Path of Exile

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I paid a chaos for LMP because I was lazy. Don't regret it at all. I keep running duelists to 12 or so for LGOH, though.

I found Doedre's Damning the other day, so I could potentially have dual curses for those tricky fights without the extra 4 points.

I'm running a new build that I came up with for a bow templar. I'm thinking of dropping Iron Grip and Point Blank here to free up room for the unlimited curse. My prior build took the standard path and I just got the curse keystone because it was sitting there, but I've really enjoyed it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...PAD91GY6f8Tg==

Prime_sl

shitlord
How do you guys get your currency and where do you farm. I try to sell my decent stuff in trade chat, but no one ever buys. Running pub Fellshrine, but that is a pretty big hassle. Currently level 60. (SC)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How do you guys get your currency and where do you farm. I try to sell my decent stuff in trade chat, but no one ever buys. Running pub Fellshrine, but that is a pretty big hassle. Currently level 60. (SC)
I made a lot of money when I was gridning felshrine on my EA witch solo. Kill speed was very good(posted a video like last page) and I got plenty of alchs and chaos just looting stuff, then I got a bit of decent gear to sell, but not that much.

At 60 and higher, people won't buy crappy gear though pretty much. Your gear needs to be very good for them to bother spending currency on it, so you need solid rolls, everything else you just vendor or if you have the room you collect to make sets for chaos or 5 of each for rerolls(I collect all the rare jewelry for the 5 conversion, sometimes burn a few alchs on whites then convert with what I dropped). But there isn't really a miracle solution.

Talked about it with Budos but I saw some guy on softcore streaming an interesting farming build. Basically it's a low health dual totem build. Low health means you can proc those shitty unique boots you can buy for an alch, wondertrap, and they give +100%item rarity. Add gold rings and neck and you're looking at an easy 150%item rarity, maybe you can get item quantity on the rest of the gear too. Rest of the gear though needs high ES and you respec to ES nodes only once you reach lvl 50ish. The goal is to have 2k ish ES. Also mentionned another shitty unique, Springleaf, it's a shield that gives 6% health regen when on low life. Combine with Zealot's Oath to convert that into ES regen, and you now have 6% permanent ES regen when farming. To drop to low life, use Righteous Fire, then just run around dual totem curse and mine, usual stuff. The obvious issue is chaos damage so the amount of zones you can farm is limited, but the guy was doing Hillock runs in merciless and it's retarded easy and has a guaranteed boss. It's like a 2mins run with 1-5 rares on the way and there's very little risk involved. The ilvl is a bit lower than you'd get in act2 or act3, it's like lvl 52 only but that's still solid loot I'd say.

I just don't know if I wanna do it, while I wouldn't have an issue getting there, I don't like grinding/farming all that much so I'd do it for 2hours then shelf the char which seems pointless. But otherwise I'd say it's probably one of the best way to do it. You could also probably upgrade to Felshrine runs at some point once you have enough solid ES gear from the farming, I think you could hit like lvl 65 farming hillock and get 3k 3.5k ES. Then progressing would be very safe with a dual totem build anyway.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would think you could use blood magic auras to keep the low life maintained and also get whatever benefit from it.

I just found a pretty legit bug - If you use a reduced mana gem to cast auras, you can actually yank the gem out after and the auras will stay up at the reduced cost. Really useful for stacking a bunch of auras if you don't have the right slots.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Now that the servers are pretty much rock solid, I'm trying to decide what kind of HC character to make. It's haaaaaaaaard.

Edit: Hard to decide, I mean.

Edit2: My penis, too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I would think you could use blood magic auras to keep the low life maintained and also get whatever benefit from it.

I just found a pretty legit bug - If you use a reduced mana gem to cast auras, you can actually yank the gem out after and the auras will stay up at the reduced cost. Really useful for stacking a bunch of auras if you don't have the right slots.
You could blood magic some flat auras yeah I guess, better make sure your hp doesn't move though cause if you reserve more than your total health, you die, and that's a pretty stupid way to die ^^. Blood Magic being 245% increased cost and you not having health items or passives probably mean you won't reserve much though, maybe discipline or some shit. Could also reserve one 40% aura instead, that'd work.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Honestly, I think the best way is to get some lvl 1-35 gear that is amazing (i.e.:veryhigh dmg / dmg adds) and just make a shadow (I say shadow because they get good damage adds early), or any class you have the gear for, and just plow through the early levels. It's relatively easy to be able to 1 shot everything you run into up to level 25 easily.

The problem with going lvl 50+ is you start taking loot quality hits for being over level when you farm and gear is much more expensive later. Low level stuff is easy to get and you can pass it down without it really being attached to one character. Also the loot chance doesn't get better with higher level stuff, so the low levels are just as good as the later ones.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If anyone wants to make new characters on HC, around 9pm EST tonight, and run them up to act 3 (beating the content on the way to it), let me know. I'll be making a new character just to mess around and hopefully get some drops.

