Path of Exile

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So you expect the buyer would lock the affixes and mastercraft off the garbage and exa spam it?

Caliane

Prefixes:
t2 +fire to spells. (t1 is 36to49/73to85)
t3 +spell damage. (lowest roll. 60-69) (t1 is 75-79)
t who cares, +light damage.

suffixes:
t2 spell crit. (80-99) high roll. (t1 is 100-109)
t2 crit multi. (30-34) t1 is 35-38.

Pretty solid.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Speaking of loot, I been using ZiggyD's filter for a while but it's just way too much loot still. I tried out Neversink and One Filter to Rule Them All and I prefer the "medium strict" from Neversink. However, I still get a lot of items that I don't know why they're highlighted. I attached a pic and if any of y'all could explain to me why I want these items (and why there's 3 different highlights), I'd be much appreciated. Is it just on the .0001% chance that one of these items gets rolls like that wand Kiroy got?

I also just got into Maps, and I've just been using alts/augs/alts to make the low level basic whites into a bit better blues, and slowly work my way up through the tiers as more drop (and combining 3 basic). Is that the 'normal' progression? Or am I wasting a bunch of maps and/or time?

PoE Loot.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So you expect the buyer would lock the affixes and mastercraft off the garbage and exa spam it?

No idea im not great at crafting. Just knew it was good because nothing on poe trade was close. Linked it in some streamer forums and got a consensus on selling strat

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of loot, I been using ZiggyD's filter for a while but it's just way too much loot still. I tried out Neversink and One Filter to Rule Them All and I prefer the "medium strict" from Neversink. However, I still get a lot of items that I don't know why they're highlighted. I attached a pic and if any of y'all could explain to me why I want these items (and why there's 3 different highlights), I'd be much appreciated. Is it just on the .0001% chance that one of these items gets rolls like that wand Kiroy got?

I also just got into Maps, and I've just been using alts/augs/alts to make the low level basic whites into a bit better blues, and slowly work my way up through the tiers as more drop (and combining 3 basic). Is that the 'normal' progression? Or am I wasting a bunch of maps and/or time?

View attachment 106556

My interpretation of that loot filter is that it's just showing you decent rare item bases that you ought to ID.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno, I found quite a few slightly worse daggers (like, 10% crit multi worse) for 15c to 1.5ex and I was only searching for people online at 1am est. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will feel like 10-15% crit multi is worth 6 extra exalts. If it sells for a lot let me know i'll start raising my prices on a few things!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Daggers are pretty much the hottest rare weapon, followed by wands. Other wepon types are usually overshadowed by uniques

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, I found quite a few slightly worse daggers (like, 10% crit multi worse) for 15c to 1.5ex and I was only searching for people online at 1am est. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will feel like 10-15% crit multi is worth 6 extra exalts. If it sells for a lot let me know i'll start raising my prices on a few things!

Sold it for 5.

Got uber labs done yday finally, now just gonna push up maps for a while and see what happens. Probably one of my richest leagues with that 5 ex and I've had 2 ex drop. Bought myself a dying sun flask, op op.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the best way these days to get a top-end ES chest? Any crafting shortcuts at all, and is it ever worth trying to craft your own if you don't have a massive surplus of currency?

I'm looking for something in the 750-800 ES range since that's the cap on a double ES roll and anything with a hybrid on it as well is well into double digit ex prices, with int on a suffix (or at least a free one to craft it onto, though that's only 30 max). Poe.trade prices are fucking bizarre, bunch of retards putting up ones that aren't socketed or linked at all at the same price as ones that are already 6S5L (which is what I need to equip it). Same ES on them more or less too. I guess that means I should just pay 2ex or so for a completed one with exactly what I want on it?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What's the best way these days to get a top-end ES chest? Any crafting shortcuts at all, and is it ever worth trying to craft your own if you don't have a massive surplus of currency?

I'm looking for something in the 750-800 ES range since that's the cap on a double ES roll and anything with a hybrid on it as well is well into double digit ex prices, with int on a suffix (or at least a free one to craft it onto, though that's only 30 max). Poe.trade prices are fucking bizarre, bunch of retards putting up ones that aren't socketed or linked at all at the same price as ones that are already 6S5L (which is what I need to equip it). Same ES on them more or less too. I guess that means I should just pay 2ex or so for a completed one with exactly what I want on it?

Ya this game is a rich get richer game. If you dont have a serious currency reserve to craft you should just buy what you need directly.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The prices are also crazy since at the top end, the items are worth what the people will pay and there's not much competition. I just don't think the gear for the last few % is worth it, odds are lvl 21/20% are going to bump your damage more. Of course, HC is a different game, but then I'd argue spending a fortune on an item that you will RIP sooner or later might not be the wisest thing.

GGG or Brevik were quoted as saying that "this is the most trading support we will get without any kind of trade-restricted items" and I have to agree, once anything resembling AH/asynchronous trading gets implemented, the mediocre gear is going to suffer the most. Now you can sell maps/splinters/orbs/cards/gems and the odd unique/rare and make 20-40 chaos per evening easily. Once you need to undercut all your competition, since it doesn't matter if you are offline, that income is going to diminsh rapidly, the high end gear is going to get cornered even more and you will be stuck with an even bigger currency grind. All of those things happened in this little known game nobody ever played ...

On top of that, currency in Breach rains from the sky, the breaches themselves bump your income by a lot, not to mention if you run into Chayula/Uul breach, the splinters can make your day.

