Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ice breaches are by far the most annoying, especially when the rares end up spawning spread out and your entire screen is just covered in a giant ice vortex of fuck you. Ice breaches also lag me about 50000 times more than any of the other ones do.

Caliane

Beaches really are no joke.

Stormcall is doing solid. But, do keep ripping to beaches. Everything else, does not even come close. instantly dies.
(Although, have come close to self murder on elem reflect. who knew 10% lit resist vs elem reflect is a bad idea. JUST got paragon of calamity last night for cruel ascension. not sure if that will negate reflect almost entirely? I would think 50%DR, +8% dr, would come pretty close to it. Especially as I shore up the lit resists to 75%.)

ATM, running, Orbof storms+enfeeble+elem weakness+coh.
Warlords for leech? Probably should try that. Damage is high enough with no help. go enfeeble and warlords.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not a fan of the whole breach thing at all. I've died in them a few times since switching to CI, and I couldn't really tell you why in any of those cases. I've got just under 7k ES, capped resists, etc. It's such a chaotic framerate-destroying mess that there's no way I can see what's going on. If all the stuff to avoid was as obvious as the fire pillars then maybe it would be ok. And if the bosses were more visible too; I've gotten splinters from them for the challenge without even realizing that the boss had spawned. As it is, I just stand there doing 6-counts of Blade Flurry, mashing my flasks, and hoping for the best.

Hands are still too goddamn hard to click on even after the patch, too.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, they looked cool in the trailer, but in practice they are a horrible mess. The only sure way to do breaches is to stand behind the edge and spam your OP shit into it while backpedaling. Not the most effective, but in case you can't keep up you can run away and regen.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
(Although, have come close to self murder on elem reflect. who knew 10% lit resist vs elem reflect is a bad idea. JUST got paragon of calamity last night for cruel ascension. not sure if that will negate reflect almost entirely? I would think 50%DR, +8% dr, would come pretty close to it. Especially as I shore up the lit resists to 75%.)

It really doesn't. I did an elementalist self cast discharge last league and still instant-ripped myself on ele reflect, even small packs of mobs (5ish). The single mob rare mods and stuff it's fine for but it won't let you do ele reflect maps.

Breaches really aren't bad if you have nice aoe damage. I am playing with wild strike and I actively try to have as many mobs coming at me as I possibly can so that I get more loot. The only one I have to run/play safe for is Chayula, and i've gotten a total of 2 chayula breaches at level 84.5 (with a few deaths at high levels, probably done enough a4merc/maps to be 86 without the deaths) and that's because I have -60 chaos res still on my char.

The lightning one isn't bad, the balls of rape are fairly easy to see being launched, and the ice one has vortex's which are easy to see and ice bolts that are hard to see but they don't wtfpwn me. The phys one can be a pain with all the ground spikes but those don't really hurt either.

Caliane

It really doesn't. I did an elementalist self cast discharge last league and still instant-ripped myself on ele reflect, even small packs of mobs (5ish). The single mob rare mods and stuff it's fine for but it won't let you do ele reflect maps.

Breaches really aren't bad if you have nice aoe damage. I am playing with wild strike and I actively try to have as many mobs coming at me as I possibly can so that I get more loot. The only one I have to run/play safe for is Chayula, and i've gotten a total of 2 chayula breaches at level 84.5 (with a few deaths at high levels, probably done enough a4merc/maps to be 86 without the deaths) and that's because I have -60 chaos res still on my char.

The lightning one isn't bad, the balls of rape are fairly easy to see being launched, and the ice one has vortex's which are easy to see and ice bolts that are hard to see but they don't wtfpwn me. The phys one can be a pain with all the ground spikes but those don't really hurt either.

huh. I wonder/think its leech on both accounts. My Frostblades pathfinder. pathfinder gets 8% elem dr. That 8%+75% resist, could do both phys and elem reflect with little issue. Elem reflect would have some spikes. But, sapphire flask and she was without a care in the world. I even wondered if when I got a belly, she would be able to do mirror atziri comfortably.
Did you have leech on the elementalist?

that is what I would pinpoint to for all my rips. Both the Shieldcharge, and elementalist. SC had poor damage, but a ton of raw life/regen. but also no leech, was pathing over to duelist leech, before getting annoying with the character. Elementalist, has a ton of damage. Stormcall/orb. But also, no leech. (A bit now with wand craft.) so she has the damage to slaughter, but any damage taken is hits to mana, and life, using pots to replenish. And what leech there is, is a bit meh. orb of storms is for dual curse. deals very little damage to leech. Stormcall does, but bursts, and is not constant.

