Path of Exile

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lol mathil was at 1% hps left on piety when it booted him. I'll never understand how game companies can't anticipate and plan for this kind of shit.
Cause it's cheaper to just let shit burn than to get like 10x as much infrastructure as you'll need two weeks from now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
this outage looks like the big one, maybe they updating

Tuco Tuco I thought with modern server services the provider could flex for events like these and then drop off. I thought it was part of the package. I'd seriously doubt ggg actually owns it's own server equipment.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
this outage looks like the big one, maybe they updating

Tuco Tuco I thought with modern server services the provider could flex for events like these and then drop off. I thought it was part of the package. I'd seriously doubt ggg actually owns it's own server equipment.
I have no idea what GGG does, but I'm guessing they rent out with a server group somewhere and they wouldn't give them cheap rates on installing all the PoE bullshit on some servers for a couple weeks.

I kind of wish Amazon Web Services provided that kind of service for good prices outside of black Friday, but for whatever reason that hasn't caught on.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Got to Vaal again at 25% started lagging hard, killed him but crashed when trying to zone act 3. If I get rolled back to act 2 again I'm gonna be mad >:|

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hperscalability hasn't worked itself into the gaming server market yet. You would think if a market needed it it would be this one. But it's mainly for back end web shit and CRM/ERP backends.

Anyway let's try this again.

EDIT: Nope get fucked

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm feeling bummed for ggg given the amount of streamer advertising they had going today.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's not but AWS doesn't support everything I thought. I'm no tech guy but I used to sell this shit and I remember talking to one of my engineers and asked him the same question. And w/o misquoting him it was basically like "they aren't built for that stuff"