Path of Exile

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hmm may try the new lightning tendrils.

I wouldnt get baited into it. Theres nothing new about it, same shitty aoe. All they did was add the channeling tag.

Also as far as Ice Crash goes, this would be the league to do it with Facebreakers as a starter.

Caliane

Anyone more knowledgeable than me when it comes to melee able to answer a question about the build I posted earlier? It's a Slayer that uses Wings of Entropy as the weapon and Bringer of Rain supported Sunder. Is there any reason I couldn't just use Ice Crash instead of Sunder, equipping Hrimsorrow for the full cold conversion, and still use the same exact skill tree? It should receive all the same dmg bonuses as Sunder does from both DW, 2H, and axe nodes I think... or am I missing something?

Also: Forum - Announcements - 3.1.0 Item Filter and Passive Tree Information - Path of Exile just got posted.
more or less. but if you are doing 100% cold conversion, I am not sure you dont want to swap up, and go over to ranger weapon elemental damage passives.

Sunder has alot more range then icecrash. I just jumped in and gave icecrash a shot. yeah. could be ok. but, smallish aoe. whats mobility plan?
... I feel like icecrash should be a QOTF raider/pathfinder...

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I wouldnt get baited into it. Theres nothing new about it, same shitty aoe. All they did was add the channeling tag.

Also as far as Ice Crash goes, this would be the league to do it with Facebreakers as a starter.

Cwc arc for trash swap out for single target.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
whats mobility plan?
The usual weapon swap to Brightbeak/PE w/ Leap Slam/FA/BM. The guy who made the build has a video up with him clearing uber lab in 4:11 as a fresh 70 using just the basic gear. That's Sunder, not Ice Crash.

I think I'm going to stick with the build and just forget the Ice Crash idea. I would end up needing to color Hrimsorrow with RRRB and that would require dicking around with Vorici crafting. Main reason for Ice Crash being considered was the reddit post today about leech mechanics. Having just plugged both Sunder and Ice Crash into the spreadsheet, I'm seeing ~2500 hp/sec leech (without VP) for both with Sunder's leech actually lasting an extra second.

I think I'll probably dump all the regen nodes and take VP though. Leech bumps up to 5k and I only lose about 460 life/sec regen. Just need to get a Writhing Jar before I spec into VP. Also going to abuse Soul of Arakaali with CwDT-Blood Rage-Immortal Call.

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cwc arc for trash swap out for single target.

Dont understand the why in this league. Just normally you can clear maps with a 4L shock nova in gloves with some essence for a pseudo link. This league you can just straight up run a 6L clear spell and a 6L conced tendrils for single target.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Says the guy named Rienne.

WTF is up with ranking windripper that high? Flicker Strike + Ancestral Call looks fun though, hadn't though of that.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
and the missing Lightning Tendrils for Kiroy

LightningTendrils.jpg

That actually looks worse than it was before. Same damage, same crit, same effectiveness, slower cast speed and can no longer be spell echoed.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
His name is cutedog, anything he says is invalid.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. Not to name anyone, but streamer with green hair...

On that tier list l guess I'm missing something, some builds named more than once, once on unplayable and another on the S tier.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oro's would probably be the only way to sustain it relatively well. But at the same time, why wouldn't people have done that already?

Only discharge flicker strike build I ever played used the self-ignite damage buff route with martyr of innocence, fun and was faster then normal Oro or Terminus flicker route but way squishier. Hoping ancestral call can bring some fun back to the more unused melee gems since its basically cyclone / molten strike / blade furry for everything it seems.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So the more I'm thinking about it the more I'm starting to understand what GGG is doing with this item power creep. Essentially, with these new base game atlas items, GGG is enabling a shit ton of new builds that are purely based on insane chase rares that are going to synergize in ways that it will take months for people to fully understand. I think the 'secret' goal is to extend that population drop off after a few weeks of a league by giving players that drop item that will enable or power up some sort of build that almost no one else (or very few) players can make. I know after a few weeks I start to burn out but if I get that GG 6L 1h weapon or helm drop, or a bow drop with that insane fucking cold per dex modifier, i'm sure as shit making a new build.

Power creep will for sure be an issue but they can deal with that down the road (likely by buffing mid-high tier map mobs ect).

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
and the missing Lightning Tendrils for Kiroy

LightningTendrils.jpg

That actually looks worse than it was before. Same damage, same crit, same effectiveness, slower cast speed and can no longer be spell echoed.

I still may roll the dice. Check out this post in a discussion on if it's garbage or not:

I had to make a post specifically to address this, because pre rework tendrils is just busted.

The cast time on tendrils did not take into account the animation timing, and so cast speed didn't actually result in recasts at the suggested intervals.

I went from storm burst to lightning tendrils because paper DPS was about 4x as high, but in the end simply swapping out tendrils for ball lightning with paper of 50% of tendrils did observably more damage, with more area, and without animation lock.

I don't know how the rework addresses this but lightning tendrils, before 3.1, is basically broken. If the cast and animation times are synced with the new version, it's an automatic buff, before the fourth pulse bonus.

I cannot stress enough how bad the spell is currently. Ball lightning only loses to it if you are doing area damage scaling. Even in the hit count, lightning orb is higher. And since they are both low damage multi hit attacks, I don't think even shock comes into play.

Whatever 6L has tendrils in it, swap ball lightning and switch a gem for slower proj and you will always do more damage because of the animation timing on tendrils.

With channeling, there should now be a 1 to 1 correlation between pulses rate and cast rate.

It does lose echo, but I imagine the animation timing fix will actually result in a faster actual cast rate with increased cast speed support over current with echo.

tldr: tendrils got a huge buff if this fixed the animation timing.

If it's garbage it won't be the first time I made it to 70+ and rerolled to something else at the start of a league.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ive made a few 4L shock nova and 6L lightning tendrils characters. Id take what that guy says with a grain of salt. Tendrils right now is one of the better single target spells, ball lightnings with 0% projectile speed dont even compete in the same league as it. For reference, FoxTactics used it a lot in his builds. You can probably find some builds/videos of his.