Path of Exile

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I wish that cruel + had unique content from normal, I know it would be a lot of work but I just can't find the fun in running the same thing over and over again hoping for a miniscule chance of an upgrade. Does anyone know the default drop chances by the way?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I wish that cruel + had unique content from normal, I know it would be a lot of work but I just can't find the fun in running the same thing over and over again hoping for a miniscule chance of an upgrade. Does anyone know the default drop chances by the way?
Not sure if this is true but I remember reading somewhere that they had planned on having 10 acts total eventually. If that happens I assume they will cut out the "extra" difficulties completely and just ramp up difficulty through acts (acts 1-3 are "normal", 4-6 are "cruel" with the -resists and all, 7-10 are "merciless"). I know before OB they only had 2 acts and had 4 difficulties (Ruthless after merciless) and cut out Ruthless once Act 3 was added.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
God I hate the Bear trapper in act three, Totally avoiding that asshole nect time around >.<
He does suck a load of donkey ass but while you are trapped you can still do the leap skill and I assume the teleport as well. With 62% mitigation I can just lifeleech through his bullshit fairly consistently now.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How do you get Chromatic orbs now? Trading in a three colored item doesn't work anymore.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yes that is how it used to be...it doesn't work anymore. I meant 3 different colored item.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Man, been busy with work.
First time logging in. Skillgem art is pretty sweet.
It is pretty cool, only thing I don't like is I can't tell skill gems from support gems at a glance anymore.

About the Chromatics. the three colors have to be linked. It should be working, I sold some a couple hours ago.

Khane

Yes that is how it used to be...it doesn't work anymore. I meant 3 different colored item.
3 color linked items don't trade for chromatics anymore? If that's true I'm guessing they just want chromatics to be worth more?

Just thinking of an Awesome idea to throw some Fun in this Mix,How bout a lvl 28 Twink 3v3 battle league could be either on hardcore or default. Default would work for people who play on both hc and default, casue i know i got a lot of stuff in default just sitting around in my stash from Hc deaths.Just throwin it out there what do you guy's think?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sorry, I sold two last night and could've sworn they were all linked. I blame the beer and Xanax
frown.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You all know to do a world tour of all the vendors in all the acts after each level up, right? It's a very easy way to turn shitty low end currency into chromatics, jewelers, +20 onyx amulets, and armor pieces that already have good sockets/links without using up your good currency. Starting at around 40 you can average 4-6 chromatics per level, and by the 50's it's more like 5-8 chromatics and about a 50/50 chance at getting 7 jewelers (or a potentially useful 6 socket item if you don't sell it).

Khane

I did not know that the vendors update their items after a level up.

That is good to know, thanks!

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Just thinking of an Awesome idea to throw some Fun in this Mix,How bout a lvl 28 Twink 3v3 battle league could be either on hardcore or default. Default would work for people who play on both hc and default, casue i know i got a lot of stuff in default just sitting around in my stash from Hc deaths.Just throwin it out there what do you guy's think?
I like this idea. I'd be down. Default makes more sense to me.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
You all know to do a world tour of all the vendors in all the acts after each level up, right? It's a very easy way to turn shitty low end currency into chromatics, jewelers, +20 onyx amulets, and armor pieces that already have good sockets/links without using up your good currency. Starting at around 40 you can average 4-6 chromatics per level, and by the 50's it's more like 5-8 chromatics and about a 50/50 chance at getting 7 jewelers (or a potentially useful 6 socket item if you don't sell it).
Not played till last couple days so only know about the Chromatics for R-G-B. What are jewellers and 20 Onyx amulets about/for ?

Is it worth keeping blue jewellery or flasks for any crafting recipes or just sell them as junk ?

Penance

Not played till last couple days so only know about the Chromatics for R-G-B. What are jewellers and 20 Onyx amulets about/for ?

Is it worth keeping blue jewellery or flasks for any crafting recipes or just sell them as junk ?
Chromatics can usually be bought for Wisdom scrolls I think. The jeweller orbs are from buying 6 slot items and selling them back.

I keep high quality flasks to reroll with transmutations? (or is it alterations? forget). But you should usually pick up all superior flasks so you can sell 1(20%) or multiple(total of 40% quality) for a Glassblower Bauble.

Vorph

7 jewelers for any 6 socket item. +20 to all stats onyx amulets are good for using with orbs of alchemy/chance (if you like gambling with <1% odds).

Blues are mostly useless. The jewelry you can 'cheap scour' with skill gems if you want to get back a max roll white to redo with a alchemy/chance. Save superior flasks until you can add up the quality to 40% and sell them all together for a glassblower's bauble.