Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Every time I get an abyss on a desert type map I think of Tremors. Keep waiting for Burt to come out shooting.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
How many times do you have to clean up Elder's jizz before the guardians show up ? I feel like I run Shaper's map once, it becomes Elder's then Shapers and so on. I'm not seeing much of a progression. I think I'll finally cave in and start buying maps, I like to know how deep can I get, but I'm stuck around t6-t7 and running lower maps with influence has not been helping my progress at all.

Scorching Ray with the new scepter is pretty nice,

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seems like with the new shape/elder items someone would be able to make a single target core using a chest (single target 20/20 gems) and a "six link" weapon/gloves/helm for clear. It really doesn't take all that much to clear even high tier maps at a pretty decent pace.
The gem supports on gloves/helmets/boots aren't that great. For dps, most of the good gem support affixes are on weapons.

Can anyone explain how the scorpion abyss monsters heal? I don't remember having this much trouble with them on my sunder character, but now on my frost blades, it's just a slog. Either they heal through my frost blades damage, or I try close to kill with molten strike. Which they either run away from continually or somehow heal through as well. Not even the diving bats are this annoying, they'll go down to MS pretty easy.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They either consume corpses or they leech life through attacks, I'm not sure which, but I can generally just burn them down.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The scorpions are annoying as fuck because of their running away AI. As a summoner they basically constantly run offscreen since minions just follow them and you do 0 damage. It's horrible when they get soul eater or some shit mod and don't die instantly. I've noticed you don't really have to kill them to progress the abyss stuff though, it seems just clearing everything else but like 1-2rares per abyss will still complete fine, so whenever I had a retarded one I'd just skip it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The gem supports on gloves/helmets/boots aren't that great. For dps, most of the good gem support affixes are on weapons.

Can anyone explain how the scorpion abyss monsters heal? I don't remember having this much trouble with them on my sunder character, but now on my frost blades, it's just a slog. Either they heal through my frost blades damage, or I try close to kill with molten strike. Which they either run away from continually or somehow heal through as well. Not even the diving bats are this annoying, they'll go down to MS pretty easy.

Someone said it's those little pods that spawn on the outskirts that spit little mobs. Supposedly killing those first stops the healing.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got something decent for shaper/abyss items, not sure what build could use this though.

3UKTpGH.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Someone said it's those little pods that spawn on the outskirts that spit little mobs. Supposedly killing those first stops the healing.
I thought that was for the bats. Either way, seems like frost blades with +2 chain should kill those incidentally.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok...I'm 86. WTF should I be doing. This map shit is getting corny. Especially since EVERYTHING I get is junk. I can NOT get my hands on a chest piece.

View Profile - Path of Exile - BrahmaDogAlpha
Uber lab (doesn't look like you've done it at all yet?), regular Atziri, move into red maps.

You should not ever expect to loot a specific item for your build. I mean, sure, it might happen... but aside from Atziri or Shaper drops the odds are against it. Save up currency, buy a Belly, and link it yourself. Just make sure you're aware that it might take 1000+ fusings to do. Or it could happen on the very first one. My personal best is about 450.

Other random stuff... shouldn't have gotten rid of Perseverance, definitely get rid of Witchfire Brew as it no longer does anything significant for your build, work on getting a pair of Kaom's Ways either through buying them or buying The King's Path prophecy that upgrades Sign to Way. The prophecy is cheaper by 2-3c. You're also much better off getting a 0.4% mana leech roll on a good jewel/amulet and backing out those mana leech nodes in your tree (and a single 0.4% node is all you ever need anyway, the cap on it is absurdly low).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Ok...I'm 86. WTF should I be doing. This map shit is getting corny. Especially since EVERYTHING I get is junk. I can NOT get my hands on a chest piece.

View Profile - Path of Exile - BrahmaDogAlpha

I'm still using a 5 link at 80. I need one with str and all the str 6 links are corrupted for sale which does me no good. Lot of int ones and it would take on average 17k chromo to get it changed to 4r 1g 1b as opposed to str whick is <30. There are 3 with str alread with right sockets and it's 450 chaos, no thanks.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Vorph Vorph that sunder slayer is doing well for me. Just about level 60 and then going to have to rebuild around the wing entropy and probably take time out to get all the other pieces at that time that aren't unique. I have the neck already and the entropy in a 5S / 4L config.

Vorph

Bringer of Rain is dirt cheap now too. Since you already have the neck, the only other piece even a little bit expensive is the Lion's Roar and that's actually started to come down in price too.

I've quit playing already due to disinterest/boredom with the league, but the build was solid.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Uber lab (doesn't look like you've done it at all yet?), regular Atziri, move into red maps.

You should not ever expect to loot a specific item for your build. I mean, sure, it might happen... but aside from Atziri or Shaper drops the odds are against it. Save up currency, buy a Belly, and link it yourself. Just make sure you're aware that it might take 1000+ fusings to do. Or it could happen on the very first one. My personal best is about 450.

Other random stuff... shouldn't have gotten rid of Perseverance, definitely get rid of Witchfire Brew as it no longer does anything significant for your build, work on getting a pair of Kaom's Ways either through buying them or buying The King's Path prophecy that upgrades Sign to Way. The prophecy is cheaper by 2-3c. You're also much better off getting a 0.4% mana leech roll on a good jewel/amulet and backing out those mana leech nodes in your tree (and a single 0.4% node is all you ever need anyway, the cap on it is absurdly low).

Great. I did a couple red maps that dropped. I will buy more.

Not sure how to do an Uber Lab...will you tube it.

Swapped belt back. Refunded mana leech. Will look for an amulet.

Grabbed a cheap ring. So have 2 Kaom's now. I assume for the charge anyway...

The Witchfire...sounds stupid, but it just makes things easy to see with that debuff on. What flask do you recommend?

Vorph

Grabbed a cheap ring. So have 2 Kaom's now. I assume for the charge anyway...

The Witchfire...sounds stupid, but it just makes things easy to see with that debuff on. What flask do you recommend?
That's the base ring. You need a prophecy to upgrade it -- The King's Path -- and then the ring gains an extra effect of 0.4% life regen per endurance charge. With 8 charges and 2 rings that's a lot of regen. The prophecies cost ~11c each.

For flasks, I think the guide called for a divine life, a basalt, a stibnite, a sulphur, and the Lion's Roar you already have. The life one I'd do as seething prefix and either heat or staunching suffix. Whichever suffix you don't get there needs to go on one of the others, along with a warding. Prefixes on the others don't matter too much; experimenter's, chemist's, ample, and perpetual are all pretty good. The important thing is to remember that alterations aren't free, so don't go completely nuts trying to roll perfect flasks. I always do a search on poeapp.com before I try rolling a particular flask just to see if someone else is selling one for a really low price.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Ok, this is cool/hot.

I wish GW2 and POE could have a baby.

The skills and classes of GW2, with the passive trees, loot, stat system, monster slaying of POE, and all the awesome skins and MTX from both.

• 1Like

Borzak

I had that prophecy and the ring and didn't put two and two together till now. Thanks.

Edit - got it upgraded, thanks. I guess I should go thru my prophecies and look at them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like