Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Good day. Got a kaom's running lab for my 2% life regen enchant on boots, sold it for a shavs + various other gear for switching to lowlife in a few days. At the end of the night, threw my 75 fuses at it to try and get a 5link, hit a 6link.

Still don't have the currency to switch to lowlife yet though, so I'm a RF/Scorching ray life build with a shavs!

What's the low life build?

I still have to wait another few days to a week to sell this mirror.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You got a mirror!? I hate you.

There are like 3 things i've never gotten to drop: mirror, mjollnir and shavronnes (not counting stuff this league).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks will give that a look tomorrow when I can sit down a play some

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
He streams on twitch every night US time and answers questions on builds and such.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Can anyone recommend a decent build for someone who hasn't played this much? Gonna have some time off and thinking of giving this a go.

Start off as marauder and go sunder with 1h axe or 2h axe. this will take you through the base game easy. Then switch to cyclone and get a Ngamahu axe or however the fuck you spell it. Xophs blood, cacass jack or belly of beast 6 link later when you get cash...You can pretty much get to the mid 90s with that thing even further if you get the gear...

Something like this...
Forum - Marauder - [3.0] Ngamahu Cyclone Zerker by Waldgaist (Shaper and Guardians farmer) - Path of Exile

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you want to farm end bosses with a Ngamahu axe, do yourself a huge favor and just use EE's build. Cyclone is terrible boss dps and with Ngamahu only needs a 4L to instagib all trash (and there's probably some shaped/elder item out there that will turn a 4L into a 7L if you really want to go nuts). Molten Strike, on the other hand, absolutely destroys bosses with a proper gear setup. In light of the VP nerf, he's got both zerk and slayer versions to choose from now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Started a char on the new league and playing pretty slowly, as usual while I was excited by various stuff when it was announced, watching them on stream didn't look that interesting so went summoner again.

Trying out the new unique jewel that makes spectres short duration but give them 1000%crit and +2max spectres. It seems pretty strong so far for a side 4L thing, with all the duration stuff it lasts 44secs which isn't great but ok-ish, I'm using generic supports for it, specifically minion damage, crit damage and minion life(since a bunch of what you summon turns out to be melee or whatever, although I'm considering dropping it for something else just not sure what), the 1000%crit seems to basically give them 100%crit rate so they do quite a lot of damage, just need to make sure to not summon some of the really bad models so it's a bit annoying.

I was planning on AW with it but seeing as how you have to spend some time fiddling with the corpse thing to summon the right stuff, I'm thinking maybe SRS instead.

Abyss is pretty cool, you get a ton of loot from it so that's nice, very worth doing especially when the depths spawn since this place has a ton of loot, and I like that I have so many good jewels to use(although it makes the passive tree choices a bit stupider since in most cases spending 3points for +20random stats and a jewel is better than most other shit).

Caliane

soul wick seems made for the Unearth skeleton archers. no randomness with bodies. you get skel archers every time, to make spectres out of.
Summon hit % was always an issue. "always hits" is massive for mirror arrow builds. so, I do wonder how that works for the +crit of soul wick.

Cause you know its archers every time, you can then throw in gmp, peirce, etc.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The hierophant ascendancy talent where you gain a 6% damage stack when you or your totems get a kill has been pretty insane for abysses and the arena in the depths. Bring me more abyss maggots and spear gimps. 20 charges is not enough!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
soul wick seems made for the Unearth skeleton archers. no randomness with bodies. you get skel archers every time, to make spectres out of.
Summon hit % was always an issue. "always hits" is massive for mirror arrow builds. so, I do wonder how that works for the +crit of soul wick.

Cause you know its archers every time, you can then throw in gmp, peirce, etc.
Well apparently the dev who made the jewel said it wasn't made with Unearth in mind, he just liked the leveling spectre thing where you picked up random spectres as you progressed. Although with the new desecrate that kinda doesn't seem to be a thing anymore, before I used the jewels I just sticked to the same spectre and resummoned them when they died with Desecrate at the proper level.