I have little doubt the FB pathfinder would wreck Breaches. the aoe clear, and dual leech.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
goes way faster if you just run through content and keep the zones about 5 levels higher then you.

That being said, do what's fun. Many people are so bored of pre-map content that anything to get out of it is worth it, but a newer player taking it slow and enjoying himself is likely having more fun anyway than the powergamer on his 200th playthrough.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

The problem with surviving based on leech is that the game likes to drop to 0-10 fps for a couple seconds, which is enough to melt away my 8k ES and kill me as I attack slowly or not at all due to the hitching. It's not only breaches either, I had a prophecy for a rogue exile that summoned a warband and the game just paused and then the revive box popped up. It's installed on a SSD, DX9/9ex/11 selection doesn't matter, never had any problems in the past other than desync (this is different), etc.

I've also been killed a couple times by little message boxes that pop up, saying something about an shader error of some sort. Looks like debug code that shouldn't exist in a release client to me, since the errors don't actually crash the game. You just can't do anything until you click OK and that's usually enough time to die. (Edit: Might be fixed by turning off shader caching in drivers, guess I'll see if it happens anymore today.)

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
huh. I wonder/think its leech on both accounts. My Frostblades pathfinder. pathfinder gets 8% elem dr. That 8%+75% resist, could do both phys and elem reflect with little issue. Elem reflect would have some spikes. But, sapphire flask and she was without a care in the world. I even wondered if when I got a belly, she would be able to do mirror atziri comfortably.
Did you have leech on the elementalist?

that is what I would pinpoint to for all my rips. Both the Shieldcharge, and elementalist. SC had poor damage, but a ton of raw life/regen. but also no leech, was pathing over to duelist leech, before getting annoying with the character. Elementalist, has a ton of damage. Stormcall/orb. But also, no leech. (A bit now with wand craft.) so she has the damage to slaughter, but any damage taken is hits to mana, and life, using pots to replenish. And what leech there is, is a bit meh. orb of storms is for dual curse. deals very little damage to leech. Stormcall does, but bursts, and is not constant.

I have little doubt the FB pathfinder would wreck Breaches. the aoe clear, and dual leech.

Assassin's mark gives HP/mana on kill, if you kill fast enough and efficiently enough, it's almost better than leech.

Vorph

Assassin's Mark doesn't seem like it would remotely compare to the 2% life/mana leech that Warlord's Mark gives. On kill means you get nothing if you're fighting a single target, while leech makes you basically invulnerable to anything but massive one-shot attacks, stun, and freeze (and the client choking).

Caliane

yeah. warlords seems to be the go to for most spells builds I see.

I've been swapping around warlords, conductivity, and enfeeble to see which works best. atm have conduc/enfeeble. chroms/etc also an issue of course...

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Just got the best drop I've probably ever had. After a good bit of research it could probably get 3-6 ex. Some pro sellers recommend I list it for 7 for a while and drop it by an ex every day or two if I don't get any bites.

You can add more crit to this so 200+ potential crit chance.

b9dlwm.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm always confused on pricing stuff. Doesn't the fact that the light damage isn't listed as "to spells" mean that line is worthless on the item?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm always confused on pricing stuff. Doesn't the fact that the light damage isn't listed as "to spells" mean that line is worthless on the item?

Yup, but the other mods are still nuts. The + fire damage is somewhat worthless too. It's the crit chance + crit mult + spell damage that makes it so expensive. Once crafted it will be pretty close to a capped item on crit chance.