Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are there any other builds that are similar to Frost Blades and Flicker Strike in play style? I like frenetic, aim-but-not-really-aim machine gun builds. For comparison, Blessed Shield from D3 is probably my favorite build, charge barb being close second. Special mention for SSS monk when farming with unlimited SSS usage.

Could a Flicker Strike CI assassin be good? As in, better than current Flicker Strike Raiders. Would have to use that buffed sword obviously.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really you can do anything you want and do 95% of the game. I use assasin to go heavy crit almost always as a league starter because it bridges the gap in gear and allows me to do Shaper and Uber week 1.

Charge barb would be Cast on Crit type of builds like CoC Cospri's Malice. I have a full setup in standard for this if you need just let me know. - Forum - Shadow - [2.5] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | INSANE CLEAR | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL TOP TIER - Path of Exile

Blessed shield would translate well to spectral throw. The biggest difference is projectiles will return to you so you can fire and movement skill farther ahead - Forum - Ranger - [2.5] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - BSC Shaper and t16 viable - Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah same boat. But we'll see if I get too bored with every other game and pick this up sometime mid league.

That happens to me sometimes too, no biggy since i'm mostly self found. I usually do 2-4 weeks every new league but with the huge expansion coming this summer, and 'legacy' just not getting my juices flowing, figure I might as well wait.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm going to be distracted with all the console games coming out this week heh, might play this league in a month or so.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel the eco this league will be relatively fucked as well. Currency will be spunked on you with all these league stones but also with Perandus hard-to-find uniques will now not be so hard-to-find. I wonder if this league will feed a ton of mirrorable items into standard since so much currency will be floating around may as well use it on crafting.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not to mention in general RR guild is pretty dead overall, at least the first 7 leagues i was in it. Even my first casual guild after RR had 10x the amount of people RR has if you're looking for people to do challenges, group, theorycraft / talk builds, or in general a more social environment. The more hardcore one I'm in now has 50-100 people even at the end of leagues which is kind of crazy considering how boring the leagues get the last months.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'd like to do a spectral throw build. Preferably one that uses spectral throw as the actual damage, not just using it as a vehicle for cast on crit. Any suggestions on which class / ascendancy works best with spectral throw? Needs to work well with mostly self-found gear, as I hate bothering with trading.

Caliane

I'd like to do a spectral throw build. Preferably one that uses spectral throw as the actual damage, not just using it as a vehicle for cast on crit. Any suggestions on which class / ascendancy works best with spectral throw? Needs to work well with mostly self-found gear, as I hate bothering with trading.
HoWA

oh, well, not SSF I guess..

Elemental buzzsaw spectral throw seems to be still good.
Forum - Ranger - [2.5] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - BSC Shaper and t16 viable - Path of Exile

with all the weapon elemental nodes added as well, and 1h weapon buffs, this guide, modded with the WED nodes, should be even stronger in 2.6.
hrm, his 2.6 plan actually skips most of them. odd. he is point tight I suppose.
www.poeurl.com/6Kt

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khalid

Unelected Mod
Going to do berserker scorching rayCWCfirestorm to CwCwitherChaosFirestorm once I can get consumings/infernal. Been practicing leveling as marauder firestorm, pretty slow up until about lvl 30ish when I start hitting the templar damage nodes but shouldn't be too bad.

SRCWCFirestorm in a +1 scepter is enough to do maps and 3/4 ascendencies even a ghetto 5link should take me to midlvl maps while building currency for switch.

Caliane

GG threshold jewel for Frostbolt. dying sun good.

FrozenTrail.jpg

The frostblades one is utter garbage btw. its only like 2-4% more dps then a solid 7% life, crit, damage jewel. And no one in their right mind would give up the 7% life jewel, for that small damage. you can get damage everywhere in ranger territory. CI build is only option where its even remotely viable.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gonna start with a Terminus Est Flicker Assassin and abuse that double dip poison. Depending how well that does, might stick with it or try out a pure cold Frost Blade Raider.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Could a Flicker Strike CI assassin be good? As in, better than current Flicker Strike Raiders. Would have to use that buffed sword obviously.

I did one in essence league, didn't end up getting to the Starforge tho. Was using terminus est for some boss fights but mainly Hegemony staff. Mid tier bosses were usually pretty shitty since frenzy charge sustain was non-existant on single targets, so i'd have to frenzy a few times then spam a couple flickers then frenzy then flicker. Was annoying because frenzy either did shit dps or once I 5linked it, on the bosses i had to spam it, it made more sense to just keep spamming it instead of swapping between flicker and frenzy. Clears were pretty good tho, it was just the tough single targets that bothered me (guardians/shaper would probably be terrible).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm tempted to try the icecrash slayer Mathil posted, since it looks so dumb it should work.

Caliane

I'm going to give the EK pathfinder a shot. hope to get the nova threshold.

When I was trying to play the shieldcharge build, I spent alot of time using sunder. Found it pretty fun. And it was buffed single target. Might be solid now.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm settling with MoM Zerker EK for the SSF since I can't rely on uniques, thresholds, etc. The buffed MoM nodes look badass . Otherwise I'd love to give the new freeze pulse jewels a whirl.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The PoE subreddit was never great but it seems since the game has picked up popularity it is worse than ever

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't really read much of anything there other than official GGG posts and stuff like build compilations for new leagues by streamers and new tools/itemfilters threads, and I rarely read the comments in any of these either. I mean, that's how I use reddit in general, and I feel that's how you need to be using it if you don't want to read fucking retarded stuff all day, regardless of the subreddit you're on. I still find reddit useful because it's a central place to get all your news related to one specific game, or gaming in general, or other hobbies, and you really don't have to interact.

But yeah in general the bigger the subreddit, the worse it gets.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Reddit is only good for wasting time with dumb memes or to pick up on news and dev posts - that's pretty much true on all gaming subreddits I ever looked at.

Three hours until league and no idea what to play. I'm tempted to give SRS another go. I did start with that in essence but dropped it mid-cruel because the gameplay didn't thrill me. It's probably better when you get geared by maps but I couldn't be bothered and switched to barrage ranger (which is fun, if squishy).