I also don't think archers are that great. As you pointed out, accuracy is still an issue but only for attacks. Any spectre using spells doesn't give a fuck and I've been mostly trying to raise casters and shit. You can do it with archers I guess but at that point you might as well just do normal spectres and pick up solar guards instead, since that's going to be better than generic skeleton archers anyway.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was watching a steamer the other day and he mentioned something about them getting rid of reflect on maps/ map bosses, is this true?

Caliane

Well apparently the dev who made the jewel said it wasn't made with Unearth in mind, he just liked the leveling spectre thing where you picked up random spectres as you progressed.
oh, wow thats crazy.
I also don't think archers are that great. As you pointed out, accuracy is still an issue but only for attacks. Any spectre using spells doesn't give a fuck and I've been mostly trying to raise casters and shit. You can do it with archers I guess but at that point you might as well just do normal spectres and pick up solar guards instead, since that's going to be better than generic skeleton archers anyway.
I got the answer. With mirror arrow you can't do it, because you need to use a bow. however, with bone archers...
Lycosidae
Necromantic Aegis

I was getting a bit tired of my icecrash scion already. The hard melee is a bit annoying. Especially with abyss pitworms.. those fucking things for pure melee are cancer.
I was eyeing necro+specters. since that is something I had never done before. however, spectres does seem fairly unique item driven. Like here, feel like I would need lycosidae now, soul wick, and a few of the other +spectre items.

Where does animate guardian fit? like zombies are tanks, srs and skel are dps. Spectres dps. what is the guardian?

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was watching a steamer the other day and he mentioned something about them getting rid of reflect on maps/ map bosses, is this true?
That is false. Old reflect still exists as a map mod. New reflect as a rare mob modifier you might have already seen but didn't recognize it. It's called Elemental or Physical Thorns and the mob will have shiny round shield that will project spikes when you hit them. They are supposed to launch dodgeable mortars instead of instant damage, but I sure as fuck can't see anything to dodge.

EDIT: grammar...and to clarify, the spikes aren't actual projectiles, they stay on the shield. Makes it look like a round spikey ball.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That is false. Old reflect still exists as a map mod. New reflect as a rare mob modifier you might have already seen but didn't recognize it. It's called Elemental or Physical Thorns and the will have shiny round shield that will project spikes when you hit them. They are supposed to launch dodgeable mortars instead of instant damage, but I sure as can't see anything to dodge.

Cool thanks for that.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well I am kicking ass now! Breezing thru the low level maps.

Used some regrets and did like 20 of my passives and Jugg skills over. MUUUUCH better now. I also got a nice Le Heup ring and a 6 link chest (spent 1800 chrome orbs to get my colors right. Did I just waste a ton of em? Whatever.)

Start working on boots/helmet/neck. Read up on crafting/chanting etc. Still need more health! Also what flasks am I looking out for? And WTF do I have all my resists in the red?!!

Critique!

View Profile - Path of Exile - BrahmaDogAlpha

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How did you spend 1800 chroms coloring a pure armor chest with RRRRRR? Also, I hope you didn't pay too much for that chest, it is not a long-term item at all.

As for the rest, basically just follow EE's guide. You're missing a ton of skill gems that you should be using, gloves need to be set up properly, you're still using both cyclone and cleave, the link in your boots basically does nothing, etc. I only see one Overwhelming Odds jewel socketed in your tree; you need two of those.

Also, Belt of the Deceiver got nerfed into the ground in 3.1, and one of the key items for your build is Perseverence anyway. You could buy a 7% life /37% cold res one right now for 4c.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know if there was a patch or what but now I run into more than 3 mobs it's instant death and single digit fps. I turned every thing down and it's like watching a slide show. Yesterday it was fine at running very large packs at 120fps. Tried it on both computers and man totally unplayable.

Edit - dunno. Changing textures from medium to high puts FPS to >120 and normally around 200. Putting it to medium makes FPS drop to 15. Guessing something is corrupted on my end some place.

Last edited: