Path of Exile

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I crafted this jewel this evening and I can't find anything on poe.trade like; do you guys think it is worth anything?

screenshot-0054.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's a good jewel but really not meta. The best thing it'd be good for is poison AW, which is like super niche even amongst fairly niche summoner builds. SRS mostly scales elemental(fire or cold specifically, with EE lightning) and other builds don't have enough minions to make good use of flat damage(maybe skeletons, but again skeletons scale off elem mostly since I think mages do elem dmg).

So can't really help with pricing, it's probably worth a fair amount but not crazy especially since the chaos mod isn't the highest tier. Minion speed(both movement and attackspeed) jewels is what I think would be the most in demand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Anyone know if there is something like the aura calc/etc that are out there that can do life leech/rate calcs to help figuring out if more leech would be beneficial?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This xpansion is so much fun. Love the new changes that promote clearing all the maps and diff maps. Just chain running the same shaped map was the best thing I could do previously but just got so boring. Now there’s just all kinds of variety and I love it. Abysses also fun. Just wish there were more breaches (seems like they reduced the spawn rate maybe) and map drop rates seem worse to me too.

When does elder make an appearance? I’m about 25% thru the atlas and still just shaper in it, of which I’ve done 4-5. Is there something that triggers ?

Once you keep clearing maps the Shaper has infested you'll notice the Elder's area gets huge. You basically want to clear the side of Shaper maps for the difficulty you want the elder and guardians, if you want a white elder you clear white shaper maps or towards the outside etc. Once you have 15ish maps elder influenced and connected he and his 4 guardians will invade maps. You need to clear the 4 guardians before attempting the elder map or he wont spawn.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You need to do some yellow tier shaper maps to get the Elder influenced maps to show up at all. You'll know when the Zana quest line progresses.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I was hoping there was something better/more accurate than path of building since it didn't really seem like the numbers actually translated into actual game numbers on my BV char last league.

Mostly debating if it'd be worth getting a lvl 3/4 enlighten and some mana reserve passives to run warlords mark. Got 2% leech from the nodes near vaal pact and berserker ascendency for another 1% when I get savage hit at the moment.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The spreadsheet in this reddit post is more accurate than PoB: Leech Mechanics are Weird: A Slayer's Guide to Slaying (and Leeching) • r/pathofexile. In my experience PoB does get the "any more leech than what you currently have is useless" calc (seen when you mouse over an item or a leech node on the tree) right though.

Not sure what exactly you need to change if you aren't a Slayer; I don't really play anything else if I can help it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm ascendant using slayer/berserker and vaal pact.

PoB could've been right on my BV char, I dunno, it just felt like I had nowhere near the leech rates it was saying I had if I was against single targets. I guess it's not the end of the world if I buy the enlighten since I can use it on a future char.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's the reason most setups include blood rage in their CWDT for arakaali? Just to ensure it's up for boss fights?

Caliane

blood rage is a physical damage over time. immortal call makes you immune to physical damage.

Blood rage is key to constant activation of the 50% inc recovery.
when you take damage, cwdt activates. first have blood rage linked. then immortal call.
blood rage will activate first, then immediately IC goes, canceling the physical damage over time.
and since you, "stopped taking damage over time recently" you get the 50% increased recovery of life and ES, every single time CWDT activates.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
These shaped items have so many mods. It’s hard to figure out what is a valuable/sought after roll. Is it worth chaps spamming these items?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
blood rage is a physical damage over time. immortal call makes you immune to physical damage.

Blood rage is key to constant activation of the 50% inc recovery.
when you take damage, cwdt activates. first have blood rage linked. then immortal call.
blood rage will activate first, then immediately IC goes, canceling the physical damage over time.
and since you, "stopped taking damage over time recently" you get the 50% increased recovery of life and ES, every single time CWDT activates.
I get the interaction, but 99% of the time, Blood Rage doesn't need to be on CWDT since it refreshes itself. Or, does IC cancel the Blood Rage buff?

Caliane

the buff continues through. if you want to self cast bloodrage, by all means, go for it.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man you are awesome. I'm not going to lie man, the changes you and a couple others suggest, in my head, I'm like WTF would THAT small change matter? BAM! I'm untouchable now. Taking back those points for mana leech allowed me to move some points, which allowed me to equip another jewel, and add 30int and 30dex. With that 30int I was able to get another Kaoms equipped without ALL my gear going red on me. The Kaoms gave me another charge AND with the upgrade on the rings my regen is actually noticeable.

I swapped my flasks out, the good thing for my old man vision is that witches brew actually was a recommended flask.

Still looking for a chest piece. Poe.trade is NUTZ on the prices for any unique 6S/6L chest that isn't corrupted.

This game is just....deep. You have to read EVERYTHING.

Thanks again dude.
No problem. Just fyi on the Witchfire Brew though, the effect on it was drastically changed in 3.1 from something really good for your build to something that does basically nothing for you. Granted, it still has the standard stibnite flask effect, but a regular old magic one with good affixes would be better.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
These shaped items have so many mods. It’s hard to figure out what is a valuable/sought after roll. Is it worth chaps spamming these items?

Less than you'd think:

poeaffix

elder/shaped at the bottom once you pick the item.

I gotta say this league is great but the Atlas still needs tweaking. I'm a little bummed because with the new iiq I feel like they are pushing people towards sextents, and I abhor sextents because of what you need to do to your atlas to utilize the insane item/xp boost they give. Didn't seem to be as much of an issue in previous leagues but with the iiq drop it's a bit irksome. I honestly wish they'd do away with sextents w/o completely ditching the cool mods, and instead let some combo of sextent mods randomly spawn in shaper / elder covered maps via some mechanism. Maybe time, maybe player mapping manipulation, not sure.