If you're interested, hit me up in-game: @BudosDies

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Talked about it with Budos but I saw some guy on softcore streaming an interesting farming build. Basically it's a low health dual totem build. Low health means you can proc those shitty unique boots you can buy for an alch, wondertrap, and they give +100%item rarity. Add gold rings and neck and you're looking at an easy 150%item rarity, maybe you can get item quantity on the rest of the gear too. Rest of the gear though needs high ES and you respec to ES nodes only once you reach lvl 50ish. The goal is to have 2k ish ES. Also mentionned another shitty unique, Springleaf, it's a shield that gives 6% health regen when on low life. Combine with Zealot's Oath to convert that into ES regen, and you now have 6% permanent ES regen when farming. To drop to low life, use Righteous Fire, then just run around dual totem curse and mine, usual stuff. The obvious issue is chaos damage so the amount of zones you can farm is limited, but the guy was doing Hillock runs in merciless and it's retarded easy and has a guaranteed boss. It's like a 2mins run with 1-5 rares on the way and there's very little risk involved. The ilvl is a bit lower than you'd get in act2 or act3, it's like lvl 52 only but that's still solid loot I'd say.
This is what i started doing on my ranger (still in Cruel) after Wondertrap dropped for me. Hillock and Felshrine are the best places to go. I'm doing Felshrine now. Basically, I waypoint to the beach, get the first zombie to whack me a few times to proc the boots, then waypoint to Felshrine. I have Dodge Arrows passive, so archers are a joke pretty much. Main thing you want to be careful of (if you don't have a buttload of ES, which I don't), is the golems. The rolls can hurt like a bitch, and (on Cruel) some have the aura that reflects elemental damage on allies or whatever. Also, make sure you take off all your life regen gear, and don't have any of those mana pots that remove life when you use them.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure I truly understand the mechanics of this game. My characters really start to become weak around level 26 in Act 2. The Church dungeon is super hard for me.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Well, the game has random loot and that can play a pretty big part. I had characters were even Brutus was a painfull and slow experience and then he dropped a rare weapon which tripled my paperdoll dps. On my most recent character, a frost witch, i wore a evasion helm all the way up to level 38. It was the only piece i could get which allowed me to slot the necessary supportgems.
The gem aspect is a double-edged sword anyway, while it's a cool idea, it potentially further increases the amount of shitty loot you get. A really nice rare armor with 2 slots will most likely not find a lot of use, simply because you can't get all the gems in.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, the game has random loot and that can play a pretty big part. I had characters were even Brutus was a painfull and slow experience and then he dropped a rare weapon which tripled my paperdoll dps. On my most recent character, a frost witch, i wore a evasion helm all the way up to level 38. It was the only piece i could get which allowed me to slot the necessary supportgems.
The gem aspect is a double-edged sword anyway, while it's a cool idea, it potentially further increases the amount of shitty loot you get. A really nice rare armor with 2 slots will most likely not find a lot of use, simply because you can't get all the gems in.
That's why the currency system is top notch. You can pretty easily take that 2 socketed armor and turn it into at least 4 slots with jeweller's orbs, and you have a decent enough chance to make it 5. Of course linking those slots becomes the real problem but just getting the sockets isn't a big deal.

But you should always be on the lookout for specific white (and even blue) armors/weapons that have 4,5 or (if you're really lucky) 6 linked sockets. You can alch/exalt/chaos it over and over until you get something good, and it's actually easier to do it that way than it is to attempt to 5L or 6L rare with good stats that didn't start with the sockets. In fact you can even just turn it into a magic item instead of a rare and keep rerolling it with alts until you get 2 good mods, then regal it. Lots of options.

To be honest though, until you are rich (have a ton of currency and already decent enough gear) I would just use the currency you have to trade for decent to good gear. It's way cheaper to get a "good" set of gear by trading than it is by making it yourself if you ask me. The only thing I bother to alch are Onyx amulets and prismatic/sapphire/ruby rings. I don't bother with Topaz because Lightning resist seems to be WAY easier to get than the other 2 elements.

Charles_sl

shitlord
You can make the sockets of an item any way that you like. Of course the chance of doing it quickly lessens as you need more sockets linked and colored but I have socketed and linked several rares that I needed to use at the time for a pretty cheap amount. In general it's very easy to get 3 links, I've triple linked things in one fusing for example. If you need 4 links that you can easily buy a 4 linked white item for an alchemy orb and then roll it yourself if you can't find one that suits your needs.