Vorph

Well, my problem at the moment is that 6k ES doesn't cut it for much more than easy red maps. I'm only wearing a 583 ES chest now, so bumping that by ~200 would make a big difference after multipliers. Int is non-negotiable, but I can get by without resists on it, though having cold and lightning would save me 3 skill points. Seems like the best way to spend around 2ex at the moment, since it should let me start farming all the endgame shit where I might actually make some decent profit.

Caliane

well yeah, with tens of thousands, or even hundreds, RNG drops will be more efficient then crafting, unless they massively buff crafting success rates, to the point all content would be totally trivialized.

Self found is much more fun. having to make actual choices in gear. (I do wish fusings were more common.)

Essence has made crafting easier.

As self found, the 5l/6l is far harder to come by, then solid stats.
So a white 5l/6l is better to start with, and essence or chaos spam it.

if you are running red maps already you probably can get a decent start.
Destined to crumble is a possible shortcut if you are not running high tier maps. fairly common drop. level 100 rare body armor div card. (Breach's dramatically increase card drop rate as well I've noticed.)
6l prophecy as well. not sure on the player market cost of it.

but short of dumb luck, buying something will be cheaper then crafting your own.

Vorph

Yeah, looking closer now, essence spam still isn't cheap enough to gamble on. 9c per T1 essence, or 27c for the one that creates one tier higher than the usual max--unfortunately the 3c one is shit that rolls T3 instead of T2 for whatever reason. So 9c a roll--which is definitely better than doing straight chaos spam--but If it doesn't also roll T1-2 ES% you're screwed. That's 2, maybe 3, acceptable rolls out of 41 possibilities. Not sure how often essence upgrades roll 2 more prefixes either, and that would affect the probably of getting a good ES% roll. There's a whole shitload of completely worthless +life rolls that are going to come up quite often, plus thorns of course. That requires starting with a 6S5L ilvl84+ Vaal Regalia too which is like 20c. I have one now but I'm almost sure it's not ilvl84.

11-12ex for the 6L prophecy. Good luck with that. Neither that nor Jeweller's Link would help me anyway, except as something to sell. Jeweller's Link creates a 5L item, and I need a 6S5L.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
11-12ex for the 6L prophecy. Good luck with that. Neither that nor Jeweller's Link would help me anyway, except as something to sell. Jeweller's Link creates a 5L item, and I need a 6S5L.

Ya when I pick a build I always choose a build on the assumption that I'll be able to put a few ex into it over the few weeks I put into a new league. 6s5l isn't that unreachable, i've crafted 2 this season so far, although I did get really lucky with the jewlers. Cost me almost 400 fusings to get my 5 link on my belly of the beast, wish I would have just crafted it for 250 but hindsight.

I got pretty lucky this league, I started my meatball build before streamer mathis, so my core items quadrupled in worth after I bought em, and I've gotten 7 ex for that gg knife plus a couple drops so I was able to get a dying sun flask. Typically about the time I get bored a few weeks in my build is worth 2 or 3 ex, where as my current build is in the 10ex range.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I think I lucked out when I bought my 750 ES/50 int chest from some guy for 60 chaos heh. No resists(don't need it atm) but I do have an open suffix for something; im just kinda not really sure how all the high level crafting shit works so i'm afraid of putting something on it.

That Tri-curse whispering Ice build on the witch forums has been working out really well. at about 7100 ES now, need better boots/gloves. But yeah, vaal pact with warlords mark is awesome, I just instantly leech everything back heh.

Xevy

Log Wizard
For high ES chests I think you basically find the highest white base ES chest you can find, Vaal Regalia ilvl78+ (84 if you want to get lucky and roll the highest straight ES%), then you basically roll either max +ES or ES/stun and block recovery. Then you regal it and hope you get the missing component and craft 68% increased ES on it.

You need the 3 prefixes: Local ES, Increased ES, Increased ES with Stun and Block Recovery. You can't really craft high local ES and you craft ES/StunBlock at all, but you can craft the straight increased ES up to 68%, which is lower than the highest tier prefix, but still pretty good. Basically Alt that shit until you get:

Blue Vaal Regalia with 136+ to maximum energy shield, ideally with a resist if you need one.

Then regal it and hope for it to roll %increased ES and stunblock. (Straight %ES is good too, but can't maximize without yolo exalting)

Then craft with Haku 68% increased energy shield.

If all goes perfectly well you're looking at 700+ ES.

Vorph

I think I lucked out when I bought my 750 ES/50 int chest from some guy for 60 chaos heh. No resists(don't need it atm) but I do have an open suffix for something; im just kinda not really sure how all the high level crafting shit works so i'm afraid of putting something on it.

It costs a scouring to remove a crafter affix, you just need to have/find someone with that crafter at L7 to get the recipe.

Yeah, that's more like a 80-90c chest with that top end T2 int roll. I don't need the resists atm either, but it would be really nice to get lightning/cold on it so that I could drop Diamond Skin nodes and still be able to equip Auxium instead of a rare belt. I'm playing the same build as you and I get fucked regularly by chill/freeze effects. Flasks don't cut it, I don't care what anyone else says.

Just got home and checked my current chest, and it is ilvl84. It's 582 ES 6S5L with 39 int though, so it would be dumb to try to craft on rather than just buying a crap 6S5L one and selling mine for like 35-40c. Might have to do it if I can't find a proper one already set up tonight for 2-2.5ex.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Oh there is no crafting affix on it yet, it just has increased ES/max ES/int rolls. I don't know if I should bother using an exalt or just putting some resist on it.