Reckoning+CoH+Enfeeble and it seems to work surprisingly well on bosses, but the aoe is crap, I might get +1 curse and try Temp Chains too, but I have other slots to worry about first.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Order mattered on CWDT back when you could put both enduring cry and immortal call on it, you needed to have enduring cry first so it'd do that before doing immortal call. But they nerfed that combo by making the Warcries tag for Enduring Cry+new skills, so that you couldn't trigger them automatically(but they self cast faster now and shit, used to be a lot shittier before). Order only matters when you're trying to proc stuff sequentially, but I don't think it matters too much anymore unless you're trying for a weird Elemental Equilibrium CWDT damage setup, which sounds awful unless you're self inflicting damage.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Order mattered on CWDT back when you could put both enduring cry and immortal call on it, you needed to have enduring cry first so it'd do that before doing immortal call. But they nerfed that combo by making the Warcries tag for Enduring Cry+new skills, so that you couldn't trigger them automatically(but they self cast faster now and shit, used to be a lot shittier before). Order only matters when you're trying to proc stuff sequentially, but I don't think it matters too much anymore unless you're trying for a weird Elemental Equilibrium CWDT damage setup, which sounds awful unless you're self inflicting damage.
Aka: No.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Did they announce or at least hint at the new channeling spells that were pushed back? I'd like to know what they come up with before settling on another build (if any) for this league.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Did they announce or at least hint at the new channeling spells that were pushed back? I'd like to know what they come up with before settling on another build (if any) for this league.
Not really, but if it's anything like Incinerate/Flameblast, as long as you are running a totem build, it will probably be fairly adaptable.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One of them was apparently a melee skill or physical spell, that spawned mirror images to attack stuff(might not be considered pets though, more like just how it looked). But since they scrapped most of that stuff, might not end up actually releasing.

You'll probably have to build around the skill anyway, if it's channeling, there's a good chance you'll need strong defenses like capped block rate+armor/end charges/evasion/acro/ES with the shield that regens ES and so on.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
One of them was apparently a melee skill or physical spell, that spawned mirror images to attack stuff(might not be considered pets though, more like just how it looked). But since they scrapped most of that stuff, might not end up actually releasing.

You'll probably have to build around the skill anyway, if it's channeling, there's a good chance you'll need strong defenses like capped block rate+armor/end charges/evasion/acro/ES with the shield that regens ES and so on.

That's the reason I was wondering if they had spoiled what the skills do in some fashion. But if they don't come soon I can build something with them in the winter league I guess.

Ryanz

<Banned>
RIP. Prison's Brutus too strong (1 shot from falling shit for 4.5k + 32% mitigated armour defense). Flame totem Chieftan is pretty boring, was not upset about losing my char.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Typically the guild stash is free game for whoever wants whats in it. As long as you're not taking shit just to sell it, I think most people won't care that you took an item.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user