To me the gem aspect is one of the best part of the game, it's combined with the skill system as the best part of the game, which is the customization. You can make your character any way that you want to and that's just great.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
At the same time rolling items can take a lot of currency since it's heavily RNG based. Not saying I don't like it but I popped 60alts on my shield yesterday for example trying to get a high health roll+high resist and I never got one, settled for high health+mana cause I was running out. Chaos rolling is even worse, you need a really large amount of chaos to even consider it.

In a lot of cases, you're better off checking what people sell for a few hours while you play and buy already made stuff. Also better off not trying too hard on the socket stuff until you hit merci, if you don't have the currency to back it up.

Do hope they patch new skills soon though. I wanna try new stuff. Atm I'm running a bit empty, most skills I've already tried or I just don't see how they're gonna work in endgame. My last idea was decent but I don't know if I wanna bother investing in it since it's gonna take a while to figure out if it's viable or not, the idea was to use hatred+hrimsorrow gloves with a 2H and like cleave or sweep and high elemental+weapon elemental dmg to get freezing procs non stop with a melee char, but I don't know if it's gonna be enough or what, then I have the issue of the ressources to use(if I go blood magic I can't use hatred, if I go mana I won't have the mana to spam a massively buffed cleave I think and if I go blood magic support I won't have the regen to support it unless I also go lifeleech on it which severely limits the support I can use).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Pyros, after trying so many builds, what would you say has been the most fun to play? How about which have you found as the most powerful? I've been meaning to try a double totem build. It looks pretty fun and different, not being able to attack directly and all, but I worry it won't really hold up endgame.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dual totems is really strong, but it's a very passive slow style. I mean not slow slow, but it's slow paced. Drop a totem ahead, see if it aggros anything, move up a bit, drop another etc. Once it aggros, drop 2nd totem near it, curse whatever, maybe drop a few mines/traps, wait for stuff to die, move on and so on. It is one of the safest build but arguably it's pretty boring to play. Some people like it though.

For what I found the most fun I'd say explosive arrow was really nice and melees are fun when not fighting bullshit mobs like charging stuff, those are fucking stupid as fuck and I hope they nerf the charge damage at least a bit or make the monster version not stun all the time. It's really fucking annoying that a haste charging mob will almost guarantee to connect AND stun you regardless unless you have unwavering, which generally opens more charge mobs to hit you. Fast melees that is, ground slam and stuff I find boring as hell, but fast attack speed melees are pretty fun to play.

The more I play the more stupid balancing issues I find though. For example, why is Freezing Pulse mana cost 20% lower than Fireball or Spark and up to 100%lower than the most expensive spells like EK. I can understand it's lower than EK/Firestorm/Ice Nova/Arc but why is it lower than Fireball and Spark? Then it does very good dmg, has a solid chance to freeze and chill even on non crits, pretty dumb. Makes it very hard to build a caster for example without coming back to spamming FP cause it's the best spell in the game. The expensive spells don't do nearly as much damage as they should considering they cost twice as much to cast. EK is actually the only good expensive spell for its price imo, Arc/Firestorm/Ice Nova are all decent spells but their power in now way justifies their costs, especially since they also all suffer from heavy downsides(firestorm is static and "over time" damage, icenova is a pbaoe and arc has 50% dmg effectiveness so it's fairly bad for single target).
Even EK scaling "issues" don't matter in the face of perma chill+high freeze without having to use EB to support it.

Then melee attacks are all messed up. Cleave does 70% efficiency, has a fairly short range and increases 3% per level. Ground Slam has a larger AoE, also 70% and increases 4% per level AND reduces stun treshold. Sweep has 75%efficiency, 3% per level, 360? aoe and knockbacks. Why is cleave the worst, what advantage does it have other than working with DW and 2H swords. I mean that's not even an advantage, that's the only option.

Anyway looking for a new build, was playing a summoner but it got boring, used to like the playstyle more.

Dashivax

N00b
Yeah not only do a lot of the melee skill gems just not make sense power wise, but the support gem options for melee skills are pretty lackluster too, basically just more damage. I'd like to see them add support gems that drastically change how melee attacks are used, similar to how LMP/GMP/Chain can completely change ranged attacks.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Short video of a Felshrine run on my new explosive arrow witch, surprisingly powerful and fun to play. Video I was still 2 levels under Felshrine (so 57) and was already killing stuff super quickly as shown, and that's without the big fire node or the burning node.

Well I have the radius passives in witch and templar, but also using concentrated effect. It does a pretty large aoe when you stack the charges though(each charge adds +2 radius) and proliferation itself which spreads the burning is like even large than the explosion so even if mobs aren't in the explosion, they end up burning and die regardless. Using Explosive, concentrated effect, chance to ignite and elemental proliferation.

This looks fun. Haven't played PoE at all yet. Just start as Witch and equip a Bow ? Is the Explosive Arrow skill gem most easily available by playing a Ranger to Act 3 (espeically for someone who hasn't played yet) ? (roughly what lv is Act 3 btw ?)

Thanks.