Path of Exile

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I might go with Flameblast Totem as a league starter and then see where that takes me later on in the league depending on drops

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will be doing a dual wield max block gladiator at the start, nobody is even talking about 1 handers, so I should be able to acquire good gear for very cheap and farm lab to greatness.

Feel free to dump any 1h swords in the guild stash ;)

Caliane

yeah. foil crit multi was nerfed. Fatal blade was moved further from duelist. AND, nerfed a bit. less crit multi, more crit.
we don't know exactly how much base 1h damage is getting buffed.
axe/mace might be more ideal.

Claws are looking REALLY good for shadow/rangers. Claw damage nodes were very much buffed. if claw base damage is also increased more the swords, claws are definitely very desirable.
for frostblades. Touch of Anguish is already back to #1 choice, even without potential base damage buff. Just its raw damage with 100% conversion, and claw passives puts it on top. Even without chain.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
League stuff is neat so far, though it could have used some improvements on implementation. Feels like a lot of upkeep and micromanaging to keep checking your remaining charges on stones when you zone, swapping out the good ones if you're backtracking through a lower zone for a quest, stuff like that. The actual content though is a lot of fun.

I settled on a spectral throw build that's going to use claws (eventually). While leveling, I'm sticking to generalized nodes and will focus on claws later when gear isn't upgraded as often. I got a leaguestone that gave me a ton of perandus stuff, and bought a goldrim from the perandus guy, so that was nice

Ryanz

<Banned>
Made it to level 7 before drunkenly passing out after working for 12 hours woo! Woke up for some reason, time to get another 7 levels!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
As anyone else almost discouraged by all these foils spammed everywhere ? I know I don't play enough to get that shit and it won't matter anyway since I only play temp leagues, but it's quite annoying. Might play the league later, since I want the weapon effect, but I think I'll pass for now.

Caliane

since I cant just dump uniques I dont want into guild as easy, in SSF.

I got a pyre, and Wildfire threshold jewel(the new moltenstrike one) up for grabs. let me know.
.. And a deaths harp.
I suppose I'll make a list. and update it with uniques.

pyre.
wildfire jewel
deaths harp.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Welp fuck it sucked me in. Gonna start a tanky freeze pulser and may transitions it to pure crit.

It's going to be hard playing after last leagues meatball char I had. That shit was so fun.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Welp fuck it sucked me in. Gonna start a tanky freeze pulser and may transitions it to pure crit.

It's going to be hard playing after last leagues meatball char I had. That shit was so fun.

I don't think i'm going to last this league. nothing even semi affordable will compare to a pre streamer playing meatballer.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
not my season rip 3 times my own fault all three times. playing soft core picked up bad habbits.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I really hope 3.0 smooths out their leveling progression into maps. D3 has them beat quite easily in that regards. Dieing too often? Turn down the difficulty just a bit. Also, here's some fucking loot once in a while instead of being stuck with the same shit for the last 20 levels because you can't break up your gem slot colors and links. Also, your escape and movement tools aren't shit. Also, we'll give you some sustain worth a shit.

I find that last one a bit ironic because D3 had to get rid of leech. And yet they still give people better meaningful choices between defense, sustain, offense, and movement. Dieing to shit in PoE? Stop and farm for shit drops? There's some stuff you simply can't do anything about. Corrupted Blood as a rapid attack class? You die. Not in the way a staunching flask would help, with some mobs the game doesn't give you enough time to read their affixes and they don't give good visual clues. Leaping due in the sewers that ignore yours blink arrow decoy? You die. Physical reflect as a physical dps? You die.

Fuck, this game is frustrating. I'm stuck at level 52 at dried lake with 1600 HP and I don't feel even doubling that would help.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I misunderstood a talent, so wasted like 20 points going the wrong way on the passive grid, effectively bricking my character. Have to restart now since there's no real respec option, sigh.

Going to try archery instead. Spectral throw feels really smooth and fun to play, but the single target damage is ass, so bosses took forever.

Caliane

haha which?
Spectral throw takes a while to get going usually. best to start with 2h throw. 1h spectral throw is ass for a long time. Then, later transition into elemental, using auras and other sources of added elem via fast attacking and crits. (or at least that was the old way. Mathils dreamfeather was phys I assume.)

Caliane

I really hope 3.0 smooths out their leveling progression into maps. D3 has them beat quite easily in that regards. Dieing too often? Turn down the difficulty just a bit. Also, here's some fucking loot once in a while instead of being stuck with the same shit for the last 20 levels because you can't break up your gem slot colors and links. Also, your escape and movement tools aren't shit. Also, we'll give you some sustain worth a shit.

I find that last one a bit ironic because D3 had to get rid of leech. And yet they still give people better meaningful choices between defense, sustain, offense, and movement. Dieing to shit in PoE? Stop and farm for shit drops? There's some stuff you simply can't do anything about. Corrupted Blood as a rapid attack class? You die. Not in the way a staunching flask would help, with some mobs the game doesn't give you enough time to read their affixes and they don't give good visual clues. Leaping due in the sewers that ignore yours blink arrow decoy? You die. Physical reflect as a physical dps? You die.

Fuck, this game is frustrating. I'm stuck at level 52 at dried lake with 1600 HP and I don't feel even doubling that would help.
Alot of this is just experience.
cruel dried lake is level 55. so you are under level. good for exp, bad for survival. 1600hp sounds low, still. Admittedly, I don't pay close attention to that anymore.

always run an immune to bleed flask, immune to freeze flask(for opening strongboxes.)
The red orbs and SOUND EFFECT for bleeding is pretty noticeable, once you learn it.
I feel like this a point, to mention. life and mana leech/flask regen, turns OFF the moment your pools are full. Example: 1000 life over 10s life flask, with immune to bleed during effect.
you have 1000 max life, and took 200 damage, down to 800. And, you use your flask.
800-900 1s-1000 2s Flask stops. Immune to bleed is gone, and, the flask will not heal any damage taken over the next 8s. So, immune effects, and the like due tend to be better on utility flasks, which will last full duration regardless.

Different builds have different capacity's to run reflect maps. yeah, many can't.

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

Do you have hideout/crafting benches ? Mastercrafting even at lvl 3 allows you to shore up most of the weaknesses on your gear.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
haha which?

Master of the Arena, in the Duelist area. Tooltip says it increases the range on melee weapons by +2, which would be a 25% bigger hitbox for spectral throw, so seemed very worth the points used to go there from the shadow starting area.

Turns out, even though you're using melee weapons with spectral throw, Master of the Arena doesn't work on it, which I didn't find out until it was too late.

Caliane

Master of the Arena, in the Duelist area. Tooltip says it increases the range on melee weapons by +2, which would be a 25% bigger hitbox for spectral throw, so seemed very worth the points used to go there from the shadow starting area.

Turns out, even though you're using melee weapons with spectral throw, Master of the Arena doesn't work on it, which I didn't find out until it was too late.
ah yeah. Spectral throw is not melee.
It WILL gain from melee WEAPON damage, but not melee damage.

I tend to get master of the arena on most of my ranger builds anyway honestly though. 20str, life regen.
Duelist area is pretty typical for spectral throw. not sure how 20pts would be wasted.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do you have hideout/crafting benches ? Mastercrafting even at lvl 3 allows you to shore up most of the weaknesses on your gear.

No, I skipped most of those because I thought they were end game crafting only. Guess I'll try again. I have a problem of hoarding most currencies and not using them. Hope Vorici's crafting is that useful. His missions are ass.