Path of Exile

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How is that possible? I was skipping all side quests and zones except the ones that reward skill points. I was only getting waypoints for zones I knew I'd have to come back to later. I was still at least 4 level above the zone level for most of the game. I was at 58 by A4 cruel and the gap was closer because I was dieing so much.

Many people know the basic layouts of the zones and the game puts little hints throughout the zone to give you 100% certainty of the path in some large-spanning zones. It is also not uncommon for speed levelers to skip most white mobs and only kill blue packs since in normal they give significantly more XP for the time investment. I'm usually ~2-3 levels below the current zone level. IMO the biggest cockblock zones in this game are the final zone of A3 (Scepter of God) and the fire portal in A4. If you're struggling with those two zones that seems fairly common from my experience.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been noticing the zones are somewhat deterministic. Like what zone wall is exit is on based on the world map. But is it even more so? Guess I'll have to pay more attention.

Up next on builds to try out: flicker strike raider.

Tenks

You'll sometimes just figure it out naturally after a few playthroughs. Some stuff is a bit less obvious. Like in the Warehouse district in A3 only enter/exit warehouses which have a dead body infront. That will always lead you to the exit of the zone. If you don't do that you can easily be roaming in that fucking zone for 20 minutes. There are some more things like that littered throughout the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here's an example... In lunaris temple just before piety, you go up stairs and there's a split.. one way is a dead end, the right way only has 1 carriage and the wrong way has a bunch.

Little details like this can make a huge difference in time.

• 1Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
This post had me laughing. AoE in 2.6:

DppQlHt.gif

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, its pretty simple. A nice one.

Perandus>basic portal>shapervoid>legacy>>>>>>>>>>everything else portal.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least there is no wild RNG challenges in that list. Going 39/40 because of Chayula and not finishing challenges for the first time for me really made me sad. On top of the many characters I leveled I ran a full quad tab of strands only popping breaches and nothing.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
At least there is no wild RNG challenges in that list. Going 39/40 because of Chayula and not finishing challenges for the first time for me really made me sad. On top of the many characters I leveled I ran a full quad tab of strands only popping breaches and nothing.
Are we reading the same list ? In no way is finding every single perandus chest, every single beyond boss, every single warband and every single invasion monster RNG dependant. And don't get me started on essence bullshit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's also the "get some invader with a ghost while you have rampage between 400 and 490 in range of a bloodline and abaxoth while under the effect of a tempest" kind of shit. Some of these are gonna be real annoying to get even if you have all 3 leagues on I think. And yeah the get everyting from a past league are gonna be terrible unless the league stones have mods that make it easier, some of them were annoying even back when the leagues were permanent, but now you need to do several of them with the leagues being "temporary". Unless you can roll a rare leaguestone with "spawn perandus rare chest guaranteed" or some shit, it's gonna be a pain in the ass.

Not sure I'll be playing at all though so whatever.

Also the melee "buffs" look like melee nerfs. They'd need to boost damage on weapons a fuckton to make the nerf to aoe worth it. I mean, it's a decent enough way to balance melee, if they make them hit a lot harder by in a shittier aoe, that kinda works, just atm it looks pretty bad and seems like you'd want to run projectile anything build, and if melee dmg is up, projectile melee(lightning strike, frost blade, this kind of shit).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a lower ceiling on what a life-based melee character can survive versus a CI-based melee or just plain ranged? Assuming equal gear levels. Seems you run into random one-shot territory sooner as a life-based melee.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are we reading the same list ? In no way is finding every single perandus chest, every single beyond boss, every single warband and every single invasion monster RNG dependant. And don't get me started on essence bullshit.

Between my guild, /trade 820, and global 820 I'm supposed to think those are hard? Nothing on that list will be too hard in my guild let alone using the public challenge methods as they aren't gated behind timed and non tradeable RNG. Perandus is NP as a Zana mod or Leaguestone and is profitable to run. Beyond bosses are easy as hell with double beyond sea witches, pit map, or any method commonly used to farm Voidheart prophecy chain. Warbands can be target farmed since they are linked to certain areas and maps, even the worst one from that league was farmable. Essense can also be mods on leaguestones, or you can corrupt the purples, or you can corrupt 2 to = 3 in a tempest map......

Deathwing Deathwing short answer is yes. Life usually has life + defense though (evasion, armor etc). Granite flasks in this game are like an instant 8s defensive cooldown.

Pyros Pyros , for the third if I don't find in SSF i'll just buy shadows and dust and do in normal Legacy SC.

image1.JPG

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think the challenges are going to suck this time around. Sure you can target the random mash of required leaguestones by using the right combination, but while you do that you don't have any shot at the couple of other RNG-based challenges. because they need a different combination of leaguestones.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I really, really hope leaguestones aren't as rare as I fear them to be. Also I don't know if they've mentioned it, but anyone know if they're rollable? I'm assuming the league on stone is set implicit then you can prefix/suffix roll them with transmutes.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I really, really hope leaguestones aren't as rare as I fear them to be.

If they don't make them fairly common, it will be just strictly worse than the previous flashback leagues (that is, being forced to run whatever you have basically or its just standard).

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Read somewhere that they are corrupted but do have some kind of vendor recipe (the latter confirmed by a challenge). And yea they need to be common as shit or this league will get lame real quick.

• 1Like

Tenks

It would be really, really stupid if you had to choose between keeping a league stone or selling it for 5 EX