Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
3 Deodre's elixer so far, think it's trying to tell me something. I didn't know which quest it was in act 9 just heard people mention it on a stream or something.

I would hate to be running this league as a toally new player, the wiki still kind of borked.

Last edited:

Borzak

The quest they moved in act 9 I think it's got a pretty big bug. I went to oasis and then entered the sand pit. I couldn't move anywhere from zone in. So I ported out and looked it up, nothing there. So ported back and could move and the "boss" which I never saw sat right next to me I am assuming and I got a message kill soandso and saw that on the health bar. Never saw a boss, never moved from the entrance at all, and never got any loot, got a message to talk to Sin, but never saw him since I couldn't move from zone in. Oh well pantheon completed.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lycosidae being rare but unchanged is such a weird design decision. It’s like Shavs - it’s now an expensive build defining unique with no real budget option available to fill the gap until you get it, without completely respeccing a bunch of nodes and changing half your gear.

There’s also the issue that the increasing amount of uniques and rare mods keeps making the shield better and better over time, as the number of slots available for gearing accuracy keeps dropping.

They probably should have redesigned it to be slightly worse for endgame so it could be used as a stepping stone. -% crit multiplier or something, making it a mini-RT rather than a complete fix with minimal downside. Or bring down the block% significantly to make it worse defensively.

This is a problem that is a 20/20 type thing. They make an item and can't really predict that it will literally be a complete and utter build enabler. They gotta be careful with this type of item and make a choice whether they wanna nerf or rare it up. In the case of this shield I think they made the right move. This shield was essentially a common drop shavs (during es meta). I think they made the right move.

Alternatively, they gave bisco's the same treatment which I think was the wrong move.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah bisco's should probably be removed and let the people who have it in standard keep it as legacy and that's that. I'm fine with Lycosidae being rare or even common like it was before. I've played plenty of chars that never used Lycosidae and didn't miss it in the slightest.

Think i'm going to try 2h wildstrike this time instead of using ele 1handers like I usually do. Leaning towards a Hegemony's Era for it, at least until I get a gg weapon (if).

Caliane

• Fixing Volley with Magma Orb projectiles so they continue to go parallel after they bounce.

I got bored with the 2h icecrash. I even converted it to sunder with Wings of entrophy. But still.. ehhh.
So rerolled. I went to standard and tested out some of the mirage archer, volley, etc mechanics. plan was primarily necromancer-summoner. Actually got some sick minion abyss jewels.

But that is one thing I noticed. started the witch, got magma orb and volley. holy shit, that is pretty awesome. I don't remember if magma orb was one we really considered for volley. but its pretty fantastic. way better then normal lmp/gmp, magma orb. The only problem is as that note mentions, the volley pattern breaks after the first bounce, and they go back to normal cone.
Volley magma orb took me through normal on my necro though.
(volley+solaris banners pretty good too, with their fork.)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just leveled with SRS, you put SRS+minion damage+meleesplash in a 3L +1fire wand and it basically clears the entire story super fast with no upgrading required, as long as you're getting some minion/duration nodes on the way and using flesh offering. The bosses melt stupidly fast too including Izaro and Kitava, especially if you can be bothered replacing the melee splash with multistrike on them specifically. Can do a 4L +1minion helm upgrade but I generally keep zombies+minionlife+golem in there to provide the meat shields.

Honestly haven't leveled as a caster for my minion builds in a long time since SRS became such a solid early skill and you can get melee splash without trading and shit. Obviously, before SRS you do still need to do caster but that's like 10mins or whatever since it's a lvl 4 gem, or however long until you can craft a fire wand. SRS works well as a fire and forget skill too, move forward, cast 2-3skulls, move again, cast 2-3skulls etc and shit dies as you're leaving/offscreen, so you don't waste much time, kinda like firestorm.

Volley magma sounds pretty good though if you scale the aoe a decent bunch, since you might be able to overlap the aoes too? Not sure if it scales the distance when you increase aoe.

Caliane

it does scale the distance with increased aoe. each bounce goes much further. so yeah. conc effect will allow shorter bounces to multihit fat bosses, while inc aoe, gives massive clear.
I am pretty sure, it does shotgun in a single wave as well. which is where volley comes in, since it keeps the pattern from spreading, and thus keeps that shotgun.

yeah, I avoided srs. I was a bit tired of it as well. the: stop. cast. wait for SRS to target, build up, and kill. move. stop. cast. wait for srs to target, build up, and kill.
I'm hoping spectres are a bit better with this, due to persistence. just stop, des/offering/conv. and spectres kill.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I meant the lateral distance from volley, not the bounce from magma itself. If it doesn't increase the volley distance then with a good amount of aoe you can possibly overlap all 3 balls on decent sized models, which would be pretty big damage.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Still a little squishy. Poisons and I think what is chaos damage WRECKS me. Missing a bunch of hit points. I think I'm finally OK. I need a good BP and helm.

I not a fan whirling blades. Anyone recommend a movement skill? Flask recommendations?

I can run 3 buffs, but my mana pool is damn near nil afterwards. I had to go to mana leech in my passives. Since it wasn't too far away I went for it. Is there anything else I can do for this other than using passives points?

As always, critique please!

Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Regal'd my first jewel today and the similar ones are 1ex+ on poe.trade that I saw, feelsgoodman.

I'm not sure if I like ancestral call on wild strike. It already had great clear speed, single target was the issue and ancestral call won't help with that part (only on bosses who summon lots of things). Haven't ever played 2h wild strike though so maybe with the lower attack speed the clearspeed will benefit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You got barrage--, don't hope for much more.

Also, why is that cheese? Single target is what molten strike is for.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm pretty sure they didn't design ancestral call to be a 100% more multiplier for molten strike on single target.

The only way they could probably fix it is by adding a minimum range on ancestral call so that you can't double stack your balls and that's probably not going to happen but it's still stupidly op, especially considering some of the other things they like to nerf.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does it really matter? Molten Strike can already easily put out dps in the 10's of millions without using Ancestral Call. The only real difference is that you can use it for both clearing and boss deletion now if you'd rather not run a 4L skill too.

Also, I got the impression Deathwing Deathwing wasn't aware of the strange MS+AC interaction and was just suggesting you use MS normally.

Caliane

Still a little squishy. Poisons and I think what is chaos damage WRECKS me. Missing a bunch of hit points. I think I'm finally OK. I need a good BP and helm.

I not a fan whirling blades. Anyone recommend a movement skill? Flask recommendations?

I can run 3 buffs, but my mana pool is damn near nil afterwards. I had to go to mana leech in my passives. Since it wasn't too far away I went for it. Is there anything else I can do for this other than using passives points?

As always, critique please!

Without checking your guide base. I'd guess this is probably what the guide suggests, for the mana/life leech by vitality void.

Life and mana leech can be a bit complicated. mana leech is generally pretty easy to cap out with enough fairly quickly. that .4% from the dual life/mana leech node on the way to vit void is usually enough. While life leech you need much more.

Additionally the actual mechanics of leech is, again complicated. first, leech is not instant. Second, leech is capped as a % of your max life and mana.
Each hit, applies a leech instance. That leech is default, 2% of max life per second.

Leech

Borzak

Does the new map tab keep map fragments and chisels and such or just maps? For some reason I have half a stash tab for sacrifice fragments already.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Map tab is definitely worth buying but no, there's another tab coming for fragments, breachstones and splinters, divine vessels, etc. Unless it's dirt cheap (spoiler: it won't be) I can't see any point in buying that one.

Chisels already go in the normal currency tab.