Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, scratch that actually. It's been a while since I played the character and I forgot that you must avoid increased AoE unless it's attached to something like Dying Sun. The last thing you want is the balls traveling further away from the boss and having even more of them miss entirely.

For pure Cyclone I think I'd take the 30% AOE even though it only works out to like +2 radius. Molten Strike/Cyclone is the only way to roll though, imo.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Molten Strike wiki entry seems to suggest inc AOE is essentially neutral. I was just commenting that 30% increased area probably isn't that much.

Vorph

Coverage percentage stays the same, but when you're trying to hit something in the dead center of the circle it becomes less and less likely as the area increases.

Caliane

Mirage archer.

Some bex and mark_ggg posts to help clarify wtf this is.

"The Mirage Archer support causes supported bow skills to create a Mirage floating above your head when the skill is used. This mirage will use the supported skill with reduced attack speed, acting like a ghostly turret that will attack your enemies even while you move around. Every time you use the supported bow skill, it refreshes the Mirage Archer's duration

There's a limit of one Mirage Archer. So one will replace the other if you use skills in sequence.

It triggers when you actually use the skill. You can't spawn it without hitting an enemy with the skill.

It's like a minion or totem.

It would curse the target but the Mirage Archer can't give you charges or on-hit benefits.
It won't work with Ranged Attack Totem or Siege Ballista yet, but we hope to have it work in future, if it doesn't break everything. It currently causes problems because of the Mirage Archer limit of one.

It cannot support Minion skills.

You only need to hit enemies to summon the Mirage Archer, not damage them, so you can still do that with AB. The Archer is not you, so can still deal damage.

No, for the same reasons it doesn't when a ranged attack totem gets the kill - it doesn't have the equipped bow and any of it's socketed skills to trigger."

so...
its a JoJo referance.
it is a totem basically. But, might not have the totem tag. its hard to say. mechanically it is. it does not use your bow, it does not count as your damage, for EE, frenzy charges, etc.
It is summoned ON HIT. which is a bit dissappointing imho. not as great for coh as I would like. depends on duration I suppose.

Bex_ggg"
"Unfortunately, the last remaining support gem won't be revealed until after 3.1.0 It won't be in at release but it will be introduced soon thereafter. We're extremely sorry about the delay."

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
DP nerf kind of sucks I didn't find it to be OP damage at all on bosses but the AE for sure was almost the whole screen.

Slayer is going to be still very wild, using 2 worm flasks lets you keep up the more damage multiplier from recent kills on Shaper etc and the cull is still very worth it on top of the leech bonuses.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
4 totem whispering ice CI hiero if I play.

People can have have fun killing each other over vaal axes and baron helms.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I couldn't think of the name for Atziri's disfavor at the time. Homey don't play spiked price item builds.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've gotten more and more into this game over the years and I'm thinking about going hard to get the 36 achievement portal this time around, but, I only play SSF. How much of an impediment is that gonna be? Will the process just take longer (based on RNG) or could I be pretty much fucking myself by removing the ability to trade / group with others for some of the more rare and difficult ones?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
So, I really liked playing a build with high block and Aegis Aurora this last league. I also kinda want to start a SRS build this weekend on the new leaque. Is it completely dumb to even try to combine that, or just somewhat dumb?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've gotten more and more into this game over the years and I'm thinking about going hard to get the 36 achievement portal this time around, but, I only play SSF. How much of an impediment is that gonna be? Will the process just take longer (based on RNG) or could I be pretty much fucking myself by removing the ability to trade / group with others for some of the more rare and difficult ones?

You're going to have a much harder time in SSF without /trade 820 because of like you mentioned RNG. You can for sure do it SSF but its going to be much much slower. The first 36 in non SSF isn't bad at all, its the 37-40 which I would equate to the same amount of time it takes to level to 100.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Give it a few hours, it's only about 10:50AM in NZ as I post this.

I'm betting Bloodseeker won't be nerfed, the downside of being stuck with a sub 300 dps weapon is enough. Also, having to use blade flurry to map.
What's wrong with BF btw?

EE's actual build video doesn't show much in the way of mapping, but his new currency making video has a section where the BF Block Gladiator is doing its thing in the background:

It's no Cyclone obviously, but it looks a lot better than Cleave to me. Maybe Sunder is better but I don't like Sunder, and expect it to get nerfed anyway.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Comparing it to cleave is likely accurate. Decent but with shortcomings that are easy to overlook as density and attack speed ramp up. Never really approaches what you can do with sunder or cyclone. My main problem is the turn speed is horrible.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damnit dark pact got double nerfed. Wonder if it will still be worth rolling. If nothing else seems fairly cheap for a league starter still.

Vorph

Triple nerfed if you count VP. Seems like a terrible league starter to me, but league starter and lab runner are synonymous as far as I'm concerned.

Caliane

pretty huge desecrate buff, for those of us thinking of Corpse explosions this league.
5 corpses, 3s cd, and .8s cast.

Desecrate: Now creates 5 corpses (up from 3). The cooldown has been reduced to 3 seconds per stack (down from 5), and the cast time has been reduced to 0.8 seconds (down from 1). Desecrate's maximum corpse level now grows more steadily as the skill gem levels up. It can now create higher level corpses at most levels, except level 19 of the gem, in which the maximum corpse level has been lowered from 100 to 81

• Minion Life Support now affects Minion Life multiplicatively (it now provides 30% MORE Minion Life rather than 30% increased Minion Life) at level 1 of the gem (up to 49% more life at level 20).
whoa. unexpected. uh, is unstable minion builds back on the table?

• Bisco's Collar: Chance to drop from monsters has been greatly reduced.
lol.

The Dancing Dervish: While Manifest Dancing Dervish is active, the Dancing Dervish now has a 25% chance to grant you a Rampage kill when it hits a unique enemy. The minion created by this unique can no longer cross unwalkable gaps. These changes affect all versions of the item.

woah!!!!! huge. Serious buff to silly item. Shit was unplayable, because you couldn't reliably get rampage vs bosses.

• The Hedge Maze has been removed and both Chitus' Plum and the Trial of Ascendancy have been moved into The Imperial Gardens.
whew lads.

Last